CCL stock dips below 40

Farts

be cautious when purchasing stock, I sold CCL at $35 in the beginning of this mess. I held it for many years. It sounds like several people on this thread are buying for the first time. I personally would not "invest" in a company not currently operating. What was the purpose of your question?

4 minutes ago, coevan said:

be cautious when purchasing stock, I sold CCL at $35 in the beginning of this mess. I held it for many years. It sounds like several people on this thread are buying for the first time. I personally would not "invest" in a company not currently operating. What was the purpose of your question?

The company is operating. Employees are working. They are interacting with guests over the phone and by email. We are receiving solicited marketing materials and they are accepting reservations. Their ships are sailing with crew onboard. The crew are being fed and working when necessary.

They just aren’t makes leisure cruises available to the public at the moment. Carnival Corporation isn’t a little hotel that closed its door and furloughed everyone.

Edited by xDisconnections

He mentions talk of stock.  It's permitted, the subject is Stock under 40,  Freedom of speech much.

Stock has been on a wild ride lately.   Not sure why so many of you come out ready to fight and beat your fellow

Carnival fans, so readily.

E

6 minutes ago, Elbozi said:

He mentions talk of stock.  It's permitted, the subject is Stock under 40,  Freedom of speech much.

Stock has been on a wild ride lately.   Not sure why so many of you come out ready to fight and beat your fellow

Carnival fans, so readily.

E

If you feel that you have freedom of speech here you are mistaken. 😉

14 minutes ago, coevan said:

I personally would not "invest" in a company not currently operating. What was the purpose of your question?

So you have mentioned 30 or 40 times already ... we got your opinion

If they get back to business by end of year, they should be able to reach $20-$25 a share, within a few years.   Doubt it will be as high as it was before, due to share dilution, paying 11% interest on loan, and going into a bear of a world wide recession for awhile.   I think it is a day traders dream right now,  still heavily volatile.   Long term seems, barring a second wave of Corona , they should not be facing any bankruptcy.     They just are not going to be profitable for awhile.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, john91498 said:

Another reason why I don't discuss things with you. You make up weird things and it gets to the point where I just ignore you.

Yeah, facts do that to a lot of people here, but I understand your viewpoint, it must be embarrassing.

Edited by jimbo5544

Times are definitely tough for cruise companies and everyone in general. Carnival has survived a lot of tough situations and I personally believe they will survive this, albeit it will be a long haul back. I bought 1000 shares at 8.18 to add to the ones I had already purchased earlier last month. I am aware there is some serious risk but now is when you get in with a chance to make some serious money. Risk and reward! And the shareholder benefit(provided it renews) will be nice also.

5 hours ago, john91498 said:

Wow, the 1st qtr was a nightmare. A loss of $781 million compared to a profit of $336 million in 2019. That's a billion dollar swing.

And note the 1st quarter ended Feb. 29th, BEFORE things were shutdown. Those were the "good-old-days"

On 4/2/2020 at 10:58 PM, CarnivalCruiser32 said:

I wish I understood how to invest in the stock market. I tried googling it but it was so confusing. I wouldn't want to spend so much money and not even know what I was doing

I'm exactly the same as you!  The more I try to understand it, the more confused I get! 

Any straight forward simple advice out there for complete newbies please?