Celebrity Photo Packages

m8zenblue

In the past we have ordered the Photo Package which included digital and prints.

The print portion is no longer available, according to X, it's now just digital only.

Due to a bad experience with the digital photos on our last cruise we will not purchase that package again.

My question is I know you can purchase the prints on board but what is the price per print ?

Edited by m8zenblue

Do not know what your problem was.  However now the all digital package is great.  A few days after you get home, you are sent a link via your email to download all photos.  Many years ago we also got hard copies.  They took up so much room in suitcase and were so heavy.  Easier to download and create albans from an on line vendor at home.  Purchasing photos can cost about $25 each. If you have a few hundred with the digital plan, you are paying under $1.00 each. Sometimes much less with a good deal. You also can decide which are the best pics at home

enjoy

Edited by Cruise a holic

Also not sure what the issue was with the digital package - but if it was missing images - what we do is:

Every day we collect the paper pictures as though we had the print package.  They put them in an envelope for us.  Each time we then cross reference all the pictures against the digital images at the kiosk.  Occasionally there are some missing and we point those out so they get added.  By the time we are at the end of the cruise - we know everything is there.

Go Blue!

Mike

We've also had no issue with the digital.  In all honestly I'm somewhat grateful as DD does seriously use the package and 300+ hard copy prints 2 or 3 times a year is not the most environment friendly!

Mandream is right - check every day and make sure you have the correct sets.  Then your entire cart is sent to you post cruise.

The digital prints do have a logo and bar code - but you can very esaily edit that out, and it would be concealed by the frame in most cases anyway.

Curious on how the Photo Package works.   I've never used it.    I will be traveling in April with my Sister and Daughter.   If I get one  photo package do I have to be in all the photos in order to be included?

Hello Jim

Hope this helps.

I was sailing on the Celebrity Summit in December and I bought a unlimited digital package for $100.00. I bought the package deal on line before we left. I got all the photos of myself and my wife anybody else that was in the photo with us. Two weeks after the cruise ended we were sent the photos electronically. 

First thing you do is go to the photo studio on the ship and use your sea card to register your account. Once this is done you can go by the studio every day and look at the photos that were taken. They have several machines that display the images but they were not always working or they didn’t have the photos loaded up yet. However every evening they have several people from Celebrity there to help you.

They did have a a lot of photos taken that I could of purchased but preferred to have them digital and was glad I did. I was able to get Walmart print them in all kind of different collage packages. They cost me $2.38 each for a 8x10 of four images made into a nice collage. 

2 hours ago, Airrace said:

Hello Jim

Hope this helps.

I was sailing on the Celebrity Summit in December and I bought a unlimited digital package for $100.00. I bought the package deal on line before we left. I got all the photos of myself and my wife anybody else that was in the photo with us. Two weeks after the cruise ended we were sent the photos electronically. 

First thing you do is go to the photo studio on the ship and use your sea card to register your account. Once this is done you can go by the studio every day and look at the photos that were taken. They have several machines that display the images but they were not always working or they didn’t have the photos loaded up yet. However every evening they have several people from Celebrity there to help you.

They did have a a lot of photos taken that I could of purchased but preferred to have them digital and was glad I did. I was able to get Walmart print them in all kind of different collage packages. They cost me $2.38 each for a 8x10 of four images made into a nice collage. 

Thanks much.   That is really helpful.    I rarely buy photos but thought with the 4 of us if we got one package we could get some really nice shots.    From some of my bookings I can see the current sale but unable to see anything on our Millennium April 30 cruise.   It is really hosed up and says under everything that it can't load and wait to buy on-board.   

16 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks much.   That is really helpful.    I rarely buy photos but thought with the 4 of us if we got one package we could get some really nice shots.    From some of my bookings I can see the current sale but unable to see anything on our Millennium April 30 cruise.   It is really hosed up and says under everything that it can't load and wait to buy on-board.   

Hello Jim

I have a cruise in about a year from now and am able to find the same digital package for $125.00. I think I will  wait till I can find it for $100.00 again.

10 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

If I get one  photo package do I have to be in all the photos in order to be included

Not in our expereince.  We buy this for DD and get all her shots, anything she is in as a group and then the facial recognition feature also picked out shots with just me and DH, or DM simply becuase they also appear regularly on shots with DD.  One year DD had a load of shots taken with a freind she met on board and we ended up with all her family shots too which was a nice gift for them at the end (still hard copy in those days).

9 hours ago, Airrace said:

Hello Jim

I have a cruise in about a year from now and am able to find the same digital package for $125.00. I think I will  wait till I can find it for $100.00 again.

Book it now- if price goes down- rebook- for 25 not to get the package???  That is the cost of one 8 x 10 Picture.