Coronavirus

Trend

1 minute ago, lparent71 said:
2 minutes ago, lparent71 said:

I just spoke with Costa and their March 13 sailing out of Dubai and Abu Dhabi is fine. That's Friday so I'm betting Azamara worked it out and that's why we haven't heard. They aren't notifying because it's good.

The situation has gone from the sublime to the ridiculous! We are Under a week away from our actual cruise, things are just getting worse, can we just please have some honesty and clarity from Azamara! We were promised some actual information by end of play today, for once Azamara, just make a decision!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lparent71 said:

I just spoke with Costa and their March 13 sailing out of Dubai and Abu Dhabi is fine. That's Friday so I'm betting Azamara worked it out and that's why we haven't heard. They aren't notifying because it's good.

or is it because their communication is so poor ? - I cannot see the itinerary being what was promised, but I await their response.  

2 minutes ago, Lindy028 said:

The situation has gone from the sublime to the ridiculous! We are Under a week away from our actual cruise, things are just getting worse, can we just please have some honesty and clarity from Azamara! We were promised some actual information by end of play today, for once Azamara, just make a decision!

Well said - a bit of leadership needed please.

• Like 1

I'm expecting they aren't going to say anything about port changes until we board. It is interesting that MSC changed their itinerary back to Qatar when a few days ago I'm pretty sure they had taken it off in favour of Oman...

Just now, lparent71 said:

I'm expecting they aren't going to say anything about port changes until we board. It is interesting that MSC changed their itinerary back to Qatar when a few days ago I'm pretty sure they had taken it off in favour of Oman...

Totally unacceptable! Added to that, where exactly are we going to embark or even disembark! That is not to mention the bit in the middle, which is the actual cruise. Simply not good enough Azamara, as I would have written on one of my pupil’s reports, must do better!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lparent71 said:

Well I for one will be asking them to confirm the literary before I go - bookings made in the UK can be cancelled with the TA if there are significant changes. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, nigelc said:

Well I for one will be asking them to confirm the literary before I go - bookings made in the UK can be cancelled with the TA if there are significant changes. 

As will I.

• Like 1

If you think about it they probably won't send out an email to say everything is a go even if they have confirmed they will be allowed in Dubai because nothing is guaranteed in these times. There could be a ship full of virus return on Saturday and everything shuts down completely. To me, not hearing means it's still going. They would have notified us if not. There's only a small portion of guests on these boards waiting to hear so they won't alert everyone if nothing has changed. Just my thoughts....I'm an attorney so that's how I think.....no one wants to guarantee anything in writing if something could change on a moment's notice. The best they will do is say nothing has changed at this point....same line we've been getting all along.

So I just talked to Azamara. Discussions are still ongoing and they said we would receive an email either way. They are waiting to hear from corporate what is going on. They are basically in the same situation as us. They were notified of the situation by corporate earlier today and still waiting to hear. Since it's the middle of the night over there, I'm not holding my breath.

Edited by lparent71

This was post today on our canadian government travel page:

Avoid all cruise ship travel

The Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) is recommending that Canadians avoid all cruise ship travel due to the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak.

Cruise passengers include travellers from around the world who may be arriving from areas with known or unknown spread of COVID-19. The virus can spread quickly on board cruises due to the close contact between passengers. Older people and people with a weakened immune system or underlying medical condition are at a higher risk of developing severe disease.

Recent cruise ship outbreaks of COVID-19 indicate that a large number of individuals onboard can become infected. While the majority of affected passengers may experience mild symptoms, there have been a significant number of cases requiring hospitalization and critical care, and some deaths have been reported.

As the situation evolves, many countries are implementing policies and restrictions in order to contain the outbreak. These restrictions may impact a cruise traveller's:

• itinerary
  • ability to disembark
  • access to health care

If an outbreak of COVID-19 occurs on your cruise ship:

• you could be subject to quarantine procedures, on-board ship or in a foreign country
  • the range of consular services available to those on cruise ships, in particular in situations of quarantine, may be significantly restricted by local authorities
  • upon return to Canada, you will be required to remain in mandatory isolation for 14 days at a location determined by the Chief Public Health Officer as per the terms of any applicable emergency orders

The decision on Minimizing the Risk of Exposure to COVID-19 Coronavirus Disease in Canada Order (Persons Not on Government Flight) is effective from February 19 to April 30, 2020.

Canadians who choose to voyage on a cruise ship should also be aware that they may not be offered the opportunity to return to Canada on a government-organized repatriation flight, or could be responsible for the costs of repatriation travel.

Government of Canada COVID-19 information line: 1-833-784-4397.

• Like 1

I heard it was announced tonight that Princess is the one paying for the Canadians to be sent home from the Grand. With March break travel around the corner and the new 48 hour cancellation I think they are trying to push people to cancel to decrease the possibility of large cost outlays. Caution is definitely key.

2 hours ago, Vgroom said:

Sensible decision. Has any one heard anything about April cruises? 

Today I received an email from Azamara inviting me to book some “immersive” excursions on the April 26 cruise from Dubai. Prominent was an excursion to Luxor in Egypt, currently closed to tourists by the Egyptian government. I suspect that on many excursions we might be immersed in rather more than we bargained for!

Looks like management in Azamara are still in denial.

Edited by Janet&David

9 minutes ago, Janet&David said:

Today I received an email from Azamara inviting me to book some “immersive” excursions on the April 26 cruise from Dubai. Prominent was an excursion to Luxor in Egypt, currently closed to tourists by the Egyptian government. I suspect that on many excursions we might be immersed in rather more than we bargained for!

Looks like management in Azamara are still in Denial.

More likely to be automated marketing e.mails that are still going our for future booked cruises.

Edited by Bloodaxe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Janet&David said:

Looks like management in Azamara are still in denial.

I got a phone call Sunday asking if I needed help booking shore excursions. Sigh

27 minutes ago, Yogapup said:

We got a similar call on Monday about booking land excursions for our April 14th cruise to Israel. Where the Israeli government announced Monday they will quarantine all new arrivals for 14 days.   🙂   

Great joined up thinking.....