European menus

2cwatkins2

My wife and I have cruised about 18 times but never to Europe. We are contemplating a Celebrity in May, doing the Spain, France cruise. Assuming there are no dumb questions, Can anybody tell me if there eating menu is much different than the American cruises? I can not seem to find a sample European menu anywhere. I appreciate any input.

7 hours ago, 2cwatkins2 said:

Assuming there are no dumb questions

No dumb questions but there are better places to ask the question. This area is intended for questions about website usage. Your question would get more attention posted in the Celebrity section, https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/16-celebrity-cruises/

9 hours ago, 2cwatkins2 said:

My wife and I have cruised about 18 times but never to Europe. We are contemplating a Celebrity in May, doing the Spain, France cruise. Assuming there are no dumb questions, Can anybody tell me if there eating menu is much different than the American cruises? I can not seem to find a sample European menu anywhere. I appreciate any input.

Howdy @2cwatkins2 and welcome back to Cruise Critic!! emo22.gif I see it has been a while since you posted on the boards.

Since your thread concerns a specific cruise line and their menus, I have moved your thread to the Celebrity Cruises forum where it will be on-topic. The majority of your fellow Cruise Critic members that have sailed Celebrity frequent this forum. I feel sure any member that has sailed Celebrity in Europe will be happy to provide feedback about their cruise. Please browse through the thread titles on this new forum looking for threads of interest. You will probably find your fellow Cruise Critic members will have already posted questions and received answers that will help you.

And don't forget, after your cruise be sure to go to our Member Cruise Reviews section and submit your review for publication. Many cruisers will benefit from your experience, and you might win a prize from Cruise Critic! emo34.gif See the latest list of winners: Write a Review and You May Win a Prize Like These Members Did! (January 9, 2020)

I sincerely hope this will be satisfactory and glad to have you back aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

Our experience has been that Celebrity does not alter the menus according to the area being sailed.  We have seen the same menu’s in the Caribbean as we have in the Baltic’s,  Australia/NZ, Spain/Portugal and Mediterranean.   I have seen items in Oceanview Cafe that were more region specific.  Over the past five years we have been sailing Celebrity we have not seen much of a change in menus at all.     Our last cruise was in Feb/March 2019 and I believe there have been some changes since then.  I’ll find out in three weeks! 

5 minutes ago, NCHPcruiser said:

Our experience has been that Celebrity does not alter the menus according to the area being sailed.  We have seen the same menu’s in the Caribbean as we have in the Baltic’s,  Australia/NZ, Spain/Portugal and Mediterranean.   I have seen items in Oceanview Cafe that were more region specific.  Over the past five years we have been sailing Celebrity we have not seen much of a change in menus at all.     Our last cruise was in Feb/March 2019 and I believe there have been some changes since then.  I’ll find out in three weeks! 

They are for the most part the same.  I did not notice the differences if any.

I did not notice differences according to the region except in perhaps small differences in OceanView.

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, 2cwatkins2 said:

Yes I would go.   Either western mediterranean or eastern mediterranean are a must see.  

Edited by NMTraveller

Just off the Constellation's Italy/Dalmatian Coast cruise in November 2019.  The menu's were the same as the previous cruises we were on (Pacific Coastal, and Southern Caribbean/ABC Islands).  We just make sure to eat local food for lunches when we are in port.  No complaints, though, as the MDR has been very good for us.