Norwegian Announcement today March 13th

Chesneygirl

15 minutes ago, js said:

Their PCC havent been notified, which is awful communication.  

Techically the consumer has not been notified either.  Did anyone get an email on this? I have not.  I only know about this due to these boards.  

Edited by anitsiva
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Lil Angels said:

FAKE NEWS - I called there and they have not cancelled.

You were told wrong. They have in fact canceled all of their sailings until mid April. Effective immediately. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

I don't know if this is true or not, but I find it strange that it isn't on their website if it's true

NCL is known for not having great communication (both internally and externally).  But it is being reported by major news outlets, so we can assume it's true.  https://www.miamiherald.com/news/business/tourism-cruises/article241176211.html

As stated in the article I linked to, Royal Caribbean is suspending for 30 days too.  So it's not that farfetched of an idea.

Just now, kaprin02 said:

NCL is known for not having great communication (both internally and externally).  But it is being reported by major news outlets, so we can assume it's true.  https://www.miamiherald.com/news/business/tourism-cruises/article241176211.html

As stated in the article I linked to, Royal Caribbean is suspending for 30 days too.  So it's not that farfetched of an idea.

Yeah, this is real poor communication on their part.  You can still do searches and bookings for the affected cruises.  As be someone in IT and manages websites, I know it doesn't take much to at least put a banner up on the main page

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MrsKC08 said:

You were told wrong. They have in fact canceled all of their sailings until mid April. Effective immediately. 

When this was posted, I called and the agent said no sailings were cancelled.  I was suppose to leave Sunday.  She said do not believe anything on CC.  We would get an email and it would be posted on their website. We still have not received an email.  I called back 30 minutes ago and was told it was cancelled.

11 minutes ago, mugtech said:

You want to change that?

When this was posted, I called and the agent said no sailings were cancelled.  I was suppose to leave Sunday.  She said do not believe anything on CC.  We would get an email and it would be posted on their website. We still have not received an email.  I called back 30 minutes ago and was told it was cancelled.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

Yeah, this is real poor communication on their part.  You can still do searches and bookings for the affected cruises.  As be someone in IT and manages websites, I know it doesn't take much to at least put a banner up on the main page

You may be able to search/view affected cruises, you can't book them - everything shows completely sold out or "not available."  Which is not to say that they are doing ok.  They definitely should be doing better, and like you said, at the very least, put up a banner and/or update their coronavirus travel alert page with the updated info.

Edited by kaprin02

10 minutes ago, Lil Angels said:

So you had a choice to believe either CC or NCL and you chose NCL? Good luck

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's posted on NCL's site:

https://www.ncl.com/travel-alert/coronavirus

It would suck to have this weekends cruise cancelled, but at least they're doing 150% FCC through cruises leaving the 17th, and 125% for the rest through April 11th. Or a full refund if you prefer, it will just take 90 days to process.

Edited by KSSS2013