Unoaked Chardonnay on Edge?

chickenfoot

1 hour ago, chickenfoot said:

We have the Premium Drink Package so I think we should have access to all the wines.

The wine by the glass is rather limited even on Premium and will vary by restaurant and bar.  There are a number of wines available by the glass that are over the package limit and you will be charge the difference in price.  For best selection you would have to buy a bottle (with the discount).

• Like 2

In reality does it really matter? You are sailing in a week.   If they don’t have it what would you do? 

Then again I guess it is a fair question as you can take a few bottles of wine on board.  

I would suggest taking bottles on board  to enjoy in your cabin if that is the wine that you really like and enjoy.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸

I can't say it's truly unoaked, but X's private label Elegance is lighter on the oak.  Ironically, it's bottled by Kendall Jackson, whose Reserve I find VERY OAKEY.  I'm no wine pro, so please feel free to torch me.

Edited by marieps

On 1/12/2020 at 10:23 AM, chickenfoot said:

We are sailing in a week on the Edge and I wanted to know if Celebrity has an Unoaked Chardonnay? We have the Premium Drink Package so I think we should have access to all the wines. Does anyone have the answer? Thanks in Advance

Ask for the Mer Soleil.  This is the best Unoaked Chardonnay on Celebrity.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cruise Junky said:

Only Mer Soleil Silver is unoaked. The regular has lots of Oak.

I know but Celebrity also offer the Mer Soleil Unoaked Chardonnay.  I had it on the Summit and Equinox.

It is the same one as in the picture.

mer_soleil_.jpg

7 minutes ago, Cruiselyne said:

I know but Celebrity also offer the Mer Soleil Unoaked Chardonnay.  I had it on the Summit and Equinox.

It is the same one as in the picture.

mer_soleil_.jpg

Read it's full label...it's the Silver as I said in my post.  If you just order Mer Soleil, you're likely to get the regular.

1 hour ago, marieps said:

Do they have that by Mer Soleil by the glass on the PBP?  I'd like to try it.

I was able to get it by the glass in the Passport Bar but it wasn't always available.  Luckily, I could get it by the glass in the MDR consistently.  

2 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

I was able to get it by the glass in the Passport Bar but it wasn't always available.  Luckily, I could get it by the glass in the MDR consistently.  

That's super.  I drink Elegance out of habit but happy with another choice.  Thanks.

• Like 1