Bermuda cruises

realnurse2

DH and I were able to visit on Zuiderdam's eastbound Transatlantic cruise last April/May.  It was our first visit there and we were really impressed.  We would love to cruise to Bermuda again sometime.

The Bermuda run from Boston to Bermuda was an annual cruise for us.  The Veendam was perfect for docking in downtown Hamilton, and we hoped it would return in 2020.  It was a very relaxing cruise in a beautiful area and we miss it. 😪

• Like 3

Our first cruise was on the Veendam, Boston to Hamilton.  We booked Carnival, Baltimore to the Dockyard, for April 2021.  The price is right and the stockholder credit applies. 

NCL still goes from Boston to the Dockyard, but at about twice the cost of the Carnival Cruise.  

We'd love to go Boston to Bermuda on HAL, but.................

I always wanted to sail Veendam to Bermuda but we never made it.  Living in PA, it is just so much easier to sail from Cape Liberty on Celebrity, done that twice.  But even Celebrity has been cutting back it's Bermuda sailings.  Not many 7 day ones any more, now often alternating with New England/Canada sailings.

We are booked on the Summit in June.  10 day cruise including Newport, Charleston (2 days) and Bermuda (3 days, but first day is late arrival).  Of course, the Summit is too large to dock in Hamilton so it's stuck out at the dockyards.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StartrainDD said:

I always wanted to sail Veendam to Bermuda but we never made it.  Living in PA, it is just so much easier to sail from Cape Liberty on Celebrity, done that twice.  But even Celebrity has been cutting back it's Bermuda sailings.  Not many 7 day ones any more, now often alternating with New England/Canada sailings.

We are booked on the Summit in June.  10 day cruise including Newport, Charleston (2 days) and Bermuda (3 days, but first day is late arrival).  Of course, the Summit is too large to dock in Hamilton so it's stuck out at the dockyards.

We planned to book Summit to Bermuda in May and the 7 night cruises are gone.   I don't care to cruise to American ports I can easily drive to.  we hate NCL so no good choices.

Royal Caribbean now has a cruise that mimics the days of the Veendam sailings.  They use the Empress of the Seas to dock at Hamilton and then go around to St. George's.  4 days of bliss in Bermuda and no dockyard.  They moved this ship out of the Cuba market. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, furgoon said:

Royal Caribbean now has a cruise that mimics the days of the Veendam sailings.  They use the Empress of the Seas to dock at Hamilton and then go around to St. George's.  4 days of bliss in Bermuda and no dockyard.  They moved this ship out of the Cuba market. 

That's good.  From what port?

Looks like Veendam will be doing Europe in 2021, picking up some of Prinsendam's old routes.

NCL is still  sailing Boston to Bermuda.  I sailed with friends on Dawn,   docked  at the boatyard,  which   I Liked just fine.  A  few years later, I sailed  Veendam  , docked in Hamilton and wished we were at the  boat  yard, perhaps because I had done a number of resort hotel stays in  the past, I didn' tcare about running here or there.   Veendam  sadly disappointed  I  was so sorry all they had done to her in  many dry docks, It would have to be something really wonderful for me to think of sailing in her again.  For free?? 'maybe'....   maybe not. 

Edited by sail7seas

16 hours ago, furgoon said:

It took a while to find this on the Royal Caribbean website,  but it is a good deal.  Similar price to the Carnival booking we have but docking in both Hamilton and then St. George's is intriguing.  Thanks for posting this.

15 hours ago, sail7seas said:

NCL is still  sailing Boston to Bermuda.  I sailed with friends on Dawn,   docked  at the boatyard,  which   I Liked just fine.  A  few years later, I sailed  Veendam  , docked in Hamilton and wished we were at the  boat  yard, perhaps because I had done a number of resort hotel stays in  the past, I didn' tcare about running here or there.   Veendam  sadly disappointed  I  was so sorry all they had done to her in  many dry docks, It would have to be something really wonderful for me to think of sailing in her again.  For free?? 'maybe'....   maybe not. 

Funny, that's how I feel about NCL.

My first two cruises were HAL to Bermuda out of NYC many years ago. I sailed to Bermuda the first year Veendam did the Bermuda itinerary. It was sold as St Georges and Hamilton, but after they messed up the aft, she couldn't get into St Georges and it became a tender port. Even so, we had a lovely day in St Georges. And I like the central position of Hamilton. Easy to get a bus or ferry. 

4 hours ago, BRWolf said:

It took a while to find this on the Royal Caribbean website,  but it is a good deal. 

[/quote]

Sailing From where  and disembarking where?     how many days is the cruise?

Similar price to the Carnival booking we have but docking in both Hamilton and then St. George's is intriguing.  Thanks for posting this.

It is hard for me to  admit  but NCL, Dawn, exceeded my expectations.    I liked  the ship Dawn, far more  than what Veendam now is.    We sailed Veendam all the way back to her

Inaugural season and she used to be a lovely ship but that was 'then.'     We encountered the  worst service ever on a  HAL ship which did not help matters much.