Ultimate Panoramic Suite

I have one booked, there was a thread on this a few months ago.  

Pros - 270° views, Star class

Cons - lack of privacy, no balcony.

I was recently beside Oasis in two ports and there really is no privacy if your side is across the pier from another ship. Prepare to have your shades lowered all day.

I'm really surprised there is minimal tinting, no mirror effect looking into these cabins.  Even the bridge has mirror tinting they can lower.

oa_up-1.jpg

oa_up-2.jpg

2 hours ago, twangster said:

I have one booked, there was a thread on this a few months ago.  

Pros - 270° views, Star class

Cons - lack of privacy, no balcony.

I was recently beside Oasis in two ports and there really is no privacy if your side is across the pier from another ship. Prepare to have your shades lowered all day.

I'm really surprised there is minimal tinting, no mirror effect looking into these cabins.  Even the bridge has mirror tinting they can lower.

oa_up-2.jpg

Rumor floating that they will swap bedroom and living room when they do this to Allure.

But after experiencing 1854 on Adventure,  I liked having the bed with the view

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Rumor floating that they will swap bedroom and living room when they do this to Allure.

Interesting.  The <current> dreary living area was one of my concerns with this suite.  Personally, I would rather have the more private bedroom and more public living area than the way they have it now.  It would be interesting to see a propose layout of a reversal of this floor plan.

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

We had 1804 on the Freedom before and loved it.  We are excited to have 1864 on the Adventure in March.  We really love the panoramic OV cabins, especially the oversized ones, but I do not know if I would like the lack of privacy in those recently added to the Oasis.

2 hours ago, twangster said:

Saw this posted in a similar thread on a site we can't mention here.  Fast forward to the 4:45 mark.

The original mockups of the suite showed two very 'fun' looking lounge chairs instead of those blue chairs 😉😁

1 hour ago, lovescats5 said:

Site says room is for 4 but after looking at the couch, which is where 2 people would be sleeping, it does not appeal to us.  Also, 2 new Star Class rooms.  Will they just add them or will they downgrade 2 rooms to Sea or Sky Class?

They now have 4 genies on Oasis 

Site says room is for 4 but after looking at the couch, which is where 2 people would be sleeping, it does not appeal to us.  Also, 2 new Star Class rooms.  Will they just add them or will they downgrade 2 rooms to Sea or Sky Class?

Most STAR Class suites need to utilize couches to hit their occupancy max.  

• Like 1

No rooms were downgraded

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

The original mockups of the suite showed two very 'fun' looking lounge chairs instead of those blue chairs 😉😁

I noticed that too.  In my picture above it looks like they installed the loungers.

4 minutes ago, twangster said:

Don't the A1 aqua suites also use pullman or bunk beds as well as the sofabed to reach capacity?

I guess we'll find out in March. But I understand there are two pullmans in bedroom 2, and 2 get the sofa bed. 

Plenty of room to allow guests to crash after a long night🤣🤣

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Sailed in that room! They ended up swapping out those small blue chairs for the big loungers (like in the mock up) mid way through the cruise! 

• Thanks 1

The room is spectacular! It's an experience. I was hesitant since there is no balcony but you really don't miss it. I can't imagine them swapping the bedroom and living room. The living room tends to be quite dark since there are no windows. Yes we had to keep one side of the room with a shade for most of the trip.. BUT.. it did not change the experience whats so ever. The bathroom is amazing and taking a shower while looking out towards the front of the ship is 🤙 . I would say it's the cheapest Star class room at the moment. We rarely spent any time in the living room. I think it would be weird with two couples though. There are two bathrooms but one is just a half bath. Not to mention the reason you book that room is to wake up to that view! Kids would love it! So I think a family would be ok. But if your planning a trip with just you and your sweetheart.. Go for it! 😉 

HoneyMoonCruiseDec2019-260.jpg

HoneyMoonCruiseDec2019-251.jpg

HoneyMoonCruiseDec2019-215.jpg

HoneyMoonCruiseDec2019-254.jpg

HoneyMoonCruiseDec2019-262.jpg

HoneyMoonCruiseDec2019-253.jpg

HoneyMoonCruiseDec2019-217.jpg

HoneyMoonCruiseDec2019-263.jpg

• Like 2

I know they have not downgraded any of the current Star Class Suites but will they?  They would need 4 genies to have that many rooms.  We were looking at an A1 or A2 on Allure out of Galveston and went with the A1 just in case.  You never know what Royal will do sometimes.  Anyway my thoughts were that if they did not add a genie they would need to remove some rooms from Star Class otherwise the genies would be too busy.

7 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

I know they have not downgraded any of the current Star Class Suites but will they?  They would need 4 genies to have that many rooms.  We were looking at an A1 or A2 on Allure out of Galveston and went with the A1 just in case.  You never know what Royal will do sometimes.  Anyway my thoughts were that if they did not add a genie they would need to remove some rooms from Star Class otherwise the genies would be too busy.

see post #11

• 2 weeks later...

I reserved one of these for a 2022 cruise when they were first released.  Unbelievably cheap for Star Class ($1000 more than an L1 loft on the same 7 night sailing).  I'm usually a stickler for being on 17 on an Oasis class ship, but yeah -- at that price point I'm definitely giving this a shot.  Seems like a smart location for them to add these cabins to.  Pop up one deck and you're at solarium / pools / bars without having anything noisy above you.

Very much looking forward to the view 🙂

Edited by mk-ultra

On 1/24/2020 at 4:09 PM, twangster said:

Saw this posted in a similar thread on a site we can't mention here.  Fast forward to the 4:45 mark.

They should rename the suite from the Ultimate Panoramic Suite to the Ultimate Exhibitionists' Suite.  That is a lot of windows to look INTO the bedroom and bathroom.

• 2 months later...
On 2/7/2020 at 2:46 PM, mk-ultra said:

I reserved one of these for a 2022 cruise when they were first released.  Unbelievably cheap for Star Class ($1000 more than an L1 loft on the same 7 night sailing).  I'm usually a stickler for being on 17 on an Oasis class ship, but yeah -- at that price point I'm definitely giving this a shot.  Seems like a smart location for them to add these cabins to.  Pop up one deck and you're at solarium / pools / bars without having anything noisy above you.

Very much looking forward to the view 🙂

And now, they're very much priced like any other Star Class cabin.  Nabbed one for $6600, now they're $12K+ for 7 nights.

Edited by mk-ultra