Help~ I can't get a hold of TA to cancel

jillba

I booked through ***** and when I called it just says they are experiencing extremely high call volume & then it hangs up.  They have an online form to fill out to call you back and its been 4 days with no call.  Do I have any other options to cancel???

19 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Try calling.  I know that Carnival is allowing customers who booked through a TA to cancel directly if their booking is within 7 days of sailing.

Thank you!  I'll try

I got a lot of grief when I said I don't use a TA because I like to have control

of my cruise. I know this is an unusual  time.. But I was able to call RC and cancel my cruise.

Best of luck! Hopefully RC can help you. And I would  switch to another TA

• Like 2

Don't be afraid to use email to reach them.  I had booked through an online travel agency and they had their phone system go down completely.  I just looked up where my confirmation came from, emailed that person, and had a response back within minutes.  It was actually a lot easier than trying to do it over the phone.

I’ve been calling an airlines for 2 days now. And it’s been busy each time I try close to 100 attempts.   

I just got off the phone with my credit card company and disputed the charges for my flight.     That’s all I had left to use.  

I’m rethinking the use of TAs in the future.  I do all the legwork (get price, pick stateroom, etc) but occasionally use a TA for the OBC.  The process of a cancel/rebook at this time is too chaotic and too time consuming for a TA right now since they may have a hundred to process.  Going forward, I’ll do it myself like I do on many of my trips.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, O-Town Cruisers said:

Don't be afraid to use email to reach them.  I had booked through an online travel agency and they had their phone system go down completely.  I just looked up where my confirmation came from, emailed that person, and had a response back within minutes.  It was actually a lot easier than trying to do it over the phone.

Same here yesterday

21 hours ago, Ptroxx said:

I’ve been calling an airlines for 2 days now. And it’s been busy each time I try close to 100 attempts.   

I just got off the phone with my credit card company and disputed the charges for my flight.     That’s all I had left to use.  

Yesterday had problems with canned statement of high call volume and then they hung up on me.  I found an number from when i had status on the airline a few years ago, called it, connected with wait time of 2+ hours or option to leave a call back number and hold your place in line. Yes i did that, 7 hours later I was awakened with the call back, and after another 20 minute hold i was able to cancel my flight, gentleman I spoke to was very polite and understanding.

Cruise was much easier, just emailed my TA direct and a little over an hour later she responded that i was cancelled.

22 hours ago, Ptroxx said:

We cancelled our flights -American Airlines- online. It was easy

33 minutes ago, SewMuch said:

We cancelled our flights -American Airlines- online. It was easy

Remember some people are not on line savvy. Phone is only way for them. Many “older” senior people will not use on line routes.

36 minutes ago, rtazz17 said:

Remember some people are not on line savvy. Phone is only way for them. Many “older” senior people will not use on line routes.

My airline doesn't have the ability to take advantage of the temporary cancellation policy online.  You HAVE to call.  And the phone lines aren't working, so not holding out much hope that I will get any credit issued for the flight this morning that I didn't take.  Been trying for days to get through to cancel.