Would Princess allow Crown to do a TA?

Jemnibabe

My guess is the sailing will go as planned.  We encountered a similar issue with a TA on CB a couple years back.  We sailed westbound from Southampton, two stops were dropped (Vigo Spain and the Azores), Bermuda was added.  The trip was entirely uneventful with an average speed of, if memory serves, 17 kts.  Frankly the trip was more impacted by some rough seas the result of a very active hurricane season that year.

2 hours ago, weedpindle said:

OP asked a question that they apparently already knew the answer to.

If you ask a question often enough on CC you'll finally get an answer you're looking for.

Much like calling Princess directly. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

If you already know why are you asking?  🤪

I agree they will still do a TA.

Of course I didn't know the answer.  That is why I asked.  I had heard some guesses, (yes on CC) but no one seemed to have any reasonable answer so I asked again.  Do you have a reasonable answer?

Judy in SW Florida

1 minute ago, Jemnibabe said:

Of course I didn't know the answer.  That is why I asked.  I had heard some guesses, (yes on CC) but no one seemed to have any reasonable answer so I asked again.  Do you have a reasonable answer?

Judy in SW Florida

I believe they will do the TA.

But as others said it's a guess so nobody can tell you for sure.

46 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

If you ask a question often enough on CC you'll finally get an answer you're looking for.

Much like calling Princess directly. 

Well, the answer I was looking for was one that half way made sense.  Some of the responses I saw were totally out in left field

Judy in SW Florida

Yes, I've done 14 night TAs, but I've also done the same route on a 12 night, same ship.  So, when they book a 14 night crossing, they have some extra time built into that.  I'm not sure why it would be booked as 14 nights one year and 12 nights another....possibly port availability or the way it interfaces with the rest of the schedule. 

So will Princess do it?  Yes.

14 hours ago, Jemnibabe said:

Well, the answer I was looking for was one that half way made sense.  Some of the responses I saw were totally out in left field

Judy in SW Florida

Any answers you'll read on this board are only people guessing at what they do based upon previous cruises which had similar problems. 

I personally find it difficult to believe that they'll postpone a TA cruise as not much can be done to totally correct the problem at this time. 

They'll just make the best of the situation until the dry dock is scheduled in Oct as someone else had posted. 

52 minutes ago, Trevor Fountain said:

I think they have to do it. They need the Europeans to fix their engine issues, as the Americans seemed to have failed miserably. 😜

So you know for sure the repair crew were Americans. LOL 😄😄

There's so much speculation on this board, it's always good for a laugh to brighten up the day. :classic_wink:

33 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

So you know for sure the repair crew were Americans. LOL 😄😄

There's so much speculation on this board, it's always good for a laugh to brighten up the day. :classic_wink:

I just hope someone fixes the problem, I'm due to sail on her in November. Not that I'm really bothered, I'll happily drift for 17 nights, as long as the bars stay open.

6 minutes ago, Trevor Fountain said:

I just hope someone fixes the problem, I'm due to sail on her in November. Not that I'm really bothered, I'll happily drift for 17 nights, as long as the bars stay open.

I'm pretty certain that if the temporary fixes aren't applied by the time it goes into dry dock in Oct it'll finally be resolved at that time.

Obviously they can't continue to run the ship at reduced power forever.