Eurodam Neptune Lounge Question

DivotMaker

Our first HAL cruise will be on the Eurodam in June. We went with a Neptune Suite, and we're curious about the Neptune Lounge.  One of the things we like most about cruising is developing new friendships that extend past debarkation day.   I think I read somewhere where about 64 cabins will have access to it, but we we're wanting to know if it's been your experience that folks tend to hang out in the Lounge and enjoy starting up new conversations or if they tend to go there for privacy and quiet time.  I'm the kind that will strike up a conversation with someone quite easily, but I also understand not everyone is receptive to that.  While I recognize there's no "absolute" when it comes to an answer, I would enjoy any thoughts on how you viewed it to be.  Thank you.

• Like 1

I've gone there once or twice a day, most days and rarely see any one else in the lounge except everyone doing what I was doing - getting something to drink or to snack on. I'm sure some people go there before dinner and sit for a while, I just never seen it. 

• Thanks 1

It does happen - striking up a conversation - if you sit around awhile, but most times it does not.

Best thing to do is to attend the Welcome Aboard cocktail party for Neptunes only.  Its on the first evening around 7 - 8 PM.  There should be a notice in your suite about it, but if not, check with the Neptune staff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

Best thing to do is to attend the Welcome Aboard cocktail party for Neptunes only.  Its on the first evening around 7 - 8 PM.  

Thank you, much appreciated.  

Edited by DivotMaker

1 hour ago, DaveOKC said:

It does happen - striking up a conversation - if you sit around awhile, but most times it does not.

Best thing to do is to attend the Welcome Aboard cocktail party for Neptunes only.  Its on the first evening around 7 - 8 PM.  There should be a notice in your suite about it, but if not, check with the Neptune staff.

It is my Neptune Lounge experience that the lounge is packed for the free drink Embarkation Day party and then the highest number of passengers afterwards may be 6 sitting and chatting.

The snacks are changed four times per day starting with morning continental breaakfast items.

Here is a link to my photo review of the Eurodam from last year that includes images of the Neptune Lounge and snacks:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/photo-reviews/ms-eurodam-onboard-images

Edited by Crew News
  • Thanks 1

Our experiences have been varied.  Most of the time when we have been there (and not in a hurry just to grab something) we will sit down and relax in the lounge.  We have found if others are doing the same thing we end up chatting.   Especially on a sea day the lounge can be busier.  

I remember years ago we ended up chatting with a long time member on here and her husband for a couple of hours in the lounge.  It is a great memory for me as this person has  passed away since then.  

• Thanks 1

Some people tend to stop in more in the mornings for coffees and a pastry before they head to the Pinnacle for breakfast.

Most people just stop in for a snack and then leave.

When the officers stopped attending the Embarkation "party", few people showed up for the free drinks.  One time there was only about 8 of us there.  Free drinks consisted of red and white wine, bloody mary's.  No special ordering of drinks anymore on the ships we were one which included the Eurodam.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

When the officers stopped attending the Embarkation "party", few people showed up for the free drinks.  One time there was only about 8 of us there.  Free drinks consisted of red and white wine, bloody mary's.  No special ordering of drinks anymore on the ships we were one which included the Eurodam.

It really depends on how the Neptune Lounge staff promotes the event.  On one cruise the only mention of it was at the very end of a full page, single spaced letter which mentioned lot of other things.  I doubt that many people ever saw it.  I had asked about it so knew the details.  When we got there there was one other couple and probably 60 glasses of wine and Champagne ready to go - a bit too much for the four of us!  No one else ever showed up so in 10 minutes we left.  Other times the party spills out in the hallway and on some ships they hold it in a different, larger event room.

Edited by DaveOKC

Our first experience with the Eurodam Neptune Suite was in November.  We went to the introduction where there was champagne and the host and hostess introduced themselves and explained what services were available.   We were in an aft so we didn’t spend much time there... a stop in for coffee in the morning and we stopped in for a light lunch and cookies later in the day.  There were never many people there but I was surprised at the families with children who used it.  We did witness a rather spirited conversation regarding billings between a guest and the hostess .  The hosts are your concierge if you have any requests like excursion assistance or dining reservations.    You will have Club Orange benefits which will give you a priority line at the reception desk which is a good place to address billing issues.

We did not go to the Lido at all during that cruise.  Breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill, light lunch in the Neptune lounge, and snacks and coffee, tea, water, and cranberry juice in the lounge.  If you do not have fixed seating you will have a priority Club Orange line for dining.  If you offer to sit with others each evening you will meet a variety of people who you can have interesting conversations with and possibly meet them again around the ship or in the Neptune Lounge.  

We enjoyed our Neptune Suite experience so much we have booked another on the Eurodam.  Be sure to enjoy a dinner in the Tamarind one evening!  Have a great cruise.

• Like 1

When we discovered the Neptune Lounge we never went back to a non-Neptune cabin. The things the hosts can do for you and the perks make it worth the cost. The one time the officers were at the welcome event it was packed. The captain spent at least an hour, but that was a few cruises ago and haven't seen that since. The lounge can be good for meeting and chatting, depends on the passengers and the cruise. Even in a aft Neptune we made the effort to go a couple of times a day, just to see who was there and what snacks were out.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DaveOKC said:

It really depends on how the Neptune Lounge staff promotes the event.  On one cruise the only mention of it was at the very end of a full page, single spaced letter which mentioned lot of other things.  I doubt that many people ever saw it.  I had asked about it so knew the details.  When we got there there was one other couple and probably 60 glasses of wine and Champagne ready to go - a bit too much for the four of us!  No one else ever showed up so in 10 minutes we left.  Other times the party spills out in the hallway and on some ships they hold it in a different, larger event room.

I loved the old days when the captain, HM, cruise director, chef, people from the shops, from the art department, etc.  all showed up and circulated to talk to everyone.  Even had hot appetizers -- music.

AH -- the good old days are gone.

1 hour ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

I loved the old days when the captain, HM, cruise director, chef, people from the shops, from the art department, etc.  all showed up and circulated to talk to everyone.  Even had hot appetizers -- music.

AH -- the good old days are gone.

It’s a shame you never went on the Prinsendam KK.  Even to the last her Neptune get togethers were in the Captain’s Day Room (huge) with lots of officers, hot appetizers, choices of drinks.  Really well done.

Her captains and crew never let go of that tradition even in April/May last year when she was soon to be transferred.

Totally different than the other ships.

• Like 1