30% off AGAIN

twoznuff2

So just noticed the "promo" is 30 % off again (3rd time) since Christmas.  Come on NCL lets get the prices back to a "normal" rate. 😡

Sorry just had to vent. I want to book my next cruise but the prices have been SOOOOOO high since they started this "sale".

• Like 4

2 hours ago, twoznuff2 said:

So just noticed the "promo" is 30 % off again (3rd time) since Christmas.  Come on NCL lets get the prices back to a "normal" rate. 😡

Sorry just had to vent. I want to book my next cruise but the prices have been SOOOOOO high since they started this "sale".

Vent away. I know many people who are waiting to book anything in the future until the inflated prices decrease. Haven cabins are even more ridiculous.

• Like 1

I’ve actually turned to Carnival for 2022. I haven’t sailed Carnival in a few years and have been sailing exclusively on NCL. Escape, Sun, Bliss, Encore ..... I booked the new Carnival Panorama for my family of four over the kids springs break for $2500 in the private Havana area. My hopes of staying with NCL have faded with the cuts and big price increases. I still have two booked with NCL but have already went elsewhere now. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

I’ve actually turned to Carnival for 2022. I haven’t sailed Carnival in a few years and have been sailing exclusively on NCL. Escape, Sun, Bliss, Encore ..... I booked the new Carnival Panorama for my family of four over the kids springs break for $2500 in the private Havana area. My hopes of staying with NCL have faded with the cuts and big price increases. I still have two booked with NCL but have already went elsewhere now. 

They have started allowing kids into the Havana rooms?  When we sailed the Vista it’s first year it was 18+.  

Edit: I see it’s 12+.  It may have been that way when we went but my kids were 10 & 8.  We did the Family Harbour area instead.

Edited by Liljo22

Havana is 12 plus.  Amazing area!!  We have sailed the Vista and Horizon in this area!!  
Love it!  Carnival and Celebrity’s prices creep up with their beverage packages.  But we can be in a private area, no small children, for about the same as NCL regular balcony.

We switch between NCL (platinum), carnival and Celebrity.  I think diversity is good. And total cost for the experience always factors in!  

2 hours ago, david_sobe said:

30% off means 5% -10% increase

Not a joke.  Been looking at a cruise for 2021 and pricing for months.   Soon as the Black Friday "sales" started, it went up about 10%.  NCL has adopted the used car sales approach 😲

I saved $852 (£650) by rebooking on the black Friday 30% off deal, and also got double Latitudes points 30 instead of 15.

Inside on Sun 15 day Alaska from Vancouver repositioning to San Diego

2 people with Beverage and dining packages all DSC, gratuities, taxes etc - nothing to pay on ship.

$3932 (£3000) down to $3080 (£2350)

7 hours ago, twoznuff2 said:

Agree!! Going to back off NCL until they come back to reality!! Have one booked for November to Greece but that was reasonable and watching to see if there is a price drop before final!! Who knows as it is on the Star, many don't want anything to do with that ship anymore, too many issues

They keep the promotion going while “above normal number of people” book under Promotion. While a few are bottom fishing, a lot of people continue to book their vacations. The 30% off promotion started thanksgiving week and is still going strong. 

I've had my eye on a particular cruise for Jan 2021 and the price today after the "30%" is essentially the same as it was 4 months ago prior to the "sale".  I just wish I would have booked it 4 months ago when they still had the airfare promo because at the time it was "free".

The 2020 Encore Bermuda cruises continue to be ludicrously priced. Almost $1600 pre taxes & fees for a 7 day studio cabin. 🤯 

The 2021 Joy 7-day cruises to Bermuda are even higher (I tend to sail solo) with an inside $1776 before taxes & fees. 

6 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

Is that A inside out of LA?

Thanks

I was very fortunate to find a Panama Canal cruise on the Joy for Feb 2021 during the previous 30% off sale. I sail solo, and the price for a Haven Courtyard Penthouse (with the 5 free-at-sea and air fare) came out to what I would have spent if there were two of us, each paying half.

It's mainly cruisers on CC who are familiar with prices that can judge a good deal. The masses out there only have to hear that it's a sale so they run out and book. The marketing department at NCL wins that way. It's been said that only about 2% of the cruising public is on CC.