The Broken Road Leads Me - 2020 Mariner World Cruise Blog

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Marcia, I just wanted to mention how much I am enjoying reading your beautiful blog posts.  The trip sounds absolutely heavenly!

How is the internet connection on the Mariner, are you having any difficulty uploading photos to your blog?

Keep enjoying!

(Here is a link to Marcia's latest post)

https://consultm2.blogspot.com/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=a_new_post_from_the_broken_road_leads_me&utm_term=2020-02-17

Bob

On 2/17/2020 at 2:43 AM, boblerm said:

Marcia, I just wanted to mention how much I am enjoying reading your beautiful blog posts.  The trip sounds absolutely heavenly!

How is the internet connection on the Mariner, are you having any difficulty uploading photos to your blog?

Keep enjoying!

(Here is a link to Marcia's latest post)

https://consultm2.blogspot.com/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=a_new_post_from_the_broken_road_leads_me&utm_term=2020-02-17

Bob

Bob,

It's wonderful to be able to share this voyage with you and others.  I am delighted to know that you are enjoying my blog posts.  Sharing is as much fun as the experience!  

The internet connection can be very challenging.  Uploading photos works intermittently. I have videos that I would love to post in the blog and a really fun iMovie Trailer I created on a sea day that I think others would enjoy, but, uploading these files is impossible.  If we get to a port where I can pick up a strong internet connection, I'll be working furiously to get everything online!

I appreciate you sharing the link to my blog! Thank you!   Great to hear from you! 

Best,

Marcia

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Art Instructor2 said:

If you haven't caught up on my 2020 Regent Mariner World Cruise blog, I invite you to click on the link below and enjoy some light reading:

https://consultm2.blogspot.com

Best,

Marcia

Thanks for bringing joy to this crazy time.

Best wishes for a great voyage,

Jim C

• Like 1

@Art Instructor2, Marcia, your blog is very enjoyable along with that from @ArtsyCraftsy, Lana.

With the ongoing covid-19 virus epidemics have you been notified of any further itinerary changes in the future?

Also have the numbers on board diminished? i.e. have you noticed a drop-off in the number of "segmenters"?

I look forward to the next blog instalments from your cruise 🙂

• Like 1

On 3/5/2020 at 11:27 PM, flossie009 said:

@Art Instructor2, Marcia, your blog is very enjoyable along with that from @ArtsyCraftsy, Lana.

With the ongoing covid-19 virus epidemics have you been notified of any further itinerary changes in the future?

Also have the numbers on board diminished? i.e. have you noticed a drop-off in the number of "segmenters"?

I look forward to the next blog instalments from your cruise 🙂

flossie009,

I am glad you are enjoying our blogs.  It's fun sharing the experience!  And, what an experience it is!!!

Sydney marked the end of a segment and a lot of people disembarked.  Many of them had planned to end their cruise in Singapore, but elected to leave early rather than fly from Perth.  About 125 -ish guests boarded in Sydney.  I assume they are on for this one segment.  I understand we have less than 500 guests on board.

My guess is that few, if any, will board the ship in Perth due to the uncertainty of cruise due to the virus.  We have heard nothing more from Regent, however, I've been reading the news.  Sri Lanka's port is open for fueling and supplies, but passengers will not be allowed to disembark. Additionally, India is now reporting many cases of the covid-19 virus.  Currently, we have five (5) days scheduled in various ports in India, following two days in Sri Lanka. 

I will update all of you when I have more information.

Wishing all of you good health and happy sailing!

Marcia

• Thanks 1

Thanks Marcia for the update.  Our sons and daughter are not definitely not wanting us to go.   We were so looking forward to the cruise.  We definitely fit into the high risk group both age wise and otherwise.  We appreciate getting the news direct from you.

Also am thoroughly enjoying your delightful blog.

Ann

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Eager2Travel said:

Thanks Marcia for the update.  Our sons and daughter are not definitely not wanting us to go.   We were so looking forward to the cruise.  We definitely fit into the high risk group both age wise and otherwise.  We appreciate getting the news direct from you.

Also am thoroughly enjoying your delightful blog.

Ann

Thank you, Ann.  

I am no authority and am hesitant to share information as this is a fluid situation.  In fact,  folks on CC know more about the upcoming ports than I do on the Mariner.  I have not been notified that Italy was cancelled and replaced with ports in Turkey.   

I was looking forward to seeing you and Shel again.  I'm sure there are more cruises in our future!  Wishing you good health!

Best,

Marcia

23 hours ago, Art Instructor2 said:

The 2020 World Cruise is cancelled.  All guests will leave the ship the morning of March 19th in Fremantle.  

As of now, all ports in Australia are closed to cruise ships. 

1 hour ago, Fletcher said:

As of now, all ports in Australia are closed to cruise ships. 

Please read the fine print. I believe the ban is from foreign ports. Mariner has been in Australia since February 29and will be in Fremantle on March 16. Over 14 days in Australia. Let's all hope that this qualifies for an exemption from the ban. Please let 's state all the facts when posting or do not post.

• Like 1

Should have said since March 1 instead of February 29. Should have double checked my facts before I posted. Still more than 14 days in and around Australia.

Edited by CBWIR

12 hours ago, boblerm said:

Marcia, thank you for all of the great posts, info, and photos on your journey, and most of all, thanks for your upbeat attitude.  Safe travels home and happy future journeys.

Bob

Bob....Nancy...thank you for the good wishes!

Marcia