Bermuda Price Drops

cruisekitty22

When the Escape was sailing to Bermuda out of NYC the last couple of years, you could get great last-minute sales early and late in the season (May or October). Now that the Encore is sailing to Bermuda out of NYC, it might be less likely to get last-minute price drops because the Encore is the new, shiny ship. So not only are you getting the high demand of NYC/Bermuda, but the high demand of he newest ship in the fleet.

• Like 2

Saw a lot of price drops over the last couple weeks on cruises in March. I am assuming this is due to the quarantined ship  in Japan making folks afraid of taking cruises.

The cruises that I am taking out of New Orleans dropped by 25% since November/December. $1800 for 2 people now in a balcony room, 7 days, with the Free at Sea and all of its charges/taxes included. Wish I had waited to book it that cheap!!!

Sept & Oct are prime hurricane weather, your 10 hours in Bermuda could end up going elsewhere for that short 4 day cruise. Prices for 4 days out of NY in April are now more reasonable, water is cold & weather can be ... Seas can be choppy.

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

When the Escape was sailing to Bermuda out of NYC the last couple of years, you could get great last-minute sales early and late in the season (May or October). Now that the Encore is sailing to Bermuda out of NYC, it might be less likely to get last-minute price drops because the Encore is the new, shiny ship. So not only are you getting the high demand of NYC/Bermuda, but the high demand of he newest ship in the fleet.

well Escape was the shiny new ship when it first came to NY for Bermuda and there were deals and there have been lots this winter in Florida so very likely there will be 

Edited by girlcruiser

My DOS on the Gem in July is about 200 less than last year and the agency threw in free DSC.  Since I booked a month ago, the price has gone down a little too, so I cancelled and rebooked.  I'm a little obsessive...I check my date and category every day up until the point of no return.

If your schedule is extremely flexible, I've seen some very low prices for NCL cruises out of NYC (including on the Escape when it was sailing out of NYC) for as low as 500-800 for a solo in an inside (no single supplement). Typically they would hit this low anywhere from 2 months to 2 days prior to sailing. If you keep your eyes peeled and have that kind of flexibility, you can get a great deal. That being said, I'm not sure if we'll see that with the Encore but I will be keeping my eyes peeled...

Edited by tomservo

Speaking of price drops, right now you can book the Encore out of NYC for a 4 day Bermuda cruise in an inside for 2 with one perk for a little over 1k. Keep an eye on it, it might drop even lower closer to sailing. If you're sailing solo they often drop the solo supplement a few days before sailing if they still have a lot of open inventory.

image.png.7f0677bf89482e960fd61b6a97bdfc00.png

Edited by tomservo

58 minutes ago, girlcruiser said:

well Escape was the shiny new ship when it first came to NY for Bermuda and there were deals and there have been lots this winter in Florida so very likely there will be 

It was new, but not the newest in the fleet. On both of my NYC to Bermuda sailings on the Escape (October 2018 and early June 2019) that I got good last-minute deals on, the Bliss was the newest ship in the fleet.

Edited by JamieLogical
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

It was new, but not the newest in the fleet. On both of my NYC to Bermuda sailings on the Escape (October 2018 and early June 2019) that I got good last-minute deals on, the Bliss was the newest ship in the fleet.

Last May I got a last minute trip for $57 a night and single supplement waived but I booked it 5 day’s out.  I went before the holiday and the kids got out of school. Keep in mind that transportation/parking can cost you a pretty penny and I did not have the time to research options.( hotels with parking and shuttles were sold out due to big concert at Meadowlands 

Will keep checking over the summer since it is actually cheaper than a week at the Jersey Shore 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cruisekitty22 said:

Does Bermuda cruises ever have price drops?  Thinking of going in September and prices always seem high even for a 4 day cruise from NY. Do they ever have a "last minute" sale?

Seems like some price fluctuations are now tied up to Coronvirus! I’m watching a Bermuda cruise out of Boston and it’s about $2,500.00 now for 2 with drinks and specialty dining room. Ocean view deck 8. Prior to going on 2/2/20 Bliss it was $800 more. So I’m going to monitor it. The more news about cruise ships and viruses are going to cause prices to fluctuate.
Although our daughter doesn’t want us to cruise again. She was very concerned with us onboard the Bliss. Seeing all the news and working in the health field.....

I wouldn't expect any price drops for Bermuda until a cruise is inside 120 days (past final payment).  At that point they have the current bookings locked in and they can start adjusting to move inventory.

Last August we did the Escape and prices dropped several times with the biggest two drops coming after 90 days out and then again with 20 days to go.  There was large inventory across the ship and VERY large Haven inventory on this cruise with less than a month to go and that prompted the fare drop.  We were able to direct upgrade from a spa balcony for about the same price as our bid, so we did that.

Looking at the Encore for the same week this summer, Balcony pricing is at least 30% higher than the Escape last summer and the Haven is nearly double -- and only 11 H5's available today --- There were twice that number open last year on the Escape with 30 days to go.  

This summer we are doing the Gem to Bermuda and organized a "group fare" for our family of 6 to 7 cabins.  We are all booked for Inside cabins on this trip and did this before the thanksgiving.  Since then, the fare has only increased.  If we tried booking the same thing today, it would be $230 more per cabin.  (about a 10% increase).

Newbie here, with a question about pricing (not new to cruising, just new to idea of possible price-drop situation): We're booked on the Encore out of NY to Bermuda on 6/22.  Final payment has been made. IF there is a price drop, what is our recourse? Contact NCL and... what? Do they refund? How does that work? Could we angle for an upgrade instead? What's the best course of action?

Many thanks in advance for any insight. I have been doing a lot of reading, but can't seem to find anything that spells out what you can do if a price drop happens. I truly appreciate the helpful spirit of this board, and commenters' patience in helping those of us still trying to learn the ins and outs!

8 hours ago, HandC4Me said:

Newbie here, with a question about pricing (not new to cruising, just new to idea of possible price-drop situation): We're booked on the Encore out of NY to Bermuda on 6/22.  Final payment has been made. IF there is a price drop, what is our recourse? Contact NCL and... what? Do they refund? How does that work? Could we angle for an upgrade instead? What's the best course of action?

Many thanks in advance for any insight. I have been doing a lot of reading, but can't seem to find anything that spells out what you can do if a price drop happens. I truly appreciate the helpful spirit of this board, and commenters' patience in helping those of us still trying to learn the ins and outs!

If prices drip after final payment. You can call in and receive 25% of the difference in OBC, 50% of the difference in future cruise credit, pay the difference to upgrade to a higher category, if available, or be offered a free upgrade to a cabin with a current price comparable to what you originally paid. Note that you can only receive compensation for a price drop once, so pick you time wisely. Also, they will only offer compensation if the category you are booked in is still available. If prices drip generally but your exact category is sold out, your only option would be to pay the difference to do a direct upgrade to a better category.

• Like 1

I am going from NY to Bermuda on the encore on the 5/17 sailing. Final payment was made.This is my first time cruising. Are you all pricing them out on NCL's site? Right now everything looks pretty much the same price wise at least for a mid ship mini suite. Im going to keep checking I guess. But where is everyone seeing these price changes? Also does it matter if you booked through a travel agent? Are you still able to try to get a price adjustment? Would i contact the agent or NCL direct? I would have been interested in the obc more than anything. Sorry for all the questions. I have been reading on here for a few months but havent seen an answer on this yet. 

• Like 1

Last year I booked last minute (4 days before) on the Gem Boston to Bermuda 4/26. I was watching the prices drop for weeks. They dropped the solo supplement and came down to $250pp. After using 1 cruise next cert someone gifted me I ended up paying $260 total including gratuity. There were a lot of last minute solo cruisers. The only bummer part of going that time of year is the 1st and last sea days are very cold and the water in Bermuda is too cold to swim but other than that the weather was great. 

JamieLogical, thank you so much for spelling everything out! Very helpful!

Like fjg473, I too am wondering about the best way to monitor for possible price drops. Is there an app for this? (Isn't there an app for EVERYTHING?! 🙂) What's the best way to check for drops?