Worried About the Worst

CodyMiles1994

I used to have bad anxiety, sometimes it can still peek it's head. However, I have largely overcome it, so I don't have as much sympathy unfortunately. Nor do I ever really, to be honest. We have to be the solve of our own problems most of the time. I taught myself it is no way to live your life feeling worried, scared, or isolated because of doom and gloom scenarios. Most of which is unfounded. Getting out an enjoying all that life has to offer for our short lives is what is most important. It's like those who refuse to fly because they are scared. Scared of what? Being statistically FAR less likely to get in a plane crash than a fatal car crash? Or did you psyche yourself up about the worst-case scenario? You will miss out on so much of life because of that.

I know everyone can't be convinced of this. If you are going to be that worried, stay home.

Go to a therapist NOW....and he/she can give you some tips on how to deal with anxiety.

Ships are moving vehicles....the ship will rock; the ship may roll from side to side or rise and go down.

You may panic every time you feel motion.

Or....you may get on board and after an hour of "smooth sailing" have no problem.

I had a bad experience on NCL Dawn over 10 years ago.  I've gone on about 20 cruises since that time...I'm still alive and well... but I'd be anxious about going on the Dawn.

4 hours ago, April42749 said:

Go to a therapist NOW....and he/she can give you some tips on how to deal with anxiety.

Yup. Maybe cruising isn't for you, and staying in your city or an adjacent city to where you live and just getting a hotel for the night may be a better vacation for you.