Restaurants - Miami

coolio111

Looking for all types of restaurant recommendations in Miami, Brickell and South Beach.

Need breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Will be there for 3 days before the cruise and would like something that is not a chain.

Not looking for a steakhouse. Would like Cuban, seafood, etc.

Thanks

I would also appreciate to see personal reviews here.  Have seen a few mixed in since they were located near certain hotels but why not topics specifically about restaurants recommended near POM, MIA, FLL, Port Everglades since many flying travelers arrive at one airport and cruise out of the other city?

Garcia’s for seafood is great. It’s located on the Miami River in Miami. Fishing boats drop off the fish at the dock right behind the restaurant. Excellent seafood in a casual setting. Versailles Restaurant In Little Havana has great Cuban Food. Always busy and always filled with locals and tourists. Love there soups and the Classic Ropa Vieja melts in your mouth. La Carretta in Little Havana also has wonderful Cuban food. Perricones is an excellent Italian Restaurant too. It moved from its original location and I haven’t gone to the new location yet. Old school Italian fare and worth the trip.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlueHerons said:

Garcias

Casablanca

Sea Spice

River Oyster

American Social

Yardbird

Havana 1957

Casa Tua

Macchialina

Michaels Genuine

Ortanique

Komodo

Plant Miami

Smith & Wollensky

Prime 112

Joes Stone Crab

Tigertail + Mary

Wynwood Kitchen

Thanks for the extensive list you’ve provided.  I’ve looked into 2 of these the past few days.  Havana 1957 looks like a great introduction into Cuban food.  Yardbird looks very interesting for Southern Cuisine but I still think the price is way over the top.  Will definitely look into the others.  Thanks

1 minute ago, soonernstlouis said:

Thanks for the extensive list you’ve provided.  I’ve looked into 2 of these the past few days.  Havana 1957 looks like a great introduction into Cuban food.  Yardbird looks very interesting for Southern Cuisine but I still think the price is way over the top.  Will definitely look into the others.  Thanks

You'll find pretty quickly that Miami is Midtown Manhattan expensive. Even dinner for two at Havana 1957 with one mojito each and an appetizer will be over $100 for two.

FWIW, eating Cuban in Miami is like eating Italian in Italy.  It's everywhere and it is authentic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlueHerons said:

You'll find pretty quickly that Miami is Midtown Manhattan expensive. Even dinner for two at Havana 1957 with one mojito each and an appetizer will be over $100 for two.

FWIW, eating Cuban in Miami is like eating Italian in Italy.  It's everywhere and it is authentic.

Thanks for the feedback.  I’ve only cruised out of Canaveral and San Juan so was not expecting hotel and food to be this high.  Working on mitigating the hotel costs.  Not

sure what to do about reasonably priced food when I show my wife pics before discussing how we keep things in budget!

Sparky's Roadside Barbecue on 1st Street downtown Miami - a quirky looking little restaurant with amazing barbecue!  Hubby loves their ribs, while I'm practically salivating thinking of their brisket sandwich.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Sparky's Roadside Barbecue on 1st Street downtown Miami - a quirky looking little restaurant with amazing barbecue!  Hubby loves their ribs, while I'm practically salivating thinking of their brisket sandwich.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

I was just going to say that! I always hit Sparkey’s when I’m in Miami!

• Like 1

ask the front desk of the hotel where they go for lunch/dinner ......

this way you'll find the little places with good food and not big prices. There's a lil mom and pop Cuban place the staff loves near EVERY hotel in Miami ... most do breakfast too.

La C' has multiple locations around town .. one very near Versailles in fact ... just down the block. Personally I think their food is better but it doesn't have the 'rep' of V's.  La C' has a more family place vibe.  You might want to compare menu and prices.

Edited by Capt_BJ

On 2/2/2020 at 12:43 PM, Corby114 said:

Garcia’s for seafood is great. It’s located on the Miami River in Miami. Fishing boats drop off the fish at the dock right behind the restaurant. Excellent seafood in a casual setting. Versailles Restaurant In Little Havana has great Cuban Food. Always busy and always filled with locals and tourists. Love there soups and the Classic Ropa Vieja melts in your mouth. La Carretta in Little Havana also has wonderful Cuban food. Perricones is an excellent Italian Restaurant too. It moved from its original location and I haven’t gone to the new location yet. Old school Italian fare and worth the trip.

Unfortunately, the new location for Perricone's hasn't opened yet even though it's been about a year since they closed the original location.  They do have a kitchen here in Brickell open so they can deliver food and they still cater.

Edited by Host CJSKIDS

On 2/4/2020 at 12:45 PM, soonernstlouis said:

Blue Heron's has provided a great list.  

Latin Cafe 2000 in Brickell is also a great introduction to Cuban Food and is extremely reasonably priced, especially for the Brickell area.