No Room Assignment Yet

leerathje

So, on Black Friday DH and I booked Oosterdam's Mexican Riviera, departing from San Diego this Saturday.  We were offered a VE, room 7004 and took it.

Fast forward to last Wednesday, and my 80 year old father decides YOLO and he and his friend were going to book last minute on our cruise.  I was so happy!  He took a verandah guarantee, and was offered a VB....wow!  So, called our TA the next day, and we were offered an upsell to a Signature Suite. We jumped on it. 

Now I'm sitting here, little over 3 days out with no room assignment!  I know it will come, but just biting my fingernails waiting.  My greatest fear is I won't find out until we are at the terminal.  Just to anxious I guess, and want to know!

L.

• Like 1

I totally get where you are coming from; it is nice to know.  It's called a guarantee for a reason, though - you are guaranteed a stateroom.  Beyond that, why does it matter which room?  Even if you don't get informed until you get to the dock, there will be someone there to tell you what stateroom number to put on your bags so the porter can take them. Give it another few days.

Edited by Qextor
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, leerathje said:

So, on Black Friday DH and I booked Oosterdam's Mexican Riviera, departing from San Diego this Saturday.  We were offered a VE, room 7004 and took it.

Fast forward to last Wednesday, and my 80 year old father decides YOLO and he and his friend were going to book last minute on our cruise.  I was so happy!  He took a verandah guarantee, and was offered a VB....wow!  So, called our TA the next day, and we were offered an upsell to a Signature Suite. We jumped on it. 

Now I'm sitting here, little over 3 days out with no room assignment!  I know it will come, but just biting my fingernails waiting.  My greatest fear is I won't find out until we are at the terminal.  Just to anxious I guess, and want to know!

L.

Have you checked your luggage tags on your document page? The number often shows up there first

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Crew News said:

The closer you get to sailing day, the greater chance you will be upgraded to a Neptune Suite.  We look forward to hearing what category you actually receive.

Oh my, didn't know that....well then, maybe I don't mind if HAL takes their time!

L.

13 hours ago, leerathje said:

This Saturday?  HAL's site shows Oosterdam leaving San Diego Mar 7.  Still 10 days out.

Got my Mar 1 departure room 10 days out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom_Cruise said:

This Saturday?  HAL's site shows Oosterdam leaving San Diego Mar 7.  Still 10 days out.

Got my Mar 1 departure room 10 days out.

Also leaving on February 29, which is the cruise we are on.  And still no assignment!

L.

On our recent Amazon trip on the Volendam, we received a room assignment about 10 days ahead of sailing but when we got to the security checkpoint on board the ship in FLL, our cards wouldn't scan.  We were shuffled to another security person who had to look up our names and the upgrade fairy visited us.  We went from an inside cabin on deck 4 to a full window cabin on deck 5.  It turned out to be wonderful and at the end of 30 days we did have to move 3 doors down to an inside cabin for the next 16 days.  But we were able to keep our  wonderful stateroom attendants!

• Like 3

My only upgrade to a Neptune Suite happened last year, two days before sailing date.  When I opened the booking change document, it did not say what changes were made to my booking.  I looked at the itinerary, record of payments, notes, and then noticed my stateroom went from VB to SA7038. 

I received no phone calls, just the new booking document via email.  I called my PCC to thank her and she disavowed any knowledge of my good fortune.

Four years ago, a family who had booked two Neptune Suites were upgraded to a Pinnacle Suite during check-in.

• Like 1