Jewel Feb 3 Bahrain Cancelled

• Clarea changed the title to Jewel Feb 3 Bahrain Cancelled
4 hours ago, UK Cruiser2 said:

Jewel of the Seas has cancelled Bahrain on its Feb.3rd cruise....

Received email this morning to say 20th January Bahrain was cancelled, we are on from then until the10th February, expected them to cancel all future visits to Bahrain in the near future! We were going to go ashore at this port because even though we have done lots of Emirates cruises it’s a long while since we docked here! But safety first! 

Gutted by this news - We only booked for the Bahrain stop (it would have been our 88th country visited)

Celebrity did this to us a few years ago as well - we booked for Israel and they cancelled both stops

Won't stop us enjoying the cruise though

14 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

You do realize that Oman is a lot worse of a place than Bahrain?  How would that be safer?

Oman is one of my favourite countries in the world: and one of the beautiful, safest & peaceful countries in the world. Let’s hope this continues under the new Sultan 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

You do realize that Oman is a lot worse of a place than Bahrain?  How would that be safer?

You sure you're not thinking about Yemen? Oman is ridiculously safe, stable, successful, and welcoming. I've absolutely loved my time in Oman. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, little britain said:

Oman is one of my favourite countries in the world: and one of the beautiful, safest & peaceful countries in the world. Let’s hope this continues under the new Sultan 

57 minutes ago, Zach1213 said:

You sure you're not thinking about Yemen? Oman is ridiculously safe, stable, successful, and welcoming. I've absolutely loved my time in Oman. 

Although Oman is safe, the passage to Oman is the concern.  I should have re-worded it better.

4 hours ago, little britain said:

An overnight in AD is winner winner chicken dinner... we’ll actually now get a chance to do Friday Brunch at a 5* hotel which is a big thing and has to be seen to be believed 🥂🍽🥩🍤

Can you elaborate ?

9 hours ago, icsys said:

Can you elaborate ?

Friday is their Sunday.

The young and the expat community go out for brunch, usually in 5* hotels, which is a huge spread of everything and anything you want to eat and drink. It’s about £100pp which given the price of booze is a good deal believe it or not.  Lasts about 4 hours. I’ve only done it at Atlantis in Dubai. 

40 minutes ago, little britain said:

Friday is their Sunday.

The young and the expat community go out for brunch, usually in 5* hotels, which is a huge spread of everything and anything you want to eat and drink. It’s about £100pp which given the price of booze is a good deal believe it or not.  Lasts about 4 hours. I’ve only done it at Atlantis in Dubai. 

Sounds like an NCL or Carnival cruise.

2 hours ago, little britain said:

Friday is their Sunday.

Loads of hotels in Dubai do the brunches and some cost a small fortune.  You can get them without alcohol but £100 is cheap (by their standards) if alcohol included.  Time Outs in Dubai and Abu Dhabi will give loads of info.

For our sailing on 16th March we have received a letter from RCI to say that no change as yet but they are reviewing & we should have more info by 24th Jan. 

Current itinerary is slightly different:

Dubai - cruising - Bahrain - Doha - Sir Bani Yas - Abu Dhabi - Dubai (overnight) so it will be interesting to see what happens. 

4 hours ago, Joseph2017China said:

I made a correction......it is the passage to Oman and not Oman that is the issue.

And that issue is ??? We have just sailed through the Strait of Hormuz today and will dock in Oman tomorrow.  

You must have experienced something different to our non-eventful passage. Please share