Pick what ever is best for you to lose your weight

Should write it down and and keep it straight

Exercise helps us we know

Some days harder say yes easier to say no

But we will never give up we say

Will get on the scale and be here every Thursday

Happy to see "New Losers" in here with us "Old Losers"

• Like 2

Welcome back Belle and thank you for your fun poem.

Congratulations Diana!!! That is a good loss. 

I'm only down .2 this week but lost another inch off my waist and one off my hips. The scale isn't moving much but my clothes are all fitting so much better. I'm watching what I eat and doing a 30-45 min workout, usually with 5LB weights, at least 5 days a week. 

• Like 4

I just realized I missed last week. 😞 I didn't weight myself this morning as 1) I was in a rush and 2) I am doing a 5 day "reset" starting tomorrow (will weigh myself in the morning). 

To be eliminated:

caffeine (diet green tea allowed in limited amounts)

alcohol

dairy (tzatziki allowed in limited amounts)

gluten

corn

nightshades (eggplants, peppers, potatoes)

refined sugar

shellfish

white rice

eggs and soy

I have been very bad. My new guy has pretty much been over every night. We spent the night away on Saturday to enjoy a piano bar and drinks. I have cooked even more than normal (which is still better than dining out) and we have a cocktail or glass of wine when I get home. I have been awful about gym time as I want to spend time with him before he heads on work travel for 60 days. Therefore, I'm taking advantage of his trip to see family the next 5 days to reset myself. To give you an idea of my cooking - enchiladas, pot roast, chicken casserole with blue cheese mashed potatoes. We've also been doing chips and salsa and last night we had German sour dough with various italian cold cuts and cheeses.

Belle - thanks for another great start

Diana - great job on the loss

Robin - awesome about the inch

Jan - I feel ya on the motivation

Edited by JennyB1977
  • Like 1

Welcome back Belle!  Nice losses Diana and Robin 🙂 Sorry for your small gain Jan - motivation is hard when the scale is moving the wrong way 😞 Congrats on your new beau Jenny ❤️ Maybe when he gets back you can go to the gym together or find other high energy activities to enjoy.  Best wishes on your reset - I should probably do similar.

I only maintained this week.  DH and I had a lunch date yesterday and it was definitely a high salt/high calorie meal.  Clothes are fitting a little better so I'll take that win.

I forgot to plug in my stats - which didn't change from last week 🙄

This weeks stats:

Start: 208.6 (1/9/20) This week: 205.2

Goal 5/14 (next cruise): 20# loss - 16.6# remaining

Goal 10/22 (just after 25th anniversary): another 25# loss

Goal end of year: finish weight of 155#

Edited by pacruise804
forgot my stats
  • Like 1

Thanks @pacruise804 We both gym a lot. We went together last Friday night and Saturday morning. However, with him at my place I have hated getting home and then leaving him again LOL He can train at any point during the day while I'm chained to my desk 😉 I am sure as we spend more time together and the newness wears off it'll get easier. He leaves on the 7th for 60 days of work travel. 

• Like 1

Welcome back, Belle!

Congrats, Diana and Robin!

Jan, Jenny, Pacruise, Liketraveling - hope this week is better. 

I'm down 2# this week which puts me at the same weight I was on my last cruise. We sail in 8 days, and we usually clean out the fridge and wind up eating out the few days before the cruise so we don't have a lot of food just sitting there while we're gone. Going to try to stay good as long as possible this time.

• Like 2

Welcome back, Belle; I hope you had a great trip!

Diana, Robin, melmar02, pacruise804-- Congrats! Losing or maintaining is a win!

Jan & liketraveling--I'm right there with you; up 1.2 pounds this week. Hang in there, better days are ahead for us!

And, Jenny, it sounds like you've got a good plan to work with, but certainly don't begrudge yourself the time with your guy, enjoy!

Everyone have a great week!

Cheri

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I really enjoy all of your input, it helps motivate me so much!!

Welcome back Belle, what was the best part of your cruise? Love your poems💕  I always read them to hubby and he likes them too.  He has no weight to lose, even should gain a few # but he tries to eat his junk food while I'm at work.  

Congrats on all the losers, the only time I want my name being associated with being a loser 🤣

I'm like everyone who either maintained or gained this week,  stayed the same at 138.2 but that was watching what I ate without exercising, I was able to do some upper body work.  My foot is much better and I finally was able to get an exercise session in yesterday and will also today but going slowly to make sure it's all good in there. 

• Like 4

Got my butt (and the rest of me LOL) on the scale this morning. Up 4.4 since the 16th. 😳 So, morning started with hot water with lemon, still sipping my 20oz of diet green tea, had my Pumpkin Smoothie and baby carrots with hummus.

Pumpkin Smoothie - 

calories 355 Carbs 34 Fat 23 Protein 8 Fiber 9  Net Carbs 25

1/4 cup pumpkin

1 tbsp peanut butter

2oz unsweetened flaked coconut

1tsp pumpkin pie spice

few turns of pink salt

3/4c water

1/2 cup ice

Handful of fresh spinach

Thanks for the welcome backs.  Plus still glad you like my poem after all this time.

Sorry I haven't been on much since I got back. Don't think will be on much before

I leave again.  To many things going on. You know..When It Rains It Pours!

Am glad to see you all on here and that some that just joined us are still here!

Company here..got to go.

• Like 1

Jan, Jenni, Cheri and liketraveling oops on the gains.

Pacruise and Jen, ok to stay the same.

Jenni, congrats on your new beau. Sounds like you're having a great time. 

My biggest weight loss obstacle is my husband...…...he loves fast food, snacking, chips, etc. Ugh...….He's very tall so I tell him to put "his" food up high in the cabinets where I can't see it. Works pretty well. 

I won't be on much until probably Monday...family obligations.

Have a good weekend everyone, Diana

• Like 1

So this is more for me and accountability but if it helps anyone else please follow along for the next couple days. So after the hummus and veggies at work yesterday I had a sort of salad with green leaf lettuce, 5oz of leftover pot roast. I know I wasn’t supposed to eat beef but I hated throwing good food away.  It also had half a package of Shirataki noodles the brand was pasta zero and about a tablespoon of Tzatziki. I did not eat all the lettuce or the Tzatziki in the picture. I came home and strainEd the Tzatziki I didn’t like the chunks in it LOL I had 2 cups of decaf coffee in the afternoon. When I got home I had a salad with mixed greens and a balsamic dressing. Then I had more Shirataki noodles with a fake spaghetti sauce. When I say fake it was one of those gluten-free vegan blah blah blah things. Before bed was more hot water with lemon. Went to bed with a very small headache woke up with a raging headache. Took two Excedrin migraine and put the heating pad on the back of my neck and feeling a lot better. Currently drinking my hot water with lemon and then I’ll head to the gym. Total calories yesterday were 1337 and I am down 1.4 pounds. We’ll see what happens the next four days.

9CE2EFCD-4923-414D-BDD4-7C2E04A4ECCE.jpeg

CE6A6148-7302-431F-A074-2FE32A27DB66.jpeg

D2404F17-C7B8-4388-99D2-C5FEA0ED77BA.jpeg

Edited by JennyB1977
  • Like 1

My fitbit bit the dust! It started to track me running while I was sleeping... I don't run while I'm awake! After my 7 hour run it just cycled through all the screens and wouldn't hold a charge. It was time for a new one anyway, and I got pretty bands that dress it up too. 

Hi All, I'd like to join!!  We have a cruise of a lifetime to the Baltic coming up in late July and my goal is to lose 40 lbs prior to the cruise.  I joined a Medical Weight Loss clinic by our house a couple of weeks ago and am already down 8 lbs, so I have 32 to go.   I weigh in every Wed morning at the clinic so I'll post that weight on Thursdays.  I'm trying not to weigh myself in between so I don't stress over it and just try to eat as they have directed me.  The plan is a keto plan but some common keto items are not recommended on the diet and they are having me weigh everything to be sure the portion size it right.   I'm determined to make it work so having an additional forum to help me be accountable would be great!  Happy week everyone!

• Like 2

Hello All..Super Bowl Sunday...You watching?..Snacking?...Drinking?....Good Snacks?...Bad?

Have Fun but be Careful.

Diana....Nice loss. 5 lbs since Dec. Good!

Robin....Your doing great on inches lost.

Jan....Just a blip. You can do it.

Jenny....Good Luck on giving up the foods you want. Happy you have a new guy in your life but yes hard on the diet.

Pac....It's always good when you don't have a gain.

Like...Some weeks are harder than others. You'll get it off..

Mel....Good Loss. Bon Voyage!

Cheri....Same as I said before. Some weeks better than others You'll get it off.

Jen....Glad your foot is better and stayed the same. You married a smart man..he likes my poems:classic_laugh:

ForMy....Welcome. Glad this forum can help along with your clinic help. Good loss so far.

Everyone have a good Sunday and the three days before weigh-in.

• Like 1

Typing as I have my warm water with lemon. Yesterday was a busy day. I was up with a headache and then I had to go to the gym and then one nephew’s lacrosse game another nephews basketball game and then I also got the privilege of refereeing (babysitting) them last night. 

After the gym I had a half a sweet potato and steamed and mashed with cinnamon. Then I had some baby carrots and hummus. For dinner I had a broccoli soup and some shredded chicken that I had put in the crockpot and some cauliflower mash. I also had a GoodPop popsicle. Calories burned at gym 571 calories eaten 1362 net calories 791.

• Like 1

Thanks @Belle! Made it through Super Bowl Sunday without cheating! Gym and a mani/pedi were the only things on my agenda. Calories burned in the gym - 764 Calories consumed - 1,175 Net Calories - 411 LOL super crazy. Not craving any of my no no foods. Packed all my goodies for today! Salad, carrots/cucumber and hummus, some Shirataki with shredded chicken breast and the vegan/gluten free sauce. I also made 3/4c pumpkin with pumpkin pie spice (no sugar), 1 packet of stevia and 1oz of shredded cocunut. If I start craving sweets I'll heat that up! I just have to get through today and tomorrow LOL Didn't weight myself yesterday or today....

Edited by JennyB1977
  • Like 1

We have no food left in the fridge since we're leaving tomorrow. We've been eating out the last couple nights - who wants to buy food and cook two days before vacation? I can't say I have been good, but I had a salad for lunch today. Hubby's supposed to pick up something healthy for dinner tonight. We don't sail until Friday, but the weather in north Texas is supposed to get pretty miserable in the next couple days. So we moved up the trip. There's going to be a lot of eating out this week, and I need to try to save my calories for the cruise!

• Like 2