Compensation offer screenshot

foggyphils

12 hours ago, miataman19 said:

I'm wondering. I had a 3/24/20 sailing, I also have a 7/17/2 sailing that has only a deposit. Could I apply the FCC to that sailing and still get the OBC? That would be cool.

I was able to apply the FCC from our canceled 3/13 cruise to one that I had already booked for 10/30. This was before this latest complete stop, but I'm sure the process would be the same. Took a few days for the FCC to be applied to our booking, but it is there now, reducing what I had owed for my final payment.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Wanna_Cruize said:

I was able to apply the FCC from our canceled 3/13 cruise to one that I had already booked for 10/30. This was before this latest complete stop, but I'm sure the process would be the same. Took a few days for the FCC to be applied to our booking, but it is there now, reducing what I had owed for my final payment.

That is WONDERFUL news.  Uncertainty about future age restrictions has me unwilling as of right now to book a new one, but two of the three future bookings I already have aren't yet paid in full.

Gee, guess I should have waited.

I cancelled Monday Online.

On Tuesday, I called Carnival and rebooked another 7 day cruise, using my FCC from my March 29th 2020 (7 Day Cruise). 

No $600 OBC was offered at that time ... 

☹️☹️

Bobbi

I had to cancel Friday morning due to the new health screening items. what are the odds I can get the FCC +the $600 OBC instead of the refund they approved, but obviously not sent out? I didn't take the first FCC offer because it was only good for 1 year and we had 2 other cruises booked. but a 2 year FCC would be great (I tried to get a longer one originally and couldn't).

I submitted our form requesting FCC/OBC for our cancelled cruise yesterday (as soon as I received the email).  I've gotten no response back, and if I log into the Carnival Website, it still says I'm sailing in 21 days.  I spent 3 hours trying to contact Carnival this morning, as we would like to re-book right away for later in April, but I've had no luck.  I can't book online without the FCC (unless I want to pay for another cruise in full).  I guess I will wait for things to calm down a bit and try again.  

9 hours ago, Markmom18 said:

On Tuesday, I called Carnival and rebooked another 7 day cruise, using my FCC from my March 29th 2020 (7 Day Cruise). 

☹️☹️

Bobbi

Welcome to my world. I was booked on the inaugural Mardi Gras out of Copenhagen. It got to the point where I needed to book airline fare, but I was worried about the ship being completed on time (there were rumors) and having booked nonrefundable airfare. So I cancelled and booked a cruise in May.  Not even a week later, they cancelled the inaugural Mardi Gras sailing and offered the 25% FCC.  So I lost the $50/pp change fee AND the FCC.  It is what it is lol

Now I'm worried that the May cruise out of New Orleans will get cancelled... but lesson learned, and this time, I'm waiting for Carnival to cancel it 😝

I know Carnival is busy but I was suppose to sail in 8 days and it still shows my upcoming cruise and trying to get me to purchase Spa treatments for a 10% discount. I filled up my cart with items to see if it would allow me to purchase and, yes it would have.

3 hours ago, miataman19 said:

I know Carnival is busy but I was suppose to sail in 8 days and it still shows my upcoming cruise and trying to get me to purchase Spa treatments for a 10% discount. I filled up my cart with items to see if it would allow me to purchase and, yes it would have.

I was set to leave today and it’s still in my cruises and I got a boarding pass reminder email this morning. I think it’s just taking time to cancel everything. 

12 hours ago, Markmom18 said:

☹️☹️

Bobbi

3 hours ago, iamsteph said:

Welcome to my world. I was booked on the inaugural Mardi Gras out of Copenhagen. It got to the point where I needed to book airline fare, but I was worried about the ship being completed on time (there were rumors) and having booked nonrefundable airfare. So I cancelled and booked a cruise in May.  Not even a week later, they cancelled the inaugural Mardi Gras sailing and offered the 25% FCC.  So I lost the $50/pp change fee AND the FCC.  It is what it is lol

Now I'm worried that the May cruise out of New Orleans will get cancelled... but lesson learned, and this time, I'm waiting for Carnival to cancel it 😝

Me three! 🙋🏼‍♀️ I am rescheduled for July 25th which is now under a revised cancellation policy also. We’re just going to ride this one out I think, losing out on the $600 OBC is a bit too painful! 

I think it would be fair and a nice gesture for Carnival to offer the same deal to those of us that had already cancelled and rebooked due to the Coronavirus but I don’t think it is a financially viable option for them. The fact the cancellation letters say it may take 90 days to process the refunds gives me pause. 

Millions of people all over the world are being negatively affected by this nasty virus. As far as the cruise industry I worry mostly about the crew, where is their income coming from now? I hope when the feds authorize some sort of bailout for the cruise industry the lines do the right thing and take care of the crew first. 

On 3/13/2020 at 11:32 PM, Avondra said:

Same. We are booked on April 11th....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are too. I just wish they’d cancel right now, but they won’t. They will wait until I’m driving to Florida from Buffalo, with no place to eat, as states are ordering all restaurants and bars to close. And Ft Lauderdale and Miami beaches are now closed to the public, until after our April 11 sail date. I have a cottage rental near Daytona Beach for days leading up to day before cruise, but no place to eat. Not a good situation. Does anyone know what the percentage of FCC I’d recieve if I cancelled?

7 hours ago, Roadie90 said:

Heads up for those that made changes after 3/1 but before the new refund or FCC offer: 

85C6A7DC-6217-4E3C-AFA0-5FC52A7D90AD.png

I followed through and e-mailed guest services with my request. The auto reply said due to the Coronavirus situation it could take 7 to 14 days to get a reply, not surprising. It could be misinformation, guess I’ll find out in 7 to 14 days, thanks again for posting! 

Hello all,

Does anyone have a sense of what Carnival might do with their Alaska cruises in April?  Since Canada is not allowing cruise ships over 500 people to dock in Canadian ports until July 1 the requirement for a foreign port becomes a real issue for Alaska cruises. 

We are booked to sail out of Vancouver to Alaska on 4/19.  Since there are no other 'foreign' ports in the area I don't see them having any other options, but I haven't received any information that the cruise has been officially cancelled.  My guess is they're taking cancellations in order and since we weren't scheduled to leave until 4/19 we're not on the radar yet. 

I'm assuming they'll have to cancel so I'm waiting for official word--I'd like to apply the FCC and potential OBC to an upcoming Hawaii cruise in September, but I'd like to cancel the air tickets to Vancouver since we're on United and only given to the end of April (as of now) to request a refund.

Anyone else see a way that Carnival might not cancel the cruise?

27 minutes ago, trishweber22 said:

Hello all,

Does anyone have a sense of what Carnival might do with their Alaska cruises in April?  Since Canada is not allowing cruise ships over 500 people to dock in Canadian ports until July 1 the requirement for a foreign port becomes a real issue for Alaska cruises. 

We are booked to sail out of Vancouver to Alaska on 4/19.  Since there are no other 'foreign' ports in the area I don't see them having any other options, but I haven't received any information that the cruise has been officially cancelled.  My guess is they're taking cancellations in order and since we weren't scheduled to leave until 4/19 we're not on the radar yet. 

I'm assuming they'll have to cancel so I'm waiting for official word--I'd like to apply the FCC and potential OBC to an upcoming Hawaii cruise in September, but I'd like to cancel the air tickets to Vancouver since we're on United and only given to the end of April (as of now) to request a refund.

Anyone else see a way that Carnival might not cancel the cruise?

I’m waiting on any news for Alaskan Cruises as well. We are on the 4/20 sailing departing from Vancouver returning to Seattle. 

I honestly don’t see how they can’t cancel these sailings. 

Here is the link to the notification on Carnival’s website: https://www.carnival.com/health-and-sailing-update.aspx

For some reason this page is slightly different than if you select the Travel Advisory at the top left of the home page. 

Once  you get there scroll down and you will see that the first box relates to those cruises that have been cancelled where it indicates emails are being sent.  Earlier today this page had a link for a form to complete but it has since changed indicating they will email the form link.

2nd box Carnival Cancelation Policy provides details on cruises later in the year.

On 3/13/2020 at 11:39 PM, ceilidh1 said:

Wonder how you are meant to let them know you want a refund? Can't get through by phone and no one responding to social media. I cancelled mine on Tuesday and just want an email confirming it to claim on insurance (which WILL cover me). Can't even get that! I understand they are swamped, but I would think an email would be an automatic thing....

On their website it says you do not need to call them, there is a form

1 minute ago, Nessa55 said:

Yes - I saw that. However, the screenshot first posted on here directed customers to call if they wanted a refund. Obviously this has been updated since.

3 hours ago, dmarie1623 said:

I’m waiting on any news for Alaskan Cruises as well. We are on the 4/20 sailing departing from Vancouver returning to Seattle. 

I honestly don’t see how they can’t cancel these sailings. 

dmarie1623,

My apologies for getting the date of the cruise wrong!  My husband and I were flying out on the 19th and planning to spend the night in Vancouver before the cruise departed on the 20th--I got my dates confused. 

Hopefully Carnival will finalize things soon so we can all move forward!

8 hours ago, Nessa55 said:

My April 5 cruise was cancelled. I recieved an email from them with a link to fill out a form. That form gave me two options. Option one: 100% FCC with $600 OBC, or Option two: Full refund. You had to click on your choice of reimbursement, option one or two. But you only get the email from them if your cruise was actually cancelled by Carnival. And I have not gotten a confirmation email back from them confirming the amount of FCC I’m getting (I want to verify that I’m getting all I paid), or that I did fill out the form. Any kind of confirmation would be nice.

Edited by grandmarnnurse