I Am Outta Here Friday

doone

Its finally here, my cruise on the beautiful Volendam. Flying out Friday boarding her on Saturday.

I'll try to post while onboard.

Will Friday ever come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hang in there, you only have a couple more days before you leave. :)

I am sure you are going to have a wonderful time. I will look for your posts from the Volendam.

Hope you have a wonderful time....keep in touch...We were to be on the ship with you but I fell and have a BIG ANKLE problem so had to cancel the cruise...We are sad but hopefully you will keep us informed as to how the cruise is going....Sadly, Jan

Hey doone, have a great cruise ! Remember me from our Panama Canal cruise two years ago on the Rotterdam ? I drop in on this board when we have a HAL cruise planned. We are sailing on the Noordam March 15 out of NYC. Looking forward to it :)

Hoping the week will pass fast for you....... Bon Voyage !

Have a safe flight and a wonderful cruise, doone!

The next time I see the lovely and gracious Volendam will be from the decks of the Noordam ... when we're in port at St. Thomas on Feb 28. You'll have disembarked her, sadly. :)

The day you get back I'll be in New York, getting ready to board the Noordam! Wow ... that makes the wait until I'm ready to go again seem THAT MUCH SHORTER!

Again ... have GREAT cruise on a GREAT damship!

Doone.......I think you'll be really happy with the SOE changes on Volendam. I think the ship looks great.

We had a wonderful time. Even if I wanted to be really picky, I can hardly think of anything significant I'd want changed.

Travel safely and have a great time.

Bon Voyage!!!!!!

Doone,

Breathe, it's only a few more days.........Have a wonderful cruise!

I felt the same way your feeling just last month.

By the way, thanks for the info on the cabin 5187 on the Zuiderdam back when we were getting ready for our trip. You were right we absolutely loved the balcony and the room is only slightly smaller than the side S's. We actually had a small (15) CC'ers get together on it! Could have mannnny more.

Have Fun!!:)

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone, I can't wait and my family are all so excited.

Seabiscuit, I sure do remember you, I lost your e-mail address, if you still have mine, please drop me a line at some point. My computer crashed and I had to get a new one. I was able to recover some addresses, but not all and yours is one I couldn't. Hope to hear from you soon.

I hope you and your family have a marvelous cruise. We enjoyed Volendam in her original state, can only imagine how the SOE enhances the experience. By the time you have your packing done, Friday will be here. Enjoy these last few days of anticipation!

Doone - I can't tell you how absolutely wonderful it is that you're off to your cruise soon. I hope the Volendam is everything and more. I hope you have the most fantastic service, that the ports are the best ever, that the food is beyond description it's so good. Why? 'Cause I get on the Volendam when you get off!!!!! :D Seriously, we're 15 days out as I type this and both my wife and I can hardly focus on work. All we talk about is THE CRUISE!

Hope you have a great cruise!

PS - RevNeal.....should we figure out how to at least wave to one another in St Thomas???? :)

Hi doone,

I'm sorry, I too have lost your email address. I have no way of sending you a private note either. I don't know of anyway to exchange email addresses without putting it out in this public forum. From a previous thread, that is something to avoid at all costs !

I still have that snapshot of us that is wonderful of you and totally hilarious of me :eek:.

Guess you'll have to get another 10 days off work and sail on the Noordam in March so we can exchange e-mails ;)

Bon Voyage, and have a great time, good buddy.

And listen, I won't even ask that you leave the ship, well, ship-shape for when I board in July.,

There's plenty of time for everything to be fixed by then! So go ahead---whoop it up to your heart's content!

Doone, Smooth sailing. I will be on the seas with you but sailing Celebrity Infinity this time. I can feel your excitement since it is flowing in my house too. We leave Thursday to head down to Ft Lauderdale. Volendam is my next cruise so I am very excited to hear from you upon your return. Have a great trip!!!

Randyk47, Ruthc I'll take good care of the Volendam for you so she's in tip top shape for you.

Seabiscuit, here is my e-mail at home, doone1957@verizon.net I probably won't be on until I return, but would love to hear from you at some point. Enjoy the Noordam and let me tell you, if I could get the time off to sail with you and your husband, I'd be there in a heartbeat. Have a great cruise.

Thanks everyone, look for my posts from onboard the beautiful Volendam.

Doone: Have a safe flight, a nice overnight in Ft. Lauderdale and a great Cruise on the beautiful and elegant m.s. Volendam. I will be on her sister ship the Zaandam in late June.

Where are you staying in Ft. Lauderdale this time?

Himself, thanks so much.

I was unable to get a winning bid this time with priceline so we ended up at the Amerisuites in Plantation, Florida. They have the free shuttle from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the pier the next day, so that will work with my party.

Enjoy the Zaandam in June.

Wishing you a wonderful cruise and hope all runs smoothly for you. We will be boarding her as you get off!!!!!!!!How come the week before a trip goes by soooooooooooo slowing and yet while on vacation the time seems to speed past??????????Like Rany the trip is all we talk about and dream about etc. All the best in your travels!

PS - RevNeal.....should we figure out how to at least wave to one another in St Thomas????

Randyk47,

I hadn't planned on going into town while in St. Thomas ... just a trip up the sky lift to get some shots from on high, and some shopping at Havensight. If you'd like to coordinate to meet and say "hi" while we're there, that can be easily done. Will you have a cell phone with you? If so, we can exchange numbers and coordinate meeting.

Shoot me an e-mail if you'd like to try and coordinate a meeting. revneal@aol.com

Archived