Inside the mega cruise ships

DarrenM

2 hours ago, George C said:

Msc YC inside cabin is 226 sq ft , seaside also has lots of other suites outside of YC. 

I understand that but an inside is still an inside.  And regardless of other staterooms and suites outside of YC, using YC as an example of how Seaside is less crowded than other ships still isn't apples to apples as it only represents 4% of the ship in terms of staterooms, and is an area specifically intended, among other things, to be less crowded. 🙂 What is more relevant would be comments regarding the experience of those not in YC.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Yacht club is no savings. Downplay the price all you want, but on average, it is almost always more money than buying a room + drinks elsewhere.

It's a fine product with a solid price considering the luxurious experience you get. However, quit with the "it's included in the price, that alone makes it cheaper"

I take it the "Yacht Club" would equate to the "Haven" on NCL,  if I had the money for the first class section I would not be in an inside cabin. I would settle for a balcony in the main areas. Now I have to admit to never  have had an inside cabin but just feel it would be claustrophobic with no daylight. Accept we do not spend all day in a cabin but we do use it as a base through out the day and the ability to have a coffee or tea on the balcony makes the extra cost well worthwhile

21 minutes ago, Cee_Jay said:

I take it the "Yacht Club" would equate to the "Haven" on NCL,  if I had the money for the first class section I would not be in an inside cabin. I would settle for a balcony in the main areas. Now I have to admit to never  have had an inside cabin but just feel it would be claustrophobic with no daylight. Accept we do not spend all day in a cabin but we do use it as a base through out the day and the ability to have a coffee or tea on the balcony makes the extra cost well worthwhile

We almost never used our balcony on YC , since all cabins are so close to outside area that has pool, hot tubs , bar and restaurant that serves breakfast and lunch. Great value for the dollar compared to suites on celebrity, rccl or Hal. There lounge was beautiful with great service and views and live music from about 5 to 11pm . Cost was way less that the new celebrity ships suites on edge with similar perks and features . 

1 hour ago, Joebucks said:

Yacht club is no savings. Downplay the price all you want, but on average, it is almost always more money than buying a room + drinks elsewhere.

Absolutely!  It definitely is at a premium.  It was never intended to a savings over anywhere else. They have had some pricing promotions a couple of years ago that made it very attractive to try, but still very much at a premium compared to anything comparable anywhere else on the ship - even with any extra benefits a la carte outside of YC.

53 minutes ago, Cee_Jay said:

Yes - the Haven is a very similar concept to YC.  As is now the Retreat on Celebrity - in particular with Edge class ships.

1 hour ago, Joebucks said:

It's a fine product with a solid price considering the luxurious experience you get. However, quit with the "it's included in the price, that alone makes it cheaper"

Yacht Club is much more than a "room and drinks".

• Like 1