Voyager of the Seas in Mt Maunganui, Tauranga, NZ today - 2nd

Voyager of the Seas is on a mystery cruise :p , due to been barred from the South Pacific due to a staff member being diagnosed with Influencer A.

Today she is in Mt Maunganui, Tauranga, New Zealand:

spcamera24202032020.jpg

Cutter-Channel02032020.jpg

Tomorrow she apparently will be in the Bay Of Islands.

This is her second visit to Mt Maunganui this season 🙂

• Like 1

Thank you guys for the photos and the updates!

My family is booked for VOTS departing Sydney on the 18th of March 2020.

We too are calling it a mystery cruise.

Scheduled ports are Lifou, Port Vila, Mystery Island, Iles of Pine, & Mare.

Could be a NZ cruise yet 😉

Going with the flow, celebrating Mum's 70th and will have a large family group, so making a purse as the saying goes...

TraceyG 😊

• Like 1

We are on Voyager departing Sydney 30th Mar, also to Pacific Islands. Itinerary is IOP, Mare, Vila, Mystery Is & Noumea. Who knows what the situation will be in 4 weeks - maybe all will be open, maybe all will be closed. Boardies & a jacket should cover most port options.

We are also joking of it being a mystery cruise 🙂 Some people booked on the cruise are getting bent all out of shape on the book-of-faces page, but we plan to go with the flow. After all we won't be at work!!

• Like 3

Gidday Craig.

Like you I am on the 18th sailing and am wondering when we will get a revised itinerary.

I have heard that some get about a week advance notice, some 3 days and others have been told as they embark.

Reckon this may be due to the ongoing reviewing by the local authorities that Voyager is cruising to and their review processes.

At present all my Cruise planner information and my Royal App are showing no change to our port calls but I understand that there are ports closed to cruise ships with the review at the end of this month.

Makes planning a bit tricky but most in the group I am cruising with are going with the flow.

I hope the itinerary works out for you.

TraceyG🙂

• Like 1

On our 5th February cruise on the Voyager we were emailed the day before with a change in itinerary  and then once onboard we had an announcement of another change. The updated itinerary was delivered to all cabins by late afternoon after sailaway. Original was Noumea, Mystery Island, Mare, Port Vila, Suva , Lautoka, Lifou. This changed to Noumea , Lautoka, Suva, overnight in Tauranga NZ, then Eden NSW. Cheers, Buzz.

Edited by BuzzBuzzen
forgot Port Vila
  • Like 1

For our 30-Mar Voyager cruise to Sth Pacific our local guy on the ground (tour operator in Vila) advised overnight that Port Vila, Noumea & Mystery Is are open & confirmed that Lifou, Isle of Pines, and Mare are closed until end of March. We are due in IOP on 2-Mar & Mare on 3-Mar, so looks touch & go for us at this stage for those visits.

I expect we will do something close to our scheduled itinerary after that as we are in Vila, Mystery Is & Noumea. the following 3 days. Maybe we will overnight in one or two of those places if we miss the others?

So, it's not clear what may happen with the departures before 30-Mar.

Enjoy wherever we may end up!

2 hours ago, mr walker said:

For our 30-Mar Voyager cruise to Sth Pacific our local guy on the ground (tour operator in Vila) advised overnight that Port Vila, Noumea & Mystery Is are open & confirmed that Lifou, Isle of Pines, and Mare are closed until end of March. We are due in IOP on 2-Mar & Mare on 3-Mar, so looks touch & go for us at this stage for those visits.

I expect we will do something close to our scheduled itinerary after that as we are in Vila, Mystery Is & Noumea. the following 3 days. Maybe we will overnight in one or two of those places if we miss the others?

So, it's not clear what may happen with the departures before 30-Mar.

Enjoy wherever we may end up!

I wonder if you will add Louganville, have seen that on some amended itineraries.

Thank you, Buzz Buzzen and Kiwi Kruzer for the information.

TraceyG 🙂

3 hours ago, dandtgeddes said:

I wonder if you will add Louganville, have seen that on some amended itineraries.

Yes possible - I saw it added to a recent cruise when the other islands introduced the bans. So perhaps a stop there & maybe an overnight stop in Vila or Noumea if IOP & Mare are still closed.

As long as nothing too drastic happens, I think we will mostly make the port visits in the islands & not have to venture to the frozen wastelands of Tauranga, Bay of Islands & Eden as some are already complaining about happening on our cruise 🙂

Last week we did ovation to noumea and mystery island. No changes but at the point of time everyone needs to be open and go with the flow when traveling.

we are off on a land based tour from Auckland to Rotorua over Easter and we are just going to take it easy and as it comes.

noted that the visit Rotorua website still mentions the day trip to White Island. Think they would have updated that by now.