Evolution class

zqtchas

• 9 months later...

I was happy to learn yesterday that Silversea plans to unveil details about the first new Evolution class ship sometime in 2021, either in the spring or fall when the new itineraries are released.  My bet is it will be the fall due to so many other competing priorities between now and this coming spring.  Although originally scheduled to launch in 2022 , it sure sounded like the ship will not enter the fleet until 2023 at this time.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, twangster said:

https://www.meyerwerft.de/en/ships/n.n._–_delivery_in_2022.jsp

Being constructed in hall 5 at their Papenburg site.  This is where Royal Caribbean's Odyssey of the Seas is nearing completion.  

600 passengers

https://www.meyerwerft.de/en/ships/n.n._–_delivery_in_2023.jsp

Meyer Werft has two indoor construction halls for cruise ships.

Hall 5 is for building smaller ships. In recent years there were Spirit of Discovery and Spirit of Adventure of the (British) Saga Cruises.

Hall 6 is for the larger ships including those of RCI, NCL, AIDA, Disney, P&O, etc.

8 hours ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

Meyer Werft has two indoor construction halls for cruise ships.

Hall 5 is for building smaller ships. In recent years there were Spirit of Discovery and Spirit of Adventure of the (British) Saga Cruises.

Hall 6 is for the larger ships including those of RCI, NCL, AIDA, Disney, P&O, etc.

Odyssey has been floated out of hall 6 and is now moored parallel to hall 5.  Some of the blocks and parts seen around her and nearby areas of the shipyard could soon be parts of the first evolution class ship.

1 hour ago, zqtchas said:

Am I seeing this correctly? It will have 600 passengers on a smaller ship than the Spirit which is carrying the same number of passengers?

Not clear.  SEC filings are in the mid-500s (i.e. 550).  The shipyard may have rounded up in their marketing.  Dawn is also in SEC filings at 550 but roughly ~2,000 GT less than Evolution class supposedly.

It's something to keep an eye on because the RCG way is to squeeze a few more cabins in here and there.