Paying another cabins gratuities

Next month we're sailing on Harmony and treating my in-laws for their 50th anniversary. They are in a different cabin, but is there a way we can pay their gratuities for them without them having to be involved - either by a trip to Guest Services or by other means?

19 minutes ago, fletch1027 said:

Next month we're sailing on Harmony and treating my in-laws for their 50th anniversary. They are in a different cabin, but is there a way we can pay their gratuities for them without them having to be involved - either by a trip to Guest Services or by other means?

I believe guest services will be able to take care of that. By the way I think we might be related.... FYI for next time

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, not-enough-cruising said:

If you have their reservation number you can just call Royal now and get it out of the way. 

That's what my wife wants to do - but I want to wait until I get on board if possible so I can use their cabins OBC to pay for part of the gratuities... 😎

1 hour ago, fletch1027 said:

I just did this on Adventure.  Just call RC and prepay.  no problem

5 hours ago, fletch1027 said:

3 hours ago, fletch1027 said:

That's what my wife wants to do - but I want to wait until I get on board if possible so I can use their cabins OBC to pay for part of the gratuities... 😎

You can do it at guest services however you wont be allowed to use their OBC without getting them involved.  They must approve it.

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You can do it at guest services however you wont be allowed to use their OBC without getting them involved.  They must approve it.

I did this last month. My mom was in the cabin next door with an OBC. I calculated her gratuity less the OBC.

I went to guest services and paid cash on her account. She didn’t make any on board purchases and the full amount of her OBC and my cash went toward gratuities. 

Edited by Tee & Chilli
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tee & Chilli said:

I did this last month. My mom was in the cabin next door with an OBC. I calculated her gratuity less the OBC.

I went to guest services and paid cash on her account. She didn’t make any on board purchases and the full amount of her OBC and my cash went toward gratuities. 

I read the OP wanted to take care of it in such a way that the guests in the other room would not even know those charges were there. 

1 minute ago, Heymarco said:

Yup. OBC - Auto Gratuity + Paying difference at guest services or online = no in-law involvement. Cheers!

I took it as the OP didn’t want his in laws to be involved as meaning that he didn’t want them to see that there were gratuities charged and paid. That can be done by having guest services pay the gratuities in full but not using the IBC from that cabin.  Doing it the way you would suggest the in laws would see what had been done. 

6 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

If in-laws aren’t expected to make any purchases, could you simply take expense account for both rooms? Maybe while checking them in online? 🤔🤫

Yes, if you checked them in online and took responsibility for their account then that would work. 

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I read the OP wanted to take care of it in such a way that the guests in the other room would not even know those charges were there. 

If they turn the TV on won’t they see the account no matter who pays for it. Just sayin.  

10 hours ago, Heymarco said:

If in-laws aren’t expected to make any purchases, could you simply take expense account for both rooms? Maybe while checking them in online? 🤔🤫

I want to avoid a difficult conversation if my MIL decides to buy a purse with her seapass linked to my CC... 😁

11 hours ago, Heymarco said:

Yup. OBC - Auto Gratuity + Paying difference at guest services or online = no in-law involvement. Cheers!

Thanks for all the great replies. I will go the route of paying the difference at guest services and if they figure out how to look at their bill on the TV then more power to them... 😁