who is the most famous person you've seen on an X cruise

luckyinpa

Last cruise in Aug. Sean Connery was staying in the Penthouse Suite on Summit, he got off in Bermuda, didn't take the return trip to NJ.  Our sailing date was I believe his 89th. birthday. 

Many, many years ago on this board it was reported that George H. W Bush and wife Barbara had taken a couple of Celebrity Cruises.   This was confirmed by numerous people on this board.  

Edited by dkjretired
  • Like 1

id also be interested in your interaction or what you saw. i gotta admit i'm not star struck normally but if it happened to me id try to be as low key as possible but meeting them would be cool. i'm assuming connery paid the fine for not coming back lol. or is it legal to just get off and not return?

1 hour ago, luckyinpa said:

id also be interested in your interaction or what you saw. i gotta admit i'm not star struck normally but if it happened to me id try to be as low key as possible but meeting them would be cool. i'm assuming connery paid the fine for not coming back lol. or is it legal to just get off and not return?

I have no clue what they did with the passage. We were told he was on board by a couple of sources and did see his group leaving the ship prior to everyone else being cleared.

Edited by dkjretired

We cruised in the Royal Suite on Freedom of the Seas the week after Lionel Messi (we were told). For our football (soccer) mad son it was wonderful to sit on the sofa he had sat on the week before....

2 hours ago, pethi said:

Who's Arno? I know only a Belgian rockstar with that name...

Arno is an esteemed poster here on CC...

He started the "Whose On Board" thread and a few others which are go to's for info.

Do a search to find him...

bon voyage

42 minutes ago, George C said:

Been on other lines with some sports stars like Doug Flutie and hockey hall of famer Phil Esposito , both very friendly guys.

We did an NCL cruise several years ago and unbeknownst to us it was a cruise with the NY Giants.    There were only a few members of the team on the cruise and they had break out sessions which only those who used a certain TA could join.  We did run into a couple of them off the ship, I took a picture of Harry Carson and his wife in the Atlantis Aquarium  in the Bahamas.   He was very nice and thanked me for taking his picture.   We also took a snorkeling trip with a wide receiver Dominick Hixon and his girlfriend.   He was with the Giants for a few years including one of the Super Bowl wins over the Patriots.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dkjretired said:

We did an NCL cruise several years ago and unbeknownst to us it was a cruise with the NY Giants.    There were only a few members of the team on the cruise and they had break out sessions which only those who used a certain TA could join.  We did run into a couple of them off the ship, I took a picture of Harry Carson and his wife in the Atlantis Aquarium  in the Bahamas.   He was very nice and thanked me for taking his picture.   We also took a snorkeling trip with a wide receiver Dominick Hixon and his girlfriend.   He was with the Giants for a few years including one of the Super Bowl wins over the Patriots.  

We did a ncl cruise that had hockey stars about 30 years ago, I had no idea who they were , was playing poker with them not knowing they were hockey players and one of them was talking about being traded from Boston to philly, great Buffalo sabers goalie Dominick Hasek was one of them. Another time they had most of the Celtics in about 85 after they everything.

We were in an elevator on one of the S-class ships with Adam West - the original Batman a few years ago. And Amy Winehouse's father, Mitch was on the same cruise. Adam West was very low key. Mitch Winehouse thought he was a big deal.

This past January Reflection cruise, we had drinks with another two couples (six total) and I thought for sure one couple were actors. I believe the female was from Life in Pieces and the male from The Unicorn. But who knows. I am not into pop culture much and had a "few drinks", but they should looked like it. We all had fun with the bartenders.

45 minutes ago, JanineM said:

We were in an elevator on one of the S-class ships with Adam West - the original Batman a few years ago. And Amy Winehouse's father, Mitch was on the same cruise. Adam West was very low key. Mitch Winehouse thought he was a big deal.

i just rewatched the entire batman series recently. i would have enjoyed that elevator ride

We met Lisa Lutoff-Perlo on the Edge Inaugural Cruise last December.

Several years ago we also met Lindsay Hamilton a famous British musical singer. She was performing on the ship.

Edited by C-Dragons

2 hours ago, Mike981 said:

This past January Reflection cruise, we had drinks with another two couples (six total) and I thought for sure one couple were actors. I believe the female was from Life in Pieces and the male from The Unicorn. But who knows. I am not into pop culture much and had a "few drinks", but they should looked like it. We all had fun with the bartenders.

Was it Walton Goggins (Unicorn) and Betsy Brandt (was on LIP, and now on Unicorn.)? Two of my favorite shows!

39 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

We met Lisa Lutoff-Perlo on the Edge Inaugural Cruise last December.

Several years ago we also met Lindsay Hamilton a famous British musical singer. She was performing on the ship.

We saw her, as well.  

Several years ago, we actually had some famous entertainers.  So famous that their names escape me.  😁 Oh yes, I believe it was John Davidson and Charo.

Back in the day when my grandparents cruised, they would be among the famous quite often.  That's when cruising was the life and there were very few ships.

We also have done 3 music charters in last few years and meet , America, Jefferson starship, Todd Rundgren, Micheal McDonald, BJ Thomas , Steven Bishop,Rita Coolidge and many others , all on celebrity 

Edited by George C