CBD oil

1 hour ago, barb65 said:

I use CBD oil for anxiety. Packed it on my recent NCL cruise to Bermuda without any problems. According to all the above posts, I guess I'll have to leave it at home and pray I don't have any anxiety on my upcoming cruise.:classic_rolleyes:

Well that's  NCL and Bermuda,  not sure what NCL restrictions are, what flag they fly under, or what the laws in Bermuda are.

I would assume (as in WAG) that IF(big IF) you have a product containing CBD in your carry on and TSA or cruise lines don't pick it up on check ins, if you keep it in your  cabin and don't leave it out for room steward to see and don't go yammering about it to strangers,  you'll probably be okay. 

10 hours ago, SRF said:

You THINK so????

People can and do what they want.  But if you spend some time searching, you will find articles about people who have learned the hard way that how the US treats something or someone is not the same in another country.

I don't if any given drug dog will sniff you out.  But, you cannot say for sure that they will not.

Up to the individual.  But don't come crying when it goes wrong and you end up in a bad situation.

And remember, even some over the counter drugs are illegal in some countries.   And their laws can be as weird as some of ours.

I am in Doha, Qatar right now.  If you try to bring alcohol into the country, you could be arrested.  And the xray EVERY bag brought in, even your carry on.   But, you can get a drink in most restaurants, and my hotel has a bar. 

Wow your in Qatar, well I know about Middle Eastern rules and if caught with even a joint it calls for execution.  I’ve read there are several people jailed in Saudi Arabia caught with marijuana and they have been sentenced to death 😮.  That is an area where you have to be on your game and not screw up by not following their rules as they mean business.  

Edited by James4me
Spelling error

4 hours ago, barb65 said:

I use CBD oil for anxiety. Packed it on my recent NCL cruise to Bermuda without any problems. According to all the above posts, I guess I'll have to leave it at home and pray I don't have any anxiety on my upcoming cruise.:classic_rolleyes:

Someone could say the same thing about medical marijuana. It’s still illegal to possess in many countries and you can get in a lot of trouble bringing it on board. 

Go to the doctor and get a prescription for something that is legal. Simple. 

11 hours ago, LMaxwell said:

Not a good idea for a variety of reasons, but drug dogs can't sniff CBD out 

Will you guarantee that?

As in, pay all legal defense costs for anyone who takes your advice and still gets caught????

11 hours ago, James4me said:

Wow your in Qatar, well I know about Middle Eastern rules and if caught with even a joint it calls for execution.  I’ve read there are several people jailed in Saudi Arabia caught with marijuana and they have been sentenced to death 😮.  That is an area where you have to be on your game and not screw up by not following their rules as they mean business.  

Yeap, made about 3 passes through the suitcase to make sure all the miniatures were out of the bag.

People don't think about the fact that other countries are NOT the US.  And the US Government will only ensure that you are treated the same as other prisoners.

Also, some countries are not innocent until proved guilty.  And do not have the same concepts of what cruel and unusual punishment is.  Or actually want to have cruel and unusual punishment to encourage people to go straight. 

Years ago, a guy I knew spend some time on sort of a commune in Turkey.  Some things were stolen, so the called the police.  they figured someone would come to take a report, and that would be it.  And hour later, a bus pulls up with a senior officer and a bunch of officers.  they explained what had been stolen, and the police went off searching.

A while later, they returned with a man, and the stolen items.  They were asked to ID the items, and they were what had been stolen.  The senior officer said something, and the other officers started beating on the man with night sticks.

The senior officer explained, that in Turkey, when they catch someone who is guilty (evidenced by having the stolen items) they beat him.  WHEN he goes to prison, he will be beaten.  Just before he is released from prison, he will be beaten,.  They want criminals to be AFRAID of going to prison, so they do not do additional crimes.

At the time, the recidivism rate (repeat caught criminal) in Turkey was about 0.5% per cent.  So only 1 out of every 200 criminals are caught a second time.  US rate is over 80%.  With about 44% arrested within 1 year of release.

https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/18upr9yfup0514.pdf