January 31, 2020 Silhouette Roll Call

I just checked and Roll Calls from cruises earlier in 2019 that we were on are still on CC and I could post if I chose.  I don’t think the Roll Calls are locked after a sailing they just seem to get fewer and fewer posts after the cruise until they go dormant. 

2 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

The Roll Call for this sailing would like to continue, does anyone know if CC will allow this Roll Call to continue indefinitely?  Maybe an Admin can join us on the Roll Call and help us.

Roll Call threads are archived after a while and locked. They are available for posting until that happens.

Note there are 34 pages of threads in the Celebrity Silhouette Roll Call forum at this time.  A few of the last pages have archived threads.

1 hour ago, Host Kat said:

Roll Call threads are archived after a while and locked. They are available for posting until that happens.

Note there are 34 pages of threads in the Celebrity Silhouette Roll Call forum at this time.  A few of the last pages have archived threads.

After awhile, is there an option to move it to the Float Away lounge?  If so, how does that happen?

53 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

After awhile, is there an option to move it to the Float Away lounge?  If so, how does that happen?

Instead of the Floataway Lounge, I suggest you consider Friends of Cruise Critic

From  Would You Like Your Very Own Forum Here on Cruise Critic?: 

So, you've been hanging out on Cruise Critic for a very long time, right?

And you've made lots and lots of friends -- maybe you've even cruised with them a number of times?

Are you currently chatting with them all in an OLD ROLL CALL THREAD?

Do you all hang out in one spot on Floataway Lounge? Have you found a group of people who LOVE cruising and are like you in so many other ways as well? Are you all from Pennsylvania or Ohio? Do you all like cheese?

Is it becoming VERY hard to follow conversations because your thread is huge, and many people are talking about different things often at the same time?

Then, a "Friends of Cruise Critic Forum" might be just the solution!

Who is Eligible for a Friends of Cruise Critic Forum?

Any non-commercial group of Cruise Critic friends may request a forum of their own. (Please no group cruises booked through any agency).

How Do I Request a Special Forum?

Simply send an email to LauraS at community@cruisecritic.com. Please have one person per group write at the onset; this person will become the contact for the group.

Do Posts in Friends Of Forums count towards Total Post Counts?

Yes, they do! (Unlike posts in Floataway Lounge).

What Happens to Our Existing Thread in Floataway Lounge or the ROLL CALL forum?

We'll be happy to move your existing thread to the new forum. An added benefit is that posts from Floataway will be added to everyone's existing post count.

Are Friends of Forums visible to Non-Members?

No, the post subjects and content is only visible to registered Cruise Critic members.

Anything else we need to know?

Since Cruise Critic is all about friendships and inclusion, all "Friends of" forums should be open to all Cruise Critic members. Cruise Critic's Community Guidelines will apply, with the exception of "off - topic" discussions, of course.

Laura

If you are interested, please send your email from your Cruise Critic email address of record and be sure to mention your user name.

With your own forum, you would be able to have different threads for different topics.

Edited by Host Kat
Additional information.