Extended veranda

marylovestotravel

10 minutes ago, marylovestotravel said:

I know this topic has been covered, but I can't find the answers!

Can you request loungers for an extended veranda? Do you have your travel agent request this, or can you do this once onboard?

Thanks for your help,

Mia

If you mean the B3 extended verandas on Marina and Riviera, then they already have loungers (plus 2 chairs and a small table). No need to request them.

20 minutes ago, marylovestotravel said:

I know this topic has been covered, but I can't find the answers!

Can you request loungers for an extended veranda? Do you have your travel agent request this, or can you do this once onboard?

Thanks for your help,

Mia

Depending on "who's running the show" onboard, the loungers may already be there when you arrive. But, having your TA call ahead on any special request is always a good idea.

4 hours ago, marylovestotravel said:

Thanks, reassuring that they will provide, but best to have my TA do a request just in case. 

Mia

True enough, and a nice tip for the Cabin attendants who wind up shifting those loungers around, would not be amiss.  🥰

4 minutes ago, Mrs f. said:

We had extended veranda on our Nautica cruise. Regular chairs. Asked our concierge for the long loungers. Got them later that day.

Most references to "extended balconies" on Oceania refer to the B3 ones on Marina and Riviera. They represent an added perk at no additional charge. On Nautica (and other R ships), there are no B3 cabins (with or without extended balconies).

32 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Most references to "extended balconies" on Oceania refer to the B3 ones on Marina and Riviera. They represent an added perk at no additional charge. On Nautica (and other R ships), there are no B3 cabins (with or without extended balconies).

@Mrs f. is probably referring to the forward and aft A1 or A2 cabins with extended balconies on R ships. There are only ten of them so don't tell anyone. :classic_laugh:

5 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Not true. It's a decision/practice that can vary by ship's master, general manager, and itinerary. We've had it both ways.

+1

Those verandas also act as emergency fire exits.  

Some Masters are stricter about that type of thing.

On 2/12/2020 at 5:10 PM, marylovestotravel said:

Thanks, reassuring that they will provide, but best to have my TA do a request just in case. 

Mia

Mia,

I hope I'm remembering correctly but think you're on Regatta in March and I'm on in April. When we did an aft A2 on Sirena in Tahiti last time, we asked our cabin steward for loungers and in a few hours there they were. Saw the steward and assistant bringing them down the hallway and it was no small feat. So we tipped them nicely.

Nancy

1 hour ago, Petoonya said:

Mia,

I hope I'm remembering correctly but think you're on Regatta in March and I'm on in April. When we did an aft A2 on Sirena in Tahiti last time, we asked our cabin steward for loungers and in a few hours there they were. Saw the steward and assistant bringing them down the hallway and it was no small feat. So we tipped them nicely.

Nancy

Hi Nancy,

No, we are on the Marina; Lima to Buenos Aires via Cape Horn. Have been wanting to do this itinerary for years! We booked early enough that we managed to snag #8000 with a forward view, and I think, an extended balcony.  I just hope the seas won't be too rough. 😳😳

Mia

8 minutes ago, marylovestotravel said:

Hi Nancy,

No, we are on the Marina; Lima to Buenos Aires via Cape Horn. Have been wanting to do this itinerary for years! We booked early enough that we managed to snag #8000 with a forward view, and I think, an extended balcony.  I just hope the seas won't be too rough. 😳😳

Mia

Sounds fabulous Mia.

We find rough seas just means softer demand at specialty restaurants and happy dancing for us 😉

Have a wonderful cruise.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, marylovestotravel said:

Buenos Aires

I hope you're going to spend a few days in BA. It's a wonderful city. And the food is crazy good. And sad that their economy is in such bad shape but sure makes a good buy for us. We could have a gorgeous Argentinian steak, house made pasta, dessert and a bottle of wine...for $30!

1 hour ago, clo said:

I hope you're going to spend a few days in BA. It's a wonderful city. And the food is crazy good. And sad that their economy is in such bad shape but sure makes a good buy for us. We could have a gorgeous Argentinian steak, house made pasta, dessert and a bottle of wine...for $30!

We're looking forward to it. Buenos Aires seems such an interesting city. Any recommendations?

Mia

12 hours ago, EasyGoingGuy said:

StanandJim... I've been on the B3 verandas a couple of times and just wondering how (7115 for instance) they would act as an emergency fire exit. Just wondering how it would work. Thanks.

I know what you are asking, but as long as there is a means of egress to outside, even if there is nowhere else to go , it counts as a fire exit.