Larger Robes

ckb104

1 hour ago, ckb104 said:

Does anyone know if Princess has a larger than "normal" size bathrobe?  

We have always found the robes to be sized appropriately to fit a 8-year old very skinny girl. I ounce asked our steward about getting a larger size and he said he would check into it. Later he gave us a couple larger ones that he had swiped from the Lotus Spa and told us not to wear them outside of our cabin or he would get into trouble. Fearing that we would get our steward in trouble we have since given up. No more robs for us.  

• Like 2

I will share my story. Please keep in mind that I was devastated at the time. About 3 years ago I went on the Regal and my hubby surprised me with my very first massage. I was so excited to experience it. I was told to take my clothes off and put on the robe and wait for someone to come get me. Well, imagine my surprise when the robe wouldn't close up. I had to wear my shorts into the waiting area and into the massage room. I was mortified. I've since lost a significant amount of weight, but that moment is forever in my memory. I will never go back for another massage again. 

34 minutes ago, Dawniepoo said:

I will share my story. Please keep in mind that I was devastated at the time. About 3 years ago I went on the Regal and my hubby surprised me with my very first massage. I was so excited to experience it. I was told to take my clothes off and put on the robe and wait for someone to come get me. Well, imagine my surprise when the robe wouldn't close up. I had to wear my shorts into the waiting area and into the massage room. I was mortified. I've since lost a significant amount of weight, but that moment is forever in my memory. I will never go back for another massage again. 

That is just wrong.  They need to be prepared for people of all sizes in the spa.  I'm so sorry you had to deal with that. 

• Like 2

I can't speak to the robes on Princess, but on HAL (under the Carnival umbrella like Princess) we asked for larger robes on our last cruise,  Before the end of the day they were in our cabin.  They were great!

When we go on the Star in March I plan to ask for larger robes.  Fingers crossed.  

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Daisyloo said:

I can't speak to the robes on Princess, but on HAL (under the Carnival umbrella like Princess) we asked for larger robes on our last cruise,  Before the end of the day they were in our cabin.  They were great!

When we go on the Star in March I plan to ask for larger robes.  Fingers crossed.  

Good luck, but I wouldn't count on it. To me it really doesn't make a lot of sense to not have multiple sizes to fit everyone. The usual robes Princes supplies wouldn't likely fit one or two percent of the passengers on board.

• Like 1

After struggling with robes on Princess previously, on our last two cruises Majestic in January 2019  and Caribbean in July 2019, we found we were issued with robes made of a different fabric...not cotton but something more synthetic ( think old fashioned crimpolene) which doesn't shrink, so sizes were much better.

12 hours ago, Dawniepoo said:

Have your massage at home the ones are board are just to hound you into buying products or tell them if they bug you again their tip is gone!Have not done a massage onboard since my early days of cruising so much better at home. I go the day before I leave! I am sorry that happened to you! Congrats on the weight loss 🙂

Edited by Reader0108598
  • Like 1