Options for drinking water on board Jewel

Gracelyn

Hi. Just realizing our beverage package does not include bottled or cartoned water. What would the Jewel have to fill up bottles to carry around   As well are we allowed to take our full reusable water bottles off the ship?

gracelyn

Edited by Gracelyn

38 minutes ago, Gracelyn said:

Hi. Just realizing our beverage package does not include bottled or cartoned water. What would the Jewel have to fill up bottles to carry around   As well are we allowed to take our full reusable water bottles off the ship?

gracelyn

There are no fill stations for empty bottles. You can fill it from your bathroom sink or use tiny cups to get water in the buffet and fill your bottle. 

you can take full bottles off the ship, but they need to be empty to bring them back on the ship. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PortFees45 said:

Sink in your room works great. Throw a slice of lemon in it, let it chill in the fridge, and you'll think you're drinking Evian. 

Great idea!

ok. That’s a great suggestion about using water from the bathroom. I’m good with that if it’s safe!

8 hours ago, Gracelyn said:

Great idea!

ok. That’s a great suggestion about using water from the bathroom. I’m good with that if it’s safe!

All of the water on the ship comes from the same place, so no reason to think it would be more safe in the buffet than in the bathroom.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Gracelyn said:

Great idea!

As long as it is from the faucet and not the toilet there is no concern about "it it's safe."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

You can take full refillable bottles off the ship. When you come back on board, they must be empty. I just fill mine in the sink. The water in the bathroom sink is the same as the water in the buffet.

actually, I believe the water in the buffets and bars passes thru a carbon filter before serving, which could remove some chlorine taste, if that bothers you.

17 hours ago, Gracelyn said:

Great idea!

Yes, of course it's safe.  It also tastes just fine.   We always fill our water bottles from the bathroom sink in our cabin.

57 minutes ago, KarlChilders said:

actually, I believe the water in the buffets and bars passes thru a carbon filter before serving, which could remove some chlorine taste, if that bothers you.

You are correct; there's one additional filter for the water in the buffet.  (This was stated most recently to us at the M&G on the Gem last month.)  I've never tasted any chlorine in the cabin water.   

2 hours ago, gizfish said:

As long as it is from the faucet and not the toilet there is no concern about "it it's safe."

That made me laugh.

Im planning to take refillable bottles.  My younger son really drinks nothing but water, which is great...but why mow through umpteen plastic water bottles if the water is 100% good.  For him I do have a brita water bottle that we’d bring as he loves his water so want it to taste as crisp as possible for him, haha.