Onboard is

heidikay

2 hours ago, PtownGirlz-NH said:

You can be judgemental and say what you want, but this is their business. They sent the cruise off without canceling and we missed 4 of 5 ports. Yes the weather was mostly good and we were lucky enough to have a balcony, but many were not. Just got word off $100 OBC as “good will” per person. Not enough as far as I’m concerned, since we paid more than 5k. Would have appreciated FFC to do FULL cruise itinerary again. We didn’t pay to be on floating hotel. We’ve cruised a dozen times on Princess and expected more. Communication on ship about cancellations at each port came very last minute after we lined up, got our numbers, waited in lines for temperature check, etc. Again, not what we paid for and it’s a business that will lose loyal customers if not treated right. 

I'm on the cruise and I feel Princess has done the best they could. I don't feel they owe me FCC.  We still got a 10 day cruise and we were given the option to reschedule before we boarded. I figured when we started we might just get to cruise through the locks in Panama. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, PtownGirlz-NH said:

You can be judgemental and say what you want, but this is their business...

...Again, not what we paid for and it’s a business that will lose loyal customers if not treated right. 

Sorry about your (and everyone else's) cruise. Not being judgmental here, but, Princess also needs to do what it can to fiscally survive this situation.  There is a not unrealistic potential that there could be no business left to worry about losing loyal customers from when this is all said and done.  Hopefully this worst-case-scenario won't be the case, however, only time will tell. 

YMMV 

Edited by ar1950
  • Like 2

Interesting read, expect every port to deny disembarkation, a bummer. 

Princess has been a class act and I expect they will for sure give you future credit, they actually should also refund you the cruise if you don't get any stops.

I'd say as long as you got free internet, got shows and three meals and a spotless gym, beats what I have right now at home, as long as you don't get quarantined at the end.

From what I have heard, from my boss who's wife and daughter are on a Panama canal cruise with Disney is that they missed most of their ports and had to head to San Diego a day early.

As cruisers we need to try to be patient as this is a disaster in a grand sense. 

I am sorry that this cruise did not go as planned. Do you really think Princess wanted this not to happen?

Everyone around the world is trying to deal with this the best and safest way they can.

I am amazed that I am not even sure that I will be cruising this August because of this world situation. I really thought

that a cruise that far out would not be affected. 

We are all affected one way or another.

greenie082756,  I agree with you.  I have a river cruise in May (which will most likely be cancelled in the next few weeks), and a Princess cruise booked for the Med in Oct.  All the places I am headed in Oct are on lockdown now.  If I don't go on either one; I will re-book for some other time.  It is not a big deal.  

• Like 1