Onboard is

heidikay

8 minutes ago, Musky Ike said:

From the ship bridge cam it looks like you did not stop in Jamaica, is this correct?

I am hoping heidi comes back to the thread. She has not posted much on cc. She was participating on our March 7 th roll call for Island Princess. I cancelled this cruise last Friday. 

So sorry. I didn't know this posted.  I was going to post about Coronavirus precautions onboard but thought I aborted and must have posted instead.  

We did not dock in Falmouth due to bad weather.  The seas have been rough.  We came a day early to Cartagena and are staying until our scheduled departure tomorrow. 

We are washing in the sink before going to buffet.  Everything is being served by waiters in the buffet.  In the dining room, bread is served, cream is poured, salt is shaken all by the waiters.  We touch nothing but our glass, silverware and delivered dishes.  This has all changed starting the 2nd day of the cruise.   The library books and games are locked.   I watched entertainment staff, try to collect all the pencils from trivia without touching them.  He said they are all sanatized after use.  These are the things I have noticed.   

So so far the cruise has been pleasant.  

Sorry again for the confusing start. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, heidikay said:

So sorry. I didn't know this posted.  I was going to post about Coronavirus precautions onboard but thought I aborted and must have posted instead.  

We did not dock in Falmouth due to bad weather.  The seas have been rough.  We came a day early to Cartagena and are staying until our scheduled departure tomorrow. 

We are washing in the sink before going to buffet.  Everything is being served by waiters in the buffet.  In the dining room, bread is served, cream is poured, salt is shaken all by the waiters.  We touch nothing but our glass, silverware and delivered dishes.  This has all changed starting the 2nd day of the cruise.   The library books and games are locked.   I watched entertainment staff, try to collect all the pencils from trivia without touching them.  He said they are all sanatized after use.  These are the things I have noticed.   

WOW, thanks for the update.  The dining room precautions seem wise but how about other places?  Are they cleaning the railings and the elevators more often?

• Like 1

It does seem they are cleaning more but it has been a long time since I've cruised Princess so I really don't know.   But earlier before they took salt shakers away. I watched as each one was wiped at the end of the meal.  I don't think I've seen that before.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, heidikay said:

Thanks for we getting back to us. We will be boarding when you get back ( we hope). So keep it clean for us but have fun.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Dawniepoo said:

Note to self: Pack some salt packets. I surely wound't want to be judged about my salt habit (which is really bad 😊)

Bring your own small salt shaker and a small pepper grinder.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2020 at 3:14 AM, heidikay said:

We started our cruise 3/7

Good for you. 👍
So, is the ship half full?

No waiting in lines?  
No chair hogs?

Plenty of seats available in the theater?

Everyone doing the “washy washy” routine?
Everyone using hand sanitizer stations? Is it being enforced by crew?

Everyone covering up, and coughing into arm not in hand, when coughing?

Everyone maintaing recommended social distancing?

Hope you are enjoying your cruise. Safe travels.

Edited by Justalone
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Dawniepoo said:

Note to self: Pack some salt packets. I surely wound't want to be judged about my salt habit (which is really bad 😊)

Ha ha!  Last night I joked with my husband that salt would be another essential to pack along with extra meds.  A little salt mixed with warm water makes a soothing gargle for a sore throat.  

• Like 1