postponing a cruise due to hospice for loved one

jfaaborg

Hello - I have a cruise set for this Sunday. My father is in hospice, and is not expected to make it past Monday. Does anybody know what the chances are Carnival will allow me to postpone my cruise? I obc (cruise cash) , gratuities, and wifi already paid. 

1 hour ago, jfaaborg said:

. Does anybody know what the chances are Carnival will allow me to postpone my cruise?

Slim chances.

Is it possible? If you get the right person on the right day but no one knows who that right person is.

Otherwise, this should be a covered reason with your travel insurance.

First off, I know how hard it is to have a loved one in hospice.  My mom was in for 5 days, and passed away Oct. 19.  Hospice workers were wonderful to her, and to us.  Prayers out to you and your family.  Yes, you will get port taxes, grats, wifi, cruise cash back.  It sounds like you did not purchase travel insurance.  Call Carnival, explain the situation.  Maybe you will actually get someone "with a heart" who will make an exception for you.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, pe4all said:

First off, I know how hard it is to have a loved one in hospice.  My mom was in for 5 days, and passed away Oct. 19.  Hospice workers were wonderful to her, and to us.  Prayers out to you and your family.  Yes, you will get port taxes, grats, wifi, cruise cash back.  It sounds like you did not purchase travel insurance.  Call Carnival, explain the situation.  Maybe you will actually get someone "with a heart" who will make an exception for you.  

yes, we didn't get the insurance this time. Lesson learned there, buying it for my next cruises.  Thank you all for your condolences. 

• Like 1

Call, be nice and see what happens.  We had a cruise booked that we ended up postponing for about 18 months.  We explained the situation & our PVP had to go to his supervisor.  We had booked early saver, so were fully expecting to have to at least pay the $50pp change fee.  They had mercy on us & did not charge the fee.  Our situation was that my daughter found out she was pregnant.  While she was still early enough along to sail, her doctor did not want her to go to the Caribbean due to Zika virus concerns.  We were extremely grateful, since there were 7 people booked.