Where to park scooter in Buffet on Equinox

helen haywood

Renting a scooter for the first time on Equinox.  I’ve seen scooters parked at various places other than the entry at the Oceanview Cafe before but as I wasn’t using one...I didn’t pay too much attention. I don’t want to create a hazard for anyone.  Could someone who uses one (or is more observant than I) tell me where you have seen them parked?

4 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Don’t overthink it. When you get there you will see several good options

I appreciate the OPs concern and  courtesy to the other passengers  but as you suggested don’t over think it.  

Most passengers are sympathetic and accommodating.    

your biggest problem will be the the elevators after the muster drill and embarkation.  

On one cruise there was a person in a scooter that had a hard time getting a elevator because everyone would rush to it.   I finally made a stand and held the other passengers off that came after so she could get on.  She thanked me said that she was there for over 30 minutes

After that I always try to accommodate them except for those that try to get ahead of everyone because they can move faster than the crowd that is walking.  I can also walk faster but the crowd won’t allow me.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🇺🇸

My DM used a scooter on our cruise. Most of the time she was able to park her scooter right next to our table in the OV. If there wasn't room then I'd move the scooter against the interior wall so it wouldn't be in a walking path. Staff were very helpful in identifying locations to park the scooter and would often offer to move the scooter for us.  

As mentioned by a prior poster, in and out of the elevators was the greatest challenge. If an elevator wasn't too busy we found it easier to back into the elevator so my mom could drive straight out. If the elevator was very busy then she had no choice but to drive in and back out because if she took too long to get on the elevator people jumped in front of her. I was amazed at how rude some people were, but also amazed at how helpful others were. 

• Like 1

Amazed at rudeness”.  Yes X was full of of them on Dec 13.  Old crotch men and obese ladies seemed to be the rudest.  On several occaisions young men stepped aside held people back to allow me into the elevator.    The young ladies in in buffet were more than helpful with obtaining food for me even telling my (who is not handicapped) to go ahead and her food and they would care of me and even assist her if need be.  What a nice feeling.  Maybe that is why we sail X.   The rudest folks (in my opinion) are from two locales.

in the US.  

3 hours ago, Mr&MrsBee said:

The rudest folks (in my opinion) are from two locales.

in the US.  

The Condo Commandos from FL and those from  NYNY 

The very first cruise we took had a group from NYNY.   They were the rudest most obnoxious people I ever encountered.   They complained about everything and treated the staff like they were lower than whale poop.   They never smiled and were just miserable.  

We have encountered the same type on every cruise.   I don’t know how people can  live with themselves being like that.     If you ever watched Seinfeld you know the set.

in my previous post I meant to say during disembarkation trying to get a elevator for those in a scooter.  It is a big problem for everyone and it becomes every man for themselves.  

Don’t know about the rest of the time as we always use the stairs except embarkation and disembarkation  when we have our carry ons. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

42 minutes ago, miched said:

The very first cruise we took had a group from NYNY.   They were the rudest most obnoxious people I ever encountered.   They complained about everything and treated the staff like they were lower than whale poop.   They never smiled and were just miserable.  

We have encountered the same type on every cruise.   I don’t know how people can  live with themselves being like that.     If you ever watched Seinfeld you know the set.

in my previous post I meant to say during disembarkation trying to get a elevator for those in a scooter.  It is a big problem for everyone and it becomes every man for themselves.  

Don’t know about the rest of the time as we always use the stairs except embarkation and disembarkation  when we have our carry ons. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Stereotyping all folks from a locale is not accurate. I've met super kind people from the areas you've mentioned and many others and boorish ill-mannered folks from locales around the globe. By an large most folks we've encountered as fellow passenger on X ships have been kind and considerate like the OP. Of course there are exceptions everywhere, but the majority we've been lucky enough to interact with have been wonderful. Good luck to OP. I hope your cruise goes smoothly.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

Stereotyping all folks from a locale is not accurate. I've met super kind people from the areas you've mentioned and many others and boorish ill-mannered folks from locales around the globe. By an large most folks we've encountered as fellow passenger on X ships have been kind and considerate like the OP. Of course there are exceptions everywhere, but the majority we've been lucky enough to interact with have been wonderful. Good luck to OP. I hope your cruise goes smoothly.

Agree.  It is just the set that I pertain to.

Seinfeld brings them to light and they do exist.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

3 minutes ago, miched said:

Agree.  It is just the set that I pertain to.

Seinfeld brings them to light and they do exist.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Yes, unfortunately rude people exist, I just didn't want OP to have the impression that they were in the majority. BTW, I have a friend that suffered a broken foot because a scooter driver was impatient and just plowed into a crowded elevator full speed ahead. Rudeness exists but happily thoughtfulness, kindness and consideration is what we mostly encounter on X ships.

9 hours ago, miched said:

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I am shocked that the moderators have not removed your racist (not geographic) but racist post.  

On our only experience on an M class ship, we had passsengers in scooters who blocked our access to the stairways - they were so interested in making certain that no one tried to get ahead of them to the elevator that they blocked the area between the elevators and the stairway and gave us dirty looks for trying to access the stairway.  

8 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

I've met super kind people from the areas you've mentioned and many others and boorish ill-mannered folks from locales around the globe. By an large most folks we've encountered as fellow passenger on X ships have been kind and considerate like the OP. Of course there are exceptions everywhere, but the majority we've been lucky enough to interact with have been wonderful. 

Same here - most of the X passengers we have met have been great. In fact, we have had good luck with most of the passengers on the variety of cruise lines we have sailed.

We model the behavior that we would like to receive in return - most people reciprocate - just the occasional jerk that one can expect to encounter anywhere/anytime. .

Edited by dogs4fun

8 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

Yes, unfortunately rude people exist, I just didn't want OP to have the impression that they were in the majority. 

Agree, when I cruised with mobility issues the staff and the vast majority of guests could not have been kinder.

Generally lifts were not too big a problem. We tried to avoid peak times and after muster we just waited our turn...No point fretting. 

Poolside once other guests realised I was struggling to get on a sun bed where there were no gaps they would shuffle other beds to make me some space. One busy sea day I was poolside on my own for a short while and the lady opposite quietly came over and said if I needed a drink or taking to the restroom to just ask...

In the restaurant I tended to leave my chair at the door and hobble to the table on my crutches but if I needed to they would wheel me in then park my chair...Staff in Oceanview offered to wheel me around but my husband generally just got me what I wanted. We did use room service more than usual, generally we just occasionally have an odd breakfast delivered. However, on sea days when we knew Oceanview would be busy we ordered lunch in our room. I loved their chicken noodle soup and their fries are the best on the ship! 

I was able to take my boot off to swim in the Solarium (using the hoist). Staff could not have been nicer, I never had to wait to be helped in or out...

I relate these simple instances to hopefully reassure you you will manage fine throughout the ship...

The one exception to good manners and helpfulness was a lady at the sunset bar who had her handbag on the chair next to her. I politely asked if I could sit down (I was on my crutches and in a boot), she scanned the full bar area for alternative empty seats before reluctantly moving it....It takes all kinds to make a world! 

Helen, you really have had a rotten break (forgive the very bad pun) but as others have said don’t worry about the little things too much, they will sort themselves...

On 1/12/2020 at 6:36 PM, Mr&MrsBee said:

Amazed at rudeness”.  Yes X was full of of them on Dec 13.  Old crotch men and obese ladies seemed to be the rudest.  On several occaisions young men stepped aside held people back to allow me into the elevator.    The young ladies in in buffet were more than helpful with obtaining food for me even telling my (who is not handicapped) to go ahead and her food and they would care of me and even assist her if need be.  What a nice feeling.  Maybe that is why we sail X.   The rudest folks (in my opinion) are from two locales.

in the US.  

Yikes!  Is your experience typical of Celebrity cruises?  

I’m new to cruising, and I am considering my first cruise this year.  Thankfully, I am not handicapped.   You mentioned “old crotch men and obese ladies seemed the rudest”.  What did they do to you that was their rude behavior on your cruise(s)? 

And,  can you be more specific that “the rudest folks are from two locales”.  What locales might that be?   Do you mean passengers from a specific area of the US?    So I can know who to avoid!

And, may God continue to watch over you.

Thank you.

Edited by Justalone

43 minutes ago, Justalone said:

Yikes!  Is your experience typical of Celebrity cruises?  

I’m new to cruising, and I am considering my first cruise this year.  Thankfully, I am not handicapped.   You mentioned “old crotch men and obese ladies seemed the rudest”.  What did they do to you that was their rude behavior on your cruise(s)? 

And,  can you be more specific that “the rudest folks are from two locales”.  What locales might that be?   Do you mean passengers from a specific area of the US?    So I can know who to avoid!

And, may God continue to watch over you.

Thank you.

Please disregard my previous post.

I attempted to delete my previous post but time had expired to delete it.

My questions were answered in previous posts.

Sorry.

Edited by Justalone
Time had expired to delete post.