Princess cancels next two Sapphire Princess sailings

dns65

Martin Jenkins - you might be right with several recent unexpected port bookings in Australia for winter 2020.

Sapphire Princess is berthed head out at Sembawang & this indicates she will not be entering the drydock which is behind her.

The April drydock will go ahead as booked as the yard would be booked out with large vessels coming in for repairs & survey.

Most likely Sapphire is getting a commercial deep cleaning or other work we know nothing about.

11 hours ago, martin jenkins said:

probably send it back down to australia.

Yes, Sapphire Princess is scheduled for Australian cruising. We are booked on Sapphire for 33 days in November/December. A B2B2B - 6 days, 13 days, and 14 days - Southern Australia/New Zealand/Queensland. We don't anticipate any issues from the current problem.

Just had confirmation the March 1st Cruise on Sapphire Princess is cancelled. I'm glad we have been given reasonable notice. Such a sad time for everyone - this affects so many people globally, whether passengers, cruise company staff, or those countries and businesses with economic ties to the cruise industry. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Vivi13 said:

Just had confirmation the March 1st Cruise on Sapphire Princess is cancelled. I'm glad we have been given reasonable notice. Such a sad time for everyone - this affects so many people globally, whether passengers, cruise company staff, or those countries and businesses with economic ties to the cruise industry. 

Yes I got my email too. So sad for everyone.

All Sapphire cruises up to June 11 have been canceled. Details on the Princess webpage.  They are asking pax to NOT call, but will relay info via Cruise Personalizer and email.  Full refunds plus some FCC to be issued.

So sorry for all those who have had to change plans, but kudos to Princess for being upfront on this in light of the situation as it has evolved on the Diamond.

• Like 1

News on Toronto radio this morning.  Approx 225 Canadians on Diamond who do not have symptoms to be brought home Via government charter flight and isolated for 14 days.  Those with symptoms to be treated in Japan.  Sounds like it could be soon but I didn't hear an actual ETA.

• 3 weeks later...

I just want to post that I was in Singapore when they canceled my Feb. 13 cruise. We simply booked a week in Thailand instead kept our original flights, which ended up being essentially free since they were booked through Princess Air. No virus issues.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...