Silhouette Captain and Cruise Director

lifeisrealygood

Captain Peppas and CD Sue Denning, but I have read that both will be replaced, but I don’t who the replacements are. 

Post #1567 here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/2431903-whos-on-board-officers-staff-and-crew-part-2/page/63/#comments

Sue Denning will be on the March 8 th Edge all female sailing and then goes on leave, returning in May.

Edited by upwarduk

On 2/18/2020 at 12:43 AM, lifeisrealygood said:

Additionally, who is the party band and who is the dance band, if they have both?  Thank you.

We’re on Silhouette now and there is a lot of great music.  House/Party band is Nu Image, dance band is Starlighters, the ship orchestra plays most evenings before and between dinners for dancing, there is also a string duo and Lydia Cash duo singing acoustic music.  Oh and Thiago on guitar. Lots of music!  Having a great time and the ship out of dry dock is beautiful.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NewPennCruiser said:

We’re on Silhouette now and there is a lot of great music.  House/Party band is Nu Image, dance band is Starlighters, the ship orchestra plays most evenings before and between dinners for dancing, there is also a string duo and Lydia Cash duo singing acoustic music.  Oh and Thiago on guitar. Lots of music!  Having a great time and the ship out of dry dock is beautiful.

How I long to be back on the Silhouette.  We sailed on her in November just before dry dock and I loved her then so I can only imagine how she must look now.  Glad you are having a good time!

6 hours ago, NewPennCruiser said:

March 15th for us.    Great to hear you are enjoying your trip.   Please if time allows, anything you can tell us would be great  TY

15 hours ago, Mytravellove said:

Can't wait to board the Silhouette in April. Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

April for us too can't wait. 

We were on the transatlantic last October. Seems ages ago. 

David and Caroline 

14 hours ago, Hawkstar33 said:

March 15th for us.    Great to hear you are enjoying your trip.   Please if time allows, anything you can tell us would be great  TY

This is our first cruise on one of the S-Class ships so we’ve had as much fun exploring the ship as we have had in port.  We’re heading back from the ABC Islands today toward Grand Cayman so we’re just vegging out in one of the rockers in the Sky Lounge watching the world go by.   I can’t say enough good things about the ship, love that there are so many nice places to hide out in and spread out.   Service has been great and the crew seems very happy to be over with the 40+ day dry dock and delighted to be sailing with customers again.   To me it seems like there is a very happy vibe around the entire ship.  We are in Aqua Class and dining in Blu has been exceptional.

Can’t say much about changes with the dry dock as we were never on the ship but the new Craft Social space is great and very popular.  Lots of new high end beer options.  The ship also just looks new.  Really can’t say enough good things and we’re highly impressed.

On 2/20/2020 at 2:22 PM, godawgs227 said:

Any info about the theater shows would be helpful. Boarding on 3/15. Thanks

Production shows were Life, Cosmopolitan and Euphoria.  The American Ballet Theater was also on this cruise.  All shows were great (in my opinion). There were also a few comedians and a group called Uptown who did soul and Motown.  Not being frequent Celebrity cruisers the production shows were all new to us and we were blown away by the aerialists and acrobats.  The ABT was also so unique for a cruise and a must see if you have not seen them before.

I asked someone in the shop today and it appears that they do not.

I did notice latest year they were selling mask and snorkel on a rack at the excursion desk on the silhouette... that may still be the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

42 minutes ago, Gmell said:

I did notice latest year they were selling mask and snorkel on a rack at the excursion desk on the silhouette... that may still be the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good suggestion regarding the tour desk and I just wandered by the excursion desk and asked.  The guy told me they do sell snorkel gear on the Equinox but not on Silhouette.  Seemed odd to me they would sell on one ship in the Caribbean and not others but the guy next to him agreed and said the same thing.

On 2/19/2020 at 10:53 PM, Hobie1976 said:

Do you know if snorkel mask are sold on board. 
We set sail on Sunday. 

I have seen snorkel gear available for purchase at the shore excursions desk, but I don't know if that's on every cruise.