Refund Request Form Question

annandme

I've managed to total my non-Princess travel expenses and have emailed my completed Refund Request Form, along with all necessary supporting documentation, to Princess.  I was somewhat surprised that Princess didn't bounce an email back to me letting me know that my Form was received, so, I have nothing to show that I completed this step.  I'm now wondering if anyone has found a way to track the progress of their refund request?  I thought about calling Princess after some time has passed, but, I'm sure that their hold queue wait times are very long right now, that they have more important things to take care of than relay status updates, and that they might even have trouble finding my request without some sort of request lookup number to query.  Are others in the same situation - just resigned now to wait the 6-8 weeks to see what comes in the mail?  Or is there something I'm missing?

34 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Did you print out or take a screen shot of your docs?

Yes.  Per the instructions I had, I emailed my request form to customerrelations@princesscruises.com with all of my docs as pdf attachments.  I saved my "Sent" email so it wouldn't be deleted, but, I'm not certain that this gives me any proof that my request was received by Princess.

Edited by annandme

Some have reported finding the confirmation email in their spam folder as it comes from a weird email address.

EDIT: Looked back through a couple of threads and found the email address that is sending the confirmation emails to spam folders. The confirmation is coming from: noreply@qemailserver.com

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

what is the link to Princess cruises reimbursement form as I have out of pocket pre cruise hotel expenses which are not refundable and my cruise has been cancelled.?

If you go to princess.com then contact us (not sure how it shows up on a computer but that's it on the droid) there's an optionScreenshot_20200724-074723_Chrome.thumb.jpg.aad9a7a722144a560de02ab20a77a920.jpg for reimbursements. You can send multiple files & get an automatic response 

See my earlier post. You can add multiple files to the post before submitting.  I sent it June 20th & July 13th. Received an acknowledgment for both. No answer yet

If you're requesting a refund for a cruise, Princess excursions, transfers, airfare, etc then I'm not sure. The 1st cancelation was a simple transfer, I was sent a form for the 2nd & 3rd, the 4th one I pulled the plug and requested a refund a week b4 Princess cancelled 

Edited by Ombud

Ya, that's more for if you had expenses other than the actual cruise.  Which I don't.  I got my airfare back and since it ha not happened I don't have hotels etc.  Well, maybe I do.  I had an airbnb in Sydney that I lost $100 on.  Maybe I'll try that.  Every other expense though was directly through Princess.

1 hour ago, notentirelynormal said:

I didn't know we had to fill in a form!  What!  I was told that my refunds were being processed.  Where do I go to get the forms and information?

This post is not about cruise refunds. This is about getting reimbursed for out of pocket expenses. 

On 7/24/2020 at 4:59 PM, WNcruiser said:

Good luck. I submitted mine in early May and never heard a word. I called last week and was told they have it but haven't got that far yet....uh its been almost 3 months! 

This is just my opinion. Princess should be ashamed of them self!! It’s been almost 3 months and that’s the best answer they can come up with. 
Tony

• Like 1

On 3/13/2020 at 9:44 AM, annandme said:

Yes.  Per the instructions I had, I emailed my request form to customerrelations@princesscruises.com with all of my docs as pdf attachments.  I saved my "Sent" email so it wouldn't be deleted, but, I'm not certain that this gives me any proof that my request was received by Princess.

Had the same issue with additional items they requested to the same email address above, auto receipt email did not arrive, so after  3 weeks followed up ( 2 hour wait on the phone) Glad I invested that time, they had not received anything, so the agent had me resend it while she was on the phone and still no auto reply, finally she had me resend to her direct email address so at least I'm now in the queue for review !

May be worth a follow up phone call ??

On 7/25/2020 at 6:59 AM, WNcruiser said:

Good luck. I submitted mine in early May and never heard a word. I called last week and was told they have it but haven't got that far yet....uh its been almost 3 months! 

My Out of Pockets request form was sent by my TA 5 months ago today. I wrote to them two months ago and Princess said I have to go through my TA which I sort of expected. My TA has advised on at least three occasions he has followed up and just gets apologies from Princess.

Last night I emailed Princess and demanded a real update due to the time this has taken. I suggested that even if they don't want to respond to me, even though I am the customer, then at least give the TA some worthwhile response. I also briefly blabbed about loyalty, customer service etc but that would be falling on deaf ears by now. I have had the cruises refunded by now and this amount is only $2600 but enough is enough. Most of the out of pocket expenses are flights which were booked through EZair but Princess did not want to refund these costs with the cruise refund.