Musical Six

RoyalFan2011

I generally cruise with Royal Caribbean, but am seriously considering a NCL.  My daughter and I love the musical Six and would love to see it on a cruise.  How does entertainment work on NCL?  Can people see shows some than once?  Do you need reservations?  How many times is a production performed in a week?  Are there ever chances to meet the cast?  If you are in a certain type of cabin, does it help to get seats?  Thanks in advance for your help. 

34 minutes ago, RoyalFan2011 said:

How does entertainment work on NCL?

Pretty much the same as Royal

Can people see shows some than once?

Sure, if there are seats available.  I would suggest a reservation for one show and utilize the standby to allow others a chance to see the shows.  But that's just me, you can do whatever you want.

Do you need reservations?

On the bigger ships, you want to do them.  The Breakaway and Breakaway+ class ships have only 900-seat theaters (approximately) and sail with 4,000+ people.

35 minutes ago, RoyalFan2011 said:

How many times is a production performed in a week?

Generally 4 per show per 7-day cruise.  2 nights, early and late showing each night for the main theater shows.

36 minutes ago, RoyalFan2011 said:

If you are in a certain type of cabin, does it help to get seats?

Only the Haven.

36 minutes ago, RoyalFan2011 said:

Are there ever chances to meet the cast?

Not sure, though I ran into the Prohibition cast outside the MDR on the Bliss one night on my October cruise last year.

I really enjoyed Six on the Bliss, definitely a worthwhile replacement for "Havana!" that was on the ship for my April trip.

It is being offered on 4 days on the 21 day Panama Canal cruise.

If you book a head of time the computer may allow only one reservation. Standbys especially the late show should be available.

On a seven day sailing, each main theater show runs 4 times, twice on two separate nights. So it is possible to see it multiple times. You will definitely want to make reservations. There is a stand-by line if you don't have reservations, but there are no guarantees you will get in. When I was on the Bliss in December, they did have cast "hanging out" at the entrances after the show to meet the audience. Also, the cast are all sailing the full week and you will often see them out and about on the ship (though obviously not in their costumes and makeup). As for the show itself, I really enjoyed it, but my SO did not. He thought it was "too much", I guess meaning too fast paced, high energy, and a lot going on?

My daughter also loves Six and we are so excited to see it on Breakaway this summer... probably all 4 times if she has her way 😂  You are likely to see the cast onboard getting food, etc as they’re allowed to eat in the passenger areas.  There’s a fan IG account @cruisesix that posts pics and regrams pictures of the stars if your daughter wants to follow the actresses... may be a way for her to contact them beforehand and see if she can meet them!

As a musical theater fan and a vocal music teacher, I thoroughly enjoyed SIX! It is high energy with catchy songs and it's really funny, too! The instrumentalists are on stage, also, and are very talented. I don't need spectacular sets, but I do appreciate great voices. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

• Like 1

This is my first time with NCL, and like you, I usually cruise with RC or Celebrity.  Here is what I've figured out so far:

1.) Tickets sell out fast, so it's best to reserve them ahead of time.  You can book them about 90 days out to your sailing.

2.) Tickets are free and will be stored on your Sail And Sign card.

3.) Tickets can be reserved on the app.

4.) As far as I know, you can book multiple showings.  Seeing as "Six" and "Jersey Boys" are both new to me, I only booked each show once.

On 2/3/2020 at 8:31 AM, JamieLogical said:

On a seven day sailing, each main theater show runs 4 times, twice on two separate nights. So it is possible to see it multiple times. You will definitely want to make reservations. There is a stand-by line if you don't have reservations, but there are no guarantees you will get in. When I was on the Bliss in December, they did have cast "hanging out" at the entrances after the show to meet the audience. Also, the cast are all sailing the full week and you will often see them out and about on the ship (though obviously not in their costumes and makeup). As for the show itself, I really enjoyed it, but my SO did not. He thought it was "too much", I guess meaning too fast paced, high energy, and a lot going on?

on the breakaway, i only recognized 1 of the singers when they are out and about on the ship and only because of her short hairstyle.

i could have bumped into the other 5 and not know who they were.

case in point:

there was an Entertainment Q&A (much like the Sr Officer's Q&A) with 4 entertainers. if the cruise director didnt say that she was a cast member of Six, i wouldn't have guessed. (the other 3 were 2 guest performers and the male singer from Velvet.)

My family sailed Bliss and absolutely loved Six. loved it.

My husband and 2 teen boys liked it better than any show they’ve seen on any ship.  I thought Jersey boys was great but they didn’t love it like they loved Six