Voyagers club 3 year rule?

Skier52

3 hours ago, Skier52 said:

The letter is clearly addressed to me and it states they will extend my benefits by 1 year

Dear MSC Voyagers Club Member,

The unfortunate developments related to the coronavirus crisis over the past few months have made it difficult to travel – and even worse – have made our own lives more challenging in sudden and unexpected ways.

During this difficult time, MSC Cruises remains sensitive to the needs of its guests, its employees, and naturally
you: our Voyagers Club member.

For this reason, I have decided to extend your member benefit by a year. Guests like yourself, who cherish traveling and cruises and wish to continue dreaming with us, are going to be able to do so by keeping the same member points and status for an extra year.

well that's my take on it

i tried to log in to my VC account and see if they have updated my details but i can't log in ta the moment

Pete

100% agree with you, as stated, the email is addressed to me telling me my status is extended by a year.

I just logged into my account and it's not showing yet but i'm sure it will.

9 hours ago, Av8tor said:

Skier,  How do you know they'll get the extra year?

The letter from MSC says "If your card is already expired in 2020 or is set to expire in 2020, its validity will be automatically extended to December 31, 2021 with its point balance and status remaining intact."

Debde stated that his/her card is due to expire on Jan 30, 2021 so it's not clear, at least to me, that the extension would automatically apply since the MSC letter only mentions extensions for cards that have or will expire in 2020.

I'm not a lawyer, but the devil is in the details...

I am hoping that I will not need the year extension. I'd love to be sailing again by January. If not-the extra year for me and so many and it  will be customer satisfaction for sure.👍

Luckily we all have time to check and see when our dates are updated since we are not going anywhere for a while.😢

25 minutes ago, FloridaPalms said:

While the extension date is still not showing in the account info page, this is what is showing when I go to the Voyagers Club page, so any of you that had 2021 expirations should be okay. 

Good find,

That is even more generous than the letter suggested, those with imminent expiry dates (and even those who expired between 1st Jan and now) will get 21 months extra.

Very nice of MSC.

Our last cruise was Seaside October 2019.

So, our Black Diamond (that's what I call it) status should stand until 10/2022.

The one year extension we're talking about should allow our status to stand until 10/2023.

However, I noticed yesterday in my VC account that we expire April 14 2021.

I have an email out to customer service asking to correct this error.

If I don't hear anything in a few days, I'll call.

Edited by AviationInScale

Skier Pete, like you we have done it the hardway, only to be gypped by MSC when they changed the program.  While we do not have any malice towards anyone from another line who gets "matched", it was very cruel of MSC to dump us and then not even offer to "match" our previous status as loyal cruisers.

20 hours ago, AviationInScale said:

So, our Black Diamond (that's what I call it) status should stand until 10/2022.

The one year extension we're talking about should allow our status to stand until 10/2023.

Yes, exactly the same for us, we last cruised MSC at the end of 2019.

I would imagine your last cruise was not credited to your account, was the one before that April 2018? That would explain the strange expiry date.

10 hours ago, camofwilliamsburg said:

I had no idea earned status can be lost. 

I do recall that oddity to the Voyagers Club program when I applied.  Prediction--please note my crystal ball is exceptionally cloudy right now--such will change.  MSC will be among all of the cruise lines to encourage bookings.  Cancelling a past guest's status makes no sense to me if they want me to book another cruise.

On 3/30/2020 at 6:48 AM, ziggyuk said:

Yes, exactly the same for us, we last cruised MSC at the end of 2019.

I would imagine your last cruise was not credited to your account, was the one before that April 2018? That would explain the strange expiry date.

No it was June 2018.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, sidari said:

Only with MSC.

On 3/30/2020 at 3:55 PM, camofwilliamsburg said:

I had no idea earned status can be lost. 

13 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

I do recall that oddity to the Voyagers Club program when I applied.  Prediction--please note my crystal ball is exceptionally cloudy right now--such will change.  MSC will be among all of the cruise lines to encourage bookings.  Cancelling a past guest's status makes no sense to me if they want me to book another cruise.

I travelled with costa before. They changed the program in a crazy way.

You lose any point older than 3 years, even if you keep cruising. Every 15th of june....

I lost status, they lost a client.

MSC at least keeps the points if you keep cruising....

On 3/29/2020 at 7:08 AM, AviationInScale said:

I was finally able to get into my account but, not my husbands.  

My account still shows old expiry date. I imagine it will take some time to update everyones account. I took screen shot of my Black Diamond status just in case that gets wiped out in the process. We have 11,800 points but when I enter individual Voyagers Number, I get back message this account does not exist. 

(Knowing MSC, They may "accidentally " wipe out everyones accounts.)

On our current booking,  it does show our numbers but not status.  I suspect it will take months of work to get all accounts up to date.

Our new expiry date should be March 30, 2023. 

Edited by phissy

On 3/29/2020 at 10:08 AM, AviationInScale said:

I just checked my account.  It shows me with 10,000 points, which is what I started with.  It shows the two cruises I have taken, the latest being November 2019, but the points were not added to my account.  It shows that my expiration date is December 2020 which makes absolutely no sense.  I see no way to contact them.  You mentioned that you have e-mailed customer service.  What address did you use?

11 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I just checked my account.  It shows me with 10,000 points, which is what I started with.  It shows the two cruises I have taken, the latest being November 2019, but the points were not added to my account.  It shows that my expiration date is December 2020 which makes absolutely no sense.  I see no way to contact them.  You mentioned that you have e-mailed customer service.  What address did you use?

I used the form on their “contact us” page. And now that you mention it, my past bookings are gone😳

Edited by AviationInScale

I heard back from MSC a few moments ago...

”Good afternoon,

Your wife's expiration was showing correct for sailings. You were actually missing your last sailing due to the middle name not being on the booking or membership. I have corrected that. The expiration dates now show correct according to your sailings. However, the extension has not been updated in our system yet. Please allow 30 days for that to be reflected.

Regards,
MSC Voyager's Club”

I checked and they did indeed correct my expiry date.

• 1 month later...

Received my notification from MSC this week that our 5500 points (Gold status) that we earned on our 1st time MSC cruise in Dec 2018 which were scheduled to expire Dec 2021 has now been extended to Dec 2022.