VERY long Seaside Review: 1/18/20 sailing, YC, with YC Pool Cabana review and a stop at Ocean Cay :)

eastoftheboston

27 minutes ago, js said:

There is not a minimum age on the YC.  Although my children are adults, I have booked in the Haven on NCL without giving it a thought since we do parent and if they were getting too loud or misbehaving, we took them out of that situation.  If you can book the YC, you should.  If you can expose your children to all different experiences, why shouldn't you if you are following the rules?

We have more than provided different experiences for her.  At 9 years old our daughter has established her own Diamond status on Royal Caribbean (before she turned 6), traveled the world (last 3 summers spent in Europe for 1 month each).  She has flown business classes on flights, but that was for at max 10 hours. 

Everyone I have met on MSC over the years likes YC for the peace and relaxation.  Although we do parent, instill manners and follow rules, but she is still a child.  So during a weeklong cruise something is bound to happen and frankly, I prefer not to subject those who booked YC to it.  🙂  Just a personal thing for me.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, lifeasme123 said:

We have more than provided different experiences for her.  At 9 years old our daughter has established her own Diamond status on Royal Caribbean (before she turned 6), traveled the world (last 3 summers spent in Europe for 1 month each).  She has flown business classes on flights, but that was for at max 10 hours. 

Everyone I have met on MSC over the years likes YC for the peace and relaxation.  Although we do parent, instill manners and follow rules, but she is still a child.  So during a weeklong cruise something is bound to happen and frankly, I prefer not to subject those who booked YC to it.  🙂  Just a personal thing for me.

Sounds good and better for me LOL

Enjoy!

8 hours ago, js said:

There is not a minimum age on the YC.  Although my children are adults, I have booked in the Haven on NCL without giving it a thought since we do parent and if they were getting too loud or misbehaving, we took them out of that situation.  If you can book the YC, you should.  If you can expose your children to all different experiences, why shouldn't you if you are following the rules?

I am not familiar with Mera but if that cabin is next door to the YC lounge, I think it is a fabulous location. I can tell you on the Seaside, no one ever used that door, I'm not sure if the people on my side of the hall knew that is where it let and I didn't mention to anyone LOL

Well, perhaps I should switch cabins!  Thank you.

10 hours ago, deanman02 said:

Thank you for a great review!  Did I understand correctly that you can order bar drinks by pushing a button at your table in the buffet?  Or, is that a YC perk?

Those are on tables in the buffet for anyone.

• Like 1

"The day we were on Ocean Cay, every cabana except one was rented, at least they all had the reserved signs on them. The one furthest from the YC restaurant was the only one that didn't have a reserved sign on it and was clearly being used by the staff to stash stuff during the day LOL. All the others were reserved, but they weren't all actually being used, not sure why people weren't in them after they paid for them, but they were set up to be used."

Maybe the reserved sign was there so no one used them that had not paid for them.  Maybe they were available (unbooked).  Seems crazy that someone would have paid for the cabana and not used it.

On 2/1/2020 at 1:28 PM, grandgeezer said:

We sailed on the Allure, in a Grand Suite, and would still choose the YC experience over any other option.

We did the same and second your experience.  The Grand Suite was amazing.  The room steward was ok and the dining room service was great on the Allure.  However, the butler service in YC on Divina, the pool experience and the Top Sail Lounge put MSC way over RCCL.   It was heavenly to avoid the towel game...instead...huge towels and a vast array of loungers were always available.  Truly, MSC has created a sailing paradise.