Bionic Bar and Unlimited Drink Package work?

I will be on Symphony and saw that they have the Bionic bar.  2 families and two of us have drink packages.  With 5 kids between us, I am pretty sure if we try it, the kids are going to all want to try to do this.  Anyone know if the Bionic Bar will allow us to swipe our seapass to get drinks.  If the kids want a mocktail, is there time limit between orders to get another drink using the unlimited drink package with same card.   Although, I don't mind getting 2 drinks at once either which may be another option!  Thanks

Edited by cdoobiest

One drink at a time, limited to those guests that have actually purchased a drink package.  If you are caught giving drinks to someone without a drink package they can cancel your package with no refund.

Yes, the Deluxe Drink Package can get drinks at the Bionic Bar. There is not a time limit between card taps. However, you cannot get two drinks at one time on the same package.

Maybe let the kids make you a drink - drink roulette! Word of caution: these drinks are stout.

As Host stated, if you are thinking about using your card to get you a drink then use it again for a mocktail and give that to your kids that is definitely a no-no. If Royal sees that they will cancel your card and you do not get any partial money back. Be aware 

I was on Spectrum of the Seas recently and they have the bionic bar.  On Day 1 the bionic bar was working but after that the mix of Coca Cola and other carbonated mixers was off and the drinks were terrible.  The staff did nothing to resolve this even though I reported it.  As for getting a drink package and is it worth it, that's a personal choice depending on the number of drinks you'll consume.  Because it includes soft drinks, premium coffee and wine, I think I can break even, but it's a tough call.  My kids enjoy having a drink package to order mocktails and then I don't have to worry about them having a giant balance at end of cruise.  

8 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

This is not accurate, there is a full non alcoholic menu at the bionic bar. 

Yes this is true.  There are mocktails at the bionic bar.  But the way the bionic bar was configured on Spectrum of the Seas -- you needed to be 21 to order any drink.  My whole family had drink packages but it wouldn't work for the children.  They had to use my card to get a mocktail.

It is just a gimmick, fun the first few times.

The robot spilled the drinks quite a lot of the time (on ovation at least). Of course if you have a package it doesn't matter.

Edited by icsys

1 hour ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Lol- We thought they were weak 😉

My son created his own drink and didn't order from the menu.  I think you are allowed up to 3 shots. Those tooty fruity drinks are weak no matter where you get them. 

18 hours ago, cdoobiest said:

I will be on Symphony and saw that they have the Bionic bar.  2 families and two of us have drink packages.  With 5 kids between us, I am pretty sure if we try it, the kids are going to all want to try to do this.  Anyone know if the Bionic Bar will allow us to swipe our seapass to get drinks.  If the kids want a mocktail, is there time limit between orders to get another drink using the unlimited drink package with same card.   Although, I don't mind getting 2 drinks at once either which may be another option!  Thanks

The other option is to buy 7 more drink packages 🙄

2 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

My son created his own drink and didn't order from the menu.  I think you are allowed up to 3 shots. Those tooty fruity drinks are weak no matter where you get them. 

4 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Lol- We thought they were weak 😉

Ahh, man - I guess I'm weak, then! I ordered a marg, and I swear that beverage was half tequila.

21 hours ago, cdoobiest said:

Only the two people who actually have a drink package can get free drinks. The others will have to pay for theirs. Packages may not be shared. 

21 hours ago, rccllovergirl said:

Only guests 21 and older can get a drink. My son is 20 and had a drink package (refreshment one) and he could not get any drinks on Anthem.

funny the 6 ,10 and 11 year old's we traveled with loved making up drinks at the bionic bar,

If I remember right once they scanned their card it removed the alcohol options.

6 hours ago, proggieus said:

funny the 6 ,10 and 11 year old's we traveled with loved making up drinks at the bionic bar,

If I remember right once they scanned their card it removed the alcohol options.

Kids are the only ones I actually see the bionic bar appealing to.  If it was an easy way to get a drink during the day at an inside space when most of the other bars are closed, fine, but they usually close it during the day.  So surprised they are putting it on ships as remodel. 

6 hours ago, proggieus said:

Which ship? On Ovation last April the kids couldn't use their cards to get drinks. The crew member in the area said an adult needed to used their sea pass card. We did use our drink package to order the kids' drinks but they had the refreshment package so I don't feel we were cheating the system. 

• Like 1