Princess Senior Ship Staff, inc Cruise Directors & Entertainment Directors

CCHelp

16 hours ago, KamJam said:

He said this on Instagram on July 2, 2023:

hello again! 😄 I’m on the Crown at the moment and will be on the Majestic from September

Thanks.  Without a doubt, Kristoff is by leaps & bounds the BEST cruise director on Princess or any other line in my experience on 40+ cruises on multiple lines.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• DO NOT push the "Quote" button. It creates a copy that the next person cannot properly update.
  • DO select and copy ALL of the text (including the instructions and the list) up to COPY TO THIS LINE . . . from the most up-to-date list (the most recent reply with the list). 
  • Go to the bottom of the latest post, to the "Reply to this Topic..." box to create a new post.
  • Paste your copied text into that box.
  • Make your modifications to the list.
  • Add change notes at the bottom.
  • Click the "Submit Reply" button just below the list you are modifying.
  • Confirm that everything is correct! You can edit for up to 20 minutes.

Ship

Captain

Cruise

Director

Entertainment

Director

Director

Restaurant Ops

CARIBBEAN

Vincenzo Lubrano

Jody Miles

DuVaul Gamble

Robert Boyd

Oscar Perego

CORAL

Gavin Pears

Aaron Hawkins

Sara Romera

Joachim Rothe

CROWN

Christopher Lye

Kristoff Greyling

Michael Kujawski

Mariusz Czemarmazowicz

DIAMOND

Stefano Ravera

Natalie Costa &

Mikiko Ikemoto

Samantha McDonough

DISCOVERY

John Smith / Tony Ruggiero (7/30)

Michael Reitano

Neil Rose

Silvio Zampieri

EMERALD

Martin Stenzel

Fernando Duran

Geof O'Rourke

Carlos Marques

ENCHANTED

Mario Ciruzzi

Jayson Douglass

Ron Goodman

Francisco Patricio

GRAND

Michele Bartolomei

Callie Smit

Giuseppe Franchina

ISLAND

Paul Slight

Karen Rogers

Sue Rawlings

Daniele Rosafio

MAJESTIC

John Foster

Kevin Tugwell

Marissa Wurms

Douw Steyl

REGAL

Tim Stringer

Sophie Gideon

Martyn Moss

ROYAL

Andrea Spinardi

Corinne Steel

Caitlin Messerschmidt

Claudio Giuliani

RUBY

Mario Tani

Cole Bockman

Lauren Meyer

Jacques Ghennai

SAPPHIRE

Todd McBain

Fernando Cunha

Matthew Joseph

Mario Propato

SKY

Marco Fortezze

Dan France

Matt Barnard

Ciprian Hoidreag

<COPY TO THIS LINE SO THERE IS SPACE TO TYPE "CHANGE NOTES" AFTER THE CHART

Emerald DRO - Carlos Marques

Discovery Captain - Tiny Ruggero (7/30 Taking Handover From John Smith)

Edited by Jeter02
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MortySails said:

Sad if he left Princess.  Even sadder he left to go to MSC.

Just to put this topic to bed for others who stumble upon this thread hoping to hear the "bye bye" in the halls of Princess again:

image.png.095eca9d80985642258236ad5a126b3e.png

"Captain Tuvo hails from the beachside town of Levanto, La Spezia in Italy. He started his career onboard cargo ships just after graduating from The Nautical Institute Nazario Sauro. In 1999, he decided to make the transition to passenger ships and worked his way up the ranks, being promoted to Captain in 2016. While he has many years of sea-time experience under his belt, he always looks forward to the next adventure. His greatest joys are his family, cooking and outdoor sports such as cycling and hiking. Captain Tuvo is honoured to be a part of the MSC family."

As Captain John Smith said in some video I found of a holiday cruise on the Discovery last year, "Captain Bye Bye is Bye Bye."

And here's another nice bonus, just for old times' sake.

image.png.ed955a5b9112f19c52acd71601b0b672.png

SOURCE: You can find all MSC captains here. MSC posts the bios and pics of them there.

Edited by snoozecrooze
  • Thanks 1

I am very “Brand Loyal” to Princess, having proposed on Island Princess, married on Caribbean Princess, and part of the Guinness Book of Records Wedding Vows renewal in Regal Princess.  I had the pleasure of meeting many of the Captains from Princess and briefly chatting with Captain “ByeBye” Tuvo in Sky, found him to be affable, visible, personable, and a great part of the Princess onboard culture.  My one time experience on MSC, was in one word, extreme,y disappointing. Won’t discuss the bad service, bad food, bad entertainment, terrible customer service both on board and and shoreside, salvaged only by a great itinerary. I truly wish him the very best and safe and clear seas in his future.

On 7/7/2023 at 4:19 AM, Jeter02 said:

There was an '80s cruise and the Caribbean Princess so they had double cruise directors onboard. Therefore he joined Jody Miles (current cruise director of the Caribbean Princess) just for the one cruise. 

We love Jody!  We had her on the Caribbean last October and then she was on Enchanted for NYE.

2 minutes ago, suzyed said:

We love Jody!  We had her on the Caribbean last October and then she was on Enchanted for NYE.

I was on the same sailing with her as well for Christmas and New Years on the Encanted. She's adorable was. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, dands154 said:

Hi

We are on Island. This is the updated board from today 12th July. 
image.thumb.jpeg.5209be87ae98cc666a3798ac9f9eb0ff.jpeg

Leon Teegan is AH-MAZING!!!!! Always so visible, outgoing, and great to talk to. He was just came off the Sky, as I had him for 2 weeks onboard. 

• Like 1

On 7/10/2023 at 12:27 AM, MortySails said:

I am very “Brand Loyal” to Princess, having proposed on Island Princess, married on Caribbean Princess, and part of the Guinness Book of Records Wedding Vows renewal in Regal Princess.  I had the pleasure of meeting many of the Captains from Princess and briefly chatting with Captain “ByeBye” Tuvo in Sky, found him to be affable, visible, personable, and a great part of the Princess onboard culture.  My one time experience on MSC, was in one word, extreme,y disappointing. Won’t discuss the bad service, bad food, bad entertainment, terrible customer service both on board and and shoreside, salvaged only by a great itinerary. I truly wish him the very best and safe and clear seas in his future.

Sometimes I wonder if we go into a brand closed minded…expecting things to be what we are used to. We booked a cruise on MSC during late summer last year for a spring cruise (not even in YC). I was nervous based off the things I had read. Captain Tuvo told me that we would be fine. He was right. We still prefer Princess to MSC, but we didn’t have a bad experience at all. We are sailing on MSC twice during the next few weeks. One as a group and one to recover from sailing as a group. Haha 

• Haha 3

On 7/14/2023 at 6:18 AM, phred119s said:

Sometimes I wonder if we go into a brand closed minded…expecting things to be what we are used to. We booked a cruise on MSC during late summer last year for a spring cruise (not even in YC). I was nervous based off the things I had read. Captain Tuvo told me that we would be fine. He was right. We still prefer Princess to MSC, but we didn’t have a bad experience at all. We are sailing on MSC twice during the next few weeks. One as a group and one to recover from sailing as a group. Haha 

We have done 2 MSC cruises...I thought the MDR food was poor but the specialty restaurants were very good to excellent!  I also thought the shows were great!  Was Captain Tuvo on your sailing yet when you sailed?  Which ship are you going on?

10 minutes ago, suzyed said:

We have done 2 MSC cruises...I thought the MDR food was poor but the specialty restaurants were very good to excellent!  I also thought the shows were great!  Was Captain Tuvo on your sailing yet when you sailed?  Which ship are you going on?

He will be on the “group recovery” cruise. We are sailing on Seaside and Seascape in the next couple of weeks. 

we were on Meraviglia in April. Actually thought the MDR food was better than some we’ve had while on Princess the last couple of trips. 

On 7/12/2023 at 5:16 PM, Jeter02 said:

Leon Teegan is AH-MAZING!!!!! Always so visible, outgoing, and great to talk to. He was just came off the Sky, as I had him for 2 weeks onboard. 

Hi @Jeter02

Well I have finally met the highly visible Leon and I can concur that he is indeed outgoing and happy for a chat. What a lovely gentleman. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, dands154 said:

Hi @Jeter02

Well I have finally met the highly visible Leon and I can concur that he is indeed outgoing and happy for a chat. What a lovely gentleman. 

Horray!!!! So glad you had an opportunity to meet him!

18 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

Horray!!!! So glad you had an opportunity to meet him!

It is always great that the crew and staff take time to spend some quality time with the passengers.  They are still very grateful to have us back and supporting their efforts.

We booked another cruise to go along with the other 3 we have on the books and sent a message to Oscar on the Caribbean Princess and he wrote back right away and so happy to be with us again.

It's good to be with the Princess family atmosphere.

What is the normal length of a stay aboard a ship for a CD? Sailing Grand Princess 32 days starting October 28 and wondering if the next CD that is listed will still be aboard at that time.

4 hours ago, Thrak said:

What is the normal length of a stay aboard a ship for a CD? Sailing Grand Princess 32 days starting October 28 and wondering if the next CD that is listed will still be aboard at that time.

CD's usually have a 6-month contract.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Grego said:

It is always great that the crew and staff take time to spend some quality time with the passengers.  They are still very grateful to have us back and supporting their efforts.

We booked another cruise to go along with the other 3 we have on the books and sent a message to Oscar on the Caribbean Princess and he wrote back right away and so happy to be with us again.

It's good to be with the Princess family atmosphere.

We love Oscar!! 

• Like 1

Does anyone know if Todd McBain will still be on the Sapphire in November?  We sailed with him to Antartica last year on the Sapphire and will be doing Hawaii and the South Pacific in November.  Hoping he will be there, but he may be taking time off prior to sailing again to Antartica.  He was the best Captain we have sailed with!.  Great communication and so enthusiastic about Antartica!   

Does anyone know if CD Jody is leaving CB? I was praying that she was going to still be on in two weeks when we leave NY for our cruise to Greenland but just received an email with DuVaul listed as the CD. I would hate to miss her on this cruise as we absolutely loved her on our Enchanted cruise this past December.