CCL stock dips below 40

Farts

1 minute ago, canes20 said:

What was the low last week? We have a limit order set at $8 for 200. Started at $9.50 and have lowered it as the day has gone by.

It hit $7.90 on March 18th. I shorted it from $12.62 the other day and covered today for a nice profit. Just purchased 100 shares at $8.68 because....why not? Oh wait...bankruptcy. I don't think that's going to happen though. 

Just now, NYrunner said:

It hit $7.90 on March 18th. I shorted it from $12.62 the other day and covered today for a nice profit. Just purchased 100 shares at $8.68 because....why not? Oh wait...bankruptcy. I don't think that's going to happen though. 

You think it will go under $8

Well, jumped in and picked up 100 shares just under $9 today. I have another order in for another 200 if it goes to $5. We could afford to lose it if it came to it, but if it goes to $60 again in a few years and I’m sitting on 300 shares that’s a kids college tuition, a down payment on a new car, etc (no kids yet so really no idea what it will be doing in 20+ years) and it was bought for a long term hold, not something to dump in a month with a small return. I like cruising, wife likes “fun ships” so if the OBC for shareholders continues that’s one a day for her each cruise. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Chief Vette said:

I shorted CCL two months ago.  Made a quick $15K off a $45K buy.  Used the $60K to pay off my mortgage🤑

2 months ago, the stock was at $44. How did you make $15k off of a small $45k buy?

1 hour ago, john91498 said:

2 months ago, the stock was at $44. How did you make $15k off of a small $45k buy?

He said he shorted the stock which means he bet that it would fall, so he could have easily made that much considering shares are down 80% in the last two months.

CCL is up around $10 in pre-market trading. Could see a pop today due to a short squeeze. I also think the secondary offering is ultimately a good thing as it will keep CCL afloat (sorry for the pun) during these rough seas (sorry, not sorry). 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NYrunner said:

CCL is up around $10 in pre-market trading. Could see a pop today due to a short squeeze. I also think the secondary offering is ultimately a good thing as it will keep CCL afloat (sorry for the pun) during these rough seas (sorry, not sorry). 

It's cratered in the last 3 hours.  I think it's finally pricing in the common stock sale at $8 plus debt offering with 11.5% rates.

This thing is going to be sub 7 at some point today.

11 minutes ago, rudoja00 said:

It's cratered in the last 3 hours.  I think it's finally pricing in the common stock sale at $8 plus debt offering with 11.5% rates.

This thing is going to be sub 7 at some point today.

Not to mention the entire market will have a huge dip when the jobless report comes out.  

10 hours ago, cksv said:

He said he shorted the stock which means he bet that it would fall, so he could have easily made that much considering shares are down 80% in the last two months.

He said he shorted 2 months ago, meaning he sold two months ago.

3 hours ago, rudoja00 said:

Not to mention the entire market will have a huge dip when the jobless report comes out.  

Jobless report came out with 6.6 million claims ending March 28. But the market is slightly up.

3 minutes ago, john91498 said:

when you short a stock, you sell it first. then you pay interest/fees to "cover" the stock until you buy the stock to cover your previous sale.

it is the opposite of what most people do, so think of the opposite as the benefits and the costs. you still buy low and sell high, you just do it backwards.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, john91498 said:

Yes, but he "sold" stock he didn't own two months ago, at the price it was then,  Then he just purchased to cover that sale at yesterday's price.  Sold high, bought very low.

It what being "short" means.

• Thanks 1

I have 150 shares of CUK stock (100 @ $9 last week, 50 @ $8 Yesterday).  This stock is consistently around .50 - $1 cheaper than CCL going back over 52 weeks.  You get the same OBC with CUK as you do CCL and until this week, the same dividends (well actually still the same dividends, $0).  

So, question for the group.  Why is anybody who is buying small amounts (like most of us in here are talking about) only talking about CCL stock?

At $8 a share, it's like buying a lottery ticket. You are either going to make a lot of money or they are going bust.  Carnival did raise of 6.25 Billion in debt and equity sales yesterday, so this should give them the liquidity to survive.  Right now, the odds look favorable.

2 hours ago, Denverdonkeys said:

when you short a stock, you sell it first. then you pay interest/fees to "cover" the stock until you buy the stock to cover your previous sale.

it is the opposite of what most people do, so think of the opposite as the benefits and the costs. you still buy low and sell high, you just do it backwards.

I know how shorts work, I think I got confused on how he worded it. thanks.