Celebrity thermal suites/quiet space

NL123

Thinking of booking our first cruise on Celebrity. We are looking at the Reflection or Equinox.  I  really enjoyed the thermal suite on the Norwegian Bliss and Getaway. How does the thermal suite on the Equinox or Reflection compare? Is there a quiet spot equivalent to the Norwegian Vibe on Celebrity ships? Thanks.

1 hour ago, NL123 said:

Thinking of booking our first cruise on Celebrity. We are looking at the Reflection or Equinox.  I  really enjoyed the thermal suite on the Norwegian Bliss and Getaway. How does the thermal suite on the Equinox or Reflection compare? Is there a quiet spot equivalent to the Norwegian Vibe on Celebrity ships? Thanks.

I can’t speak to the thermal suite but there is no pay-for-access pool deck area on Celebrity like Vibe. However, you will find the decks less crowded than NCL and many of the chaise lounges chairs to be nicer quality. You will also have better service in Celebrity. That said, no gated pay-to-access deck area. 

It could be the Persian Gardens that is a perk for Aqua Class.   You are requested to limit your time to 30 minutes if crowded.

The other may be the Solarium that is for guests 18 and older but occasionally there are passengers that talk loud and their voices carry.  

Other than that there are always places you can find that are quiet, and those are usually where no one else is and sometimes it is your balcony or a lounge that isn’t open. 

If you really want a quiet space go to any public area 🤗usually between midnight and 7 am 🤗

Happy cruising  🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

Celebrity has Persian Gardens and the Solarium....put them together and they are similar to the Thermal Suite.  Big difference is the pool in Solarium is not a T pool on Reflection or Equinox. There is no pool in Persian Gardens.   We love the Solarium on those 2 ships...nice quiet indoor pool and hot tubs.  We also love Cafe Al Baccio for a quiet spot for coffee/pastries.  

5 minutes ago, bebe08 said:

Celebrity has Persian Gardens and the Solarium....put them together and they are similar to the Thermal Suite.  Big difference is the pool in Solarium is not a T pool on Reflection or Equinox. There is no pool in Persian Gardens.   We love the Solarium on those 2 ships...nice quiet indoor pool and hot tubs.  We also love Cafe Al Baccio for a quiet spot for coffee/pastries.  

whats the crowd like in solarium . one youtube video review indicated it was over packed.. another, virtually no crowd. i guess ebb and flows but wondering a general pattern

28 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

whats the crowd like in solarium . one youtube video review indicated it was over packed.. another, virtually no crowd. i guess ebb and flows but wondering a general pattern

The solarium is open to all (over age 16 I believe) ....whereas the Thermal Suite on NCL sells limited # of passes.  We have been on 9 Celebrity cruises and the Solarium is our go to place on sea days.  Rarely have we found it too full to get a lounger.  We have always found it to be a nice quiet place to relax.  There is also drink service, and a small cafe with food.   I am the type of person that needs a quiet place to relax and Solarium fits the bill nicely.  

There are no Thermal Suites on ANY Celebrity Ship that compares to the spas on the newer NCL ships, and that includes the Edge and the ships the OP is contemplating. The biggest difference is that NCL Thermal suites have multiple loungers within the thermal suites to relax on. You can literally spend the whole afternoon in an NCL Thermal suite. Not so in a Celebrity Thermal Suite. As others have pointed out to get the same NCL experience on Celebrity you have to utilize the Solarium AND the Spa area, which is obviously not the same thing. On the other hand there is NO NCL ship, either new or old that has an indoor solarium pool area that's free to all guests. That's a feature that's on EVERY Celebrity ship.

Edited by kwokpot