Question about RCL "Choice Air"

johnjen

I think it depends on the airline;  I booked a flight on American; and when I logged into American website; it said I could not choose seat until ticket was paid for;  next I booked a Delta flight;  logged into Delta and picked my seat with no problem.  So hope this helps.  

9 hours ago, johnjen said:

I have forgotten something - when you book through Choice Air, do you get to pick seats on the plane? Just hoping we don't end up in the middle aisle. About to jump and buy.

Depends on airline, fare class, and itinerary.   Sometimes you can, sometimes you can't.

Everyone, thanks so much. I did recall buying our tickets there two years ago for our cruise, THEN arranged the seats on the Air France web page using the booking ref number. Also, in today's world with all of this paranoia about this blown way out of proportion ordeal (this virus thing) we just want to make sure we would get our money back 100% if this cruise gets cancelled by the frantic higher up "deciders" but we do NOT want to cancel this one. This is the main reason we will choose Choice Air. We're going on a Baltic cruise in June so sure it will be safe from cancellation.

Edited by johnjen

45 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

Why would you say that?  Do you have special insider information?

Not at all, considering the region though......! Hey, lemme steal your "government certified expert" signature thing 😆

Edited by johnjen

My family's experience with Viking Air was that Delta tickets booked to a V fare class, which is a deep discount fare type but NOT a Basic Economy ticket. Seat selection, elite benefits, and the ability to buy a 'guaranteed' C+ ticket all worked and redeemable miles and elite qualifying miles were accrued according to Delta's 'exception fare' rules. 

https://www.delta.com/us/en/skymiles/how-to-earn-miles/exception-fares

10 hours ago, sumiandkage said:

My family's experience with Viking Air was that Delta tickets booked to a V fare class,

1 hour ago, AF-1 said:

sumiandkage; thanks for this info;  good info and good for us to know we can accrue skymiles and MQM's

Remember, this is one experience in the PAST.  The rules for your ticket will determine YOUR situation, and those rules are based upon the terms of the current contract between your cruiseline and the specific airline. Further, that contract can have varying fare rules, depending upon airline, city pair, date and routings.

So...you may accrue SkyPesos, you may accrue MQM, and then again....you might not.

Caveat emptor.

FlyerTalker,  I get it;  no problem.  When I book thru a consolidator; or cruise line; I will see who gives me the best deal price wise; without losing out on skymiles.  Cheers

36 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

So...you may accrue SkyPesos, you may accrue MQM, and then again....you might not.

Caveat emptor.

Delta's published exception fare policy seems pretty straightforward to me, unlike what you may get with other carriers.