Coco Beach club day pass is $199?!

lisa6191

Yep, I told my group to buy the passes at $79 before it opened because I really thought this would happen or they would be sold out.  Two of us did do that, while the others paid $99 the next day after we booked.  Looked the day they announced the Coco Beach Club would be open and the price skyrocketed to $199.  Holy cow!  So glad we booked early.

14 minutes ago, TinoIG said:

My apologies - I should of worded this better. There are NO additional perks but yet the price went from $40-$65pp to $199pp so we thought maybe that was why ... surely they must of added more to make it that much more expensive... but it’s no different ... they’ve just raised the price. Which is why we will not be booking the club. But it looks lovely. 

Gotcha.... And I totally agree -- just not where I prioritize my spending.

It's just like anything else -- they'll charge what the market will bear.  Cabanas on Labadee used to be $250 and now they're $600 or more, and they're still sold out every cruise.  

Some people cruise less often and go "all in" on extras and luxuries.  Others cruise more often and have a more frugal mindset.  Still others are somewhere in between.  

While some people complain about "nickel and diming" for extras, I personally prefer this method of pricing -- the people who want it can pay for it, and people who don't want it don't have to pay for it. 

I don't need a fancy big suite, or specialty dining, or access to a special lounge, or a booze package... but I don't begrudge those who do enjoy those things.  As long as my basic cruise fare includes my stateroom, the MDR, and the pool deck, I've got everything I need for a successful cruise vacation!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Just an FYI.  Pricing for the Beach Club was all over the board before our recent Mariner cruise.  We were at Coco Cay yesterday (9/19/21) and some walkups thought about buying it on the spot.  They were quoted a price of $99 per person, and promptly left as it would have been nearly $400 for their party of four.  

1 hour ago, lazydayz said:

Just an FYI.  Pricing for the Beach Club was all over the board before our recent Mariner cruise.  We were at Coco Cay yesterday (9/19/21) and some walkups thought about buying it on the spot.  They were quoted a price of $99 per person, and promptly left as it would have been nearly $400 for their party of four.  

That's really interesting, thanks. 

We recently booked it for our upcoming Oasis cruise in October.  It was $178.99/per person... during the Labor Day sale (yikes!)  Wife really wants to try it once, I begrudgingly went along with it.  Now thinking about cancelling, if we can get it cheaper on the ship or even *at* Coco Cay.

On 2/5/2020 at 6:29 PM, 9olivia said:

Our Oasis cruise in June cabanas are at 2000. I would seriously consider them at 1200, considering there are 7 of us and the regular admission is 199 now. Have you seen the price change at all for yours? I wonder if they will go down as it  gets closer. 

The overwater ones are stuck at 1699 for our Symphony cruise this Saturday. Beach Club lowest land cabana price was 599; it's back up to 699.

My price for the Harmony for next July is $178.99 pp.  I think that’s awful plus there are 9 in my party but I read that you can pay $50 to add an extra person.  You’d think for $1431.92 they wouldn’t charge for the 10 year old in our group but I guess Royal is trying to catch back after all this time of no sailing.

6 minutes ago, Nabalab said:

That's really interesting, thanks. 

We recently booked it for our upcoming Oasis cruise in October.  It was $178.99/per person... during the Labor Day sale (yikes!)  Wife really wants to try it once, I begrudgingly went along with it.  Now thinking about cancelling, if we can get it cheaper on the ship or even *at* Coco Cay.

But the problem with that is you never know.  While there were two ships at Coco Cay yesterday, the reports were that only 1375 guests on Mariner and 1200 on Freedom.  So combined, fewer people than would typically be on the Mariner, pre-pandemic.  I will say the Beach Club had a lot of people, and that made for great energy.  I also liked that the host from Chops called on Saturday, to confirm our lunch reservation at the Beach Club on Sunday.  All hubby and I agreed that meal was the best of our cruise, and we only ate in specialty restaurants on the ship.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

We were there last weekend with the Allure and Freedom in port. There were 200 day passes and most of the cabanas were occupied. The day pass was being sold onboard for $199. The pre-cruise prices were $166 most of the time with a dip to $160 close to departure. 

The $99 was quoted by the person at the front of the Beach Club.  Don't know what the onboard price was.