At Harvest Caye

roger001

Had no idea Harvest Caye is tendered only now.  10:45 and still calling tender tickets. Between boarding, waiting, and the ride over, going to cut down time on the Island considerably.  Lots of folks just staying on the ship. Also, Cagney's prices getting crazy.  All is far in excess of the supposed $20 maximum for the Latitude freebie.  The menu items just not worth the prices if you are paying full price.  My opinion. 

9A06A948-3268-4C8A-B9D9-6FB014B2C04C.jpeg

May I ask what ship you are on at the moment?

We will be sailing on the Pearl on Saturday and I have been looking for more recent reviews or daily's with the events but have been unable to find anything!!

If you are on the Pearl, I would appreciated any feed back or information that I should know!!!

Thanks so much!

20 minutes ago, KSSS2013 said:

The dock was damaged which is why you are tendering now.

The Platinum dinner is for $35 so most items are still included. 

When/how was the dock damaged? I didn't hear about that.  We were there in January and all was fine.

How does the tendering affect the ferry to the main land? I just booked a snorkel excursion from Placencia, and need to get there as soon as possible when we get there. Are people that booked the first ferry tendered off the ship first?

1 hour ago, kaycee17 said:

How does the tendering affect the ferry to the main land? I just booked a snorkel excursion from Placencia, and need to get there as soon as possible when we get there. Are people that booked the first ferry tendered off the ship first?

If you booked the ferry with NCL then the answer should be yes. If you did not book through NCL then you're on your own to get off. 

Another consideration is the longer time it is now taking to get onto the Caye. Before, you just walked off the ship and you were there. Now, even with an early tender, they take awhile to arrive at the ship, then time to load, plus time to travel.  It has really slowed down getting onto the Caye. 

4 hours ago, roger001 said:

Had no idea Harvest Caye is tendered only now.  10:45 and still calling tender tickets. Between boarding, waiting, and the ride over, going to cut down time on the Island considerably.  Lots of folks just staying on the ship. Also, Cagney's prices getting crazy.  All is far in excess of the supposed $20 maximum for the Latitude freebie.  The menu items just not worth the prices if you are paying full price.  My opinion. 

imageproxy.php?img=&key=6ee4bfcebcfde1cb

9A06A948-3268-4C8A-B9D9-6FB014B2C04C.jpeg

Didn't know that there was a $20. maximum on the Latitude freebie. We are booked at Le Bistro and Ocean Blue and they show these as Ala Carte - also booked at Teppanyaki which shows $39. per person. We have never had any of the "free dining" perks so weren't exactly sure how it worked.

4 minutes ago, Reepin said:

Didn't know that there was a $20. maximum on the Latitude freebie. We are booked at Le Bistro and Ocean Blue and they show these as Ala Carte - also booked at Teppanyaki which shows $39. per person. We have never had any of the "free dining" perks so weren't exactly sure how it worked.

For Platinum, it's $35 maximum for the entree, you also get an app and a dessert.

If you're using the dining plan, it's typically unlimited apps/desserts, with one entree. There are some up-charge items but they are listed on the menu.

10 hours ago, Liljo22 said:

I was on board also and according to the captain what happened was that when attempting to dock, one of the fenders on the pier broke making it impossible to complete the procedure on that side of the pier -- not a "collision".  An Oceania ship was also at HC that day and they had to tender their guest to the island.  (from Coastalbreezes)

8 hours ago, Reepin said:

There is NO msx for the Free at Sea dining package. 

There is a $35 (not $25) max on entrees for free meals for Platinum and above members. If you have not sailed >80 nights on NCL, don’t worry about this. 

We were there last week on the Getaway.  A worker there told me sometime in March.  It looked to be in good shape looking at it on the tender in...but obviously they aren't going to dock there until it's ready.  I was on the Epic last February that crashed into the moorings in San Juan.