lanyards for key card

nalakitty

I always bring a lanyard for the key card so I can carry it around. Will guess services punch a hole in it for meow will I need the card holder attached to carry it. I tend to misplace my card or lose from my pockets. anyone else?

I brought a lanyard, and a clear badge holder to hold the card and attach to the lanyard.
I never used it.
The only time you need the card is getting off and on the ship and opening your room.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

39 minutes ago, deec said:

guest services will punch your key card..viking has not provided lanyard or clear pouch for the cruises we have done.  I also misplace my key.

Ok thanks.  I was wondering also.  I don't always have a pocket and I don't carry my purse around the ship.

• Like 1

I use my Viking lanyard every cruise I take!

Guest services will punch a hole in the card for you to attach the keycard  to your lanyard.

A few years ago, Viking Ocean ( when it was very new) sold lanyards. Since then they do not. I have had both other guests and Viking crew ask me where I got it so they can get one too.. I have suggested to Viking that they sell them again as well as reusable water bottles and holders but so far no response..

Amazon has a selection of retractable keycard holders for belt loops, over the neck lanyards, and a retractable badge holder in a zippered see-thru leather pouch. With space for coins and a credit card.  $3.50 to about $10

Many are RFID-resistant

I always use a lanyard on cruises. I have nice ones I got in Michael’s the arts and crafts store. We got plastic pouches from Amazon. You can leave the card in the pouch. It works on the door and when you leave or enter the ship.

I always know where it is

Lanyards are good if you don’t mind it being around your neck. I carry my key card in a pocket but have to make sure not to put it in the same pocket as my cell phone. The phone will de-magnetize the card and will require a visit to guest services to fix the card. I learned this the hard way😊

What they should do is sell a bracelet like Disney and Marriott does.  You put that on your wrist and it opens to door and you can charge on it also - it can also get wet.   Much easier than the key around the neck.   You keep that and the next cruise they reprogram.   Works great.   

17 hours ago, irishwitchy said:

What they should do is sell a bracelet like Disney and Marriott does.  You put that on your wrist and it opens to door and you can charge on it also - it can also get wet.   Much easier than the key around the neck.   You keep that and the next cruise they reprogram.   Works great.   

I wear a watch on one arm and a bracelet on the other. I do NOT want a Disney bracelet!

i prefer my lanyard or my purse.  I would hate it if Viking switched to that.

• Like 1

Princess has the Medallion which i think is usually worn as a bracelet, and Royal Caribbean had WOW bands on our last cruise (doesn't work for getting on/off the ship).  I don't think I would like the bracelet either - I have enough issues with my FitBit.

I'm usually carrying my EpiPens, so I carry a purse and will often have a few extras in my purse since I'm carrying it anyway.

• Like 1

Princess has the Medallion which i think is usually worn as a bracelet, and Royal Caribbean had WOW bands on our last cruise (doesn't work for getting on/off the ship).

And Princess has found a whole new source of nickel/diming with all sorts of 'accessories' they'll sell you for holding/attaching/wearing your medallion.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Maybe it's me but....since it is just the size of a credit card and we never have to show it on the ship except to enter or exit, is it the same problem with those pesky keys for our houses?  Do you not have a single pocket in your clothes?

15 hours ago, Dauntless said:

Maybe it's me but....since it is just the size of a credit card and we never have to show it on the ship except to enter or exit, is it the same problem with those pesky keys for our houses?  Do you not have a single pocket in your clothes?

I often don't have pockets, especially if wearing maxi skirts (my favorite for sea days).  I have almost no shirts or sweaters with pockets.

15 hours ago, Liz Masterson said:

Well... often women's clothing lacks pockets, mostly because they tend to produce lumps where we don't want them. But every now and then you get a dress with pockets and it's divine!

Hope this Gif works! 

https://images.app.goo.gl/CkK8b4F9ZteUDtHV9

I was impressed when shopping for my daughter's formal that several dresses had pockets 😄 especially those with full skirts - finally!

• Like 1

On 1/15/2020 at 5:04 PM, Dauntless said:

I very rarely have a pocket and when I do they are usually shallow.  Not something I would trust my key in.  Women’s clothes don’t have pockets also because designers think we should carry POCKETbooks 🤣.  Very few of us want to bother with them unless we have to.  I generally have a camera at all times and I just don’t want the extra thing to carry.  Nor do I want to fumble for the key in a purse.  

A lanyard is perfect for me!