Signature Suite Mimosas?

DanBoy

Sorry if this has been asked before. Sailing in Signature Suite on Nieuw Amsterdam Mar 14. I saw that at least one point in time Signature suites received free Mimosas at breakfast and an upgraded breakfast menu (steak and eggs no charge) Is this still available?? Thanks 🙂

5 minutes ago, DanBoy said:

Sorry if this has been asked before. Sailing in Signature Suite on Nieuw Amsterdam Mar 14. I saw that at least one point in time Signature suites received free Mimosas at breakfast and an upgraded breakfast menu (steak and eggs no charge) Is this still available?? Thanks 🙂

The mimosas and upgraded breakfast menu are for Neptune and Pinnacle suites, but not for Signatures.

45 minutes ago, DanBoy said:

Ok thanks.. In Aug 2015 they added it for signature but I guess that has gone the way of the Do-Do bird

We were in a signature suite the first week of December on the Oosterdam. We had the upgraded menu and free mimosas. 

11 hours ago, Andi Land said:

We were in a signature suite the first week of December on the Oosterdam. We had the upgraded menu and free mimosas. 

Interesting!  I was also on the Oosterdam from November 30 to December 14, 2019 in a Signature Suite and did not have the upgraded breakfast menu or free mimosas.  I wonder why Andi Land's Signature Suite was upgraded and not mine??  I would have loved a mimosa with my breakfast!  Anyone else notice this discrepancy between cabins?  (I have been on eight weeks in Signature Suites on three ships in the last two years and never had the upgraded breakfast on any of them) 

~Nancy

Edited by oakridger
added

43 minutes ago, oakridger said:

Interesting!  I was also on the Oosterdam from November 30 to December 14, 2019 in a Signature Suite and did not have the upgraded breakfast menu or free mimosas.  I wonder why Andi Land's Signature Suite was upgraded and not mine??  I would have loved a mimosa with my breakfast!  Anyone else notice this discrepancy between cabins?  (I have been on eight weeks in Signature Suites on three ships in the last two years and never had the upgraded breakfast on any of them) 

~Nancy

That is interesting! We were in 6055 from November 30 to December 7. My husband had the steak and eggs three times and we ordered the mimosas one time. I’m guessing our room stewards must’ve made a mistake with the room service menu they left for us. 

Andi Land, I was in 6101, just down the hall.  Lucky you!  I'm glad you got to have the nice menu because I really do think it should be part of the Signature Suite perks anyway.  I do like the "regular" breakfast menu just fine for what I normally order, but.....mimosas would be something I would partake of!  I wrote in on the card asking for a fruit plate, which isn't normally offered for some reason, and received a nice mix of good sliced fruit.  

~Nancy

• Like 1

We did the Transatlantic on the Nieuw Statendam last fall from Rome to FLL. We were in a Signature suite.

We were on our eighteenth HAL cruise, all in signature suites.

Our room steward tried to give us the reduced room menu  this last time and we complained.

He returned with the expanded menu after consulting with his supervisor!!

We got the expanded menu for the 13 remaining days.

There are only 11 signature suites on this Pinnacle class ship. what is the rational for the change ?

We are on the same ship in March this year and in the same cabin for 7 nights. We will be meeting our room steward first day and will ask for the same menu as the last 17 cruises. Standby for a new post upon our return

Balcony Breakfast Bob

1 hour ago, bobpell said:

We did the Transatlantic on the Nieuw Statendam last fall from Rome to FLL. We were in a Signature suite.

We were on our eighteenth HAL cruise, all in signature suites.

Our room steward tried to give us the reduced room menu  this last time and we complained.

He returned with the expanded menu after consulting with his supervisor!!

We got the expanded menu for the 13 remaining days.

There are only 11 signature suites on this Pinnacle class ship. what is the rational for the change ?

Balcony Breakfast Bob

IMO, HAL built too many Neptune and Signature Suites on the Vista class ships and often has a hard time selling them out without offering steep discounts.  So they "fixed" this on the newer ships by adding the Vista cabin category and reducing the number of Signature and Neptune suites.

We just got off the Nieuw Amsterdam on Saturday and had a signature suite.  Our steward gave us the expanded suite menu the first night but then gave us the standard menu the next night indicating he had given us the wrong one.  I asked him to show me the expanded suite menu and I showed him down in the left corner it was printed SS/Pinn/Nep 2/19.  He also had a mix of older  dated suite order forms that did not include SS.  He had me call the front desk and they checked and said I should continue to get the expanded suite menu.  I informed the room steward and my DH enjoyed steak and eggs with a mimosa every morning!  

• Like 1

Ok thank... so what it looks like is that it IS now including Signature suites?.. In any case I will check it out when I get onboard   Thanks! It seems some people say they got em others no.. They should just give it to ALL suite PAX..

1 hour ago, MudderBear said:

Curious.  How many Signature Suites on Noordam?

By my manual count of the deck plans:

Signatures - Noordam - 98

N.S. - 14 

By my count 58 Neptunes on the Noordam .  N.S. has only 41 NEPTUNES.           

Huge difference   

11 minutes ago, DanBoy said:

Ok thank... so what it looks like is that it IS now including Signature suites?.. In any case I will check it out when I get onboard   Thanks! It seems some people say they got em others no.. They should just give it to ALL suite PAX..

Bolding is mine.  

Keep in mind that that would add a LOT of cabins on some ships.  On the R & S ships,  all of the verandah cabins are called Vista Suites and the Pinnacle Class offers slightly larger verandah cabins that are called Vista Suites.

6 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

By my manual count of the deck plans:

Signatures - Noordam - 98

N.S. - 14 

By my count 58 Neptunes on the Noordam .  N.S. has only 41 NEPTUNES.           

Huge difference   

I wonder if it isn't only the larger number of Neptunes, but also the larger number of Signatures that leaves so many Neptunes available on the Vista ships? If you don't mind not having the lounge or the Pinnacle breakfast, you can get a decent amount of space and save considerable money by booking a Signature suite on those ships. Less "need" to book a Neptune? 

23 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I wonder if it isn't only the larger number of Neptunes, but also the larger number of Signatures that leaves so many Neptunes available on the Vista ships? If you don't mind not having the lounge or the Pinnacle breakfast, you can get a decent amount of space and save considerable money by booking a Signature suite on those ships. Less "need" to book a Neptune? 

I agree with you.  I generally book a Signature for alot less than a Neptune on the Vista class ships as the size of cabin is not great much, especially when you consider the fare difference.  Often times I get an upsell offer to a Neptune anyway.  Once you obtain 4 star status, you get some of the Neptune perks anyway (like free laundry and VIP boarding).

Edited by DaveOKC
  • Like 1

After 17 Signature Suite HAL cruises getting the expanded breakfast menu card I will definitely be  calling up the In Room Dining Supervisor if we are issued with the same form which is given to an inside room.

My TA just informed me that paying another $218 cad each to join Club Orange will get us an expanded breakfast card!!??

Please feel free to email guestrelations@hollandamerica.com if you feel enough is enough

Breakfast Bob

When we were in a ss suite on the Eurodam in Dec. 2018, we initially were given the expanded menu.  We enjoyed it for a few days, then it ended.  We had terrible room stewards (first time I have ever said that😢) and I think they just gave us the wrong card.  It never happened on subsequent cruises in an ss.  I have mentioned to HAL in writing that we hate the new menu and would prefer the a la carte menu.  We would end up ordering things we didn't want just to get items we want...a terrible waste of food.  So far they haven't listened. 

Karen

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kevingastreich said:

Sounds like that if you are in a SS, you can ask for and get the expanded menu if it is not initially offered.

Based on everyone's recent experience, go ahead and ask, but don't count on getting it. bobpell said he's had the expanded card on 17 SS cruises.    HAL isn't particularly consistent from ship to ship with a lot of policies/foods/beverages. I've never had the expanded menu card for any of my Signature Suites as recently as a month ago.  Good Luck and please let us know if they give you one if you only ask.

Edited by oakridger